[Live Event] LEGO DOTS x The Sims (7 days)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

[Live Event] LEGO DOTS x The Sims (7 days)

Post by ErinPW »

This is a 7 day Live Event starting from June 14th

Requirements: (Subject to change)
Source

Candles - 13,050
Pottery - 27,775
Jewelry - 23,200
Glassware - 12,500
CC’s - 365

NOTE: There is no coin flower patch in this event, we can only earn constructor coins through our daily tasks and progress bar.
This way you need to complete the daily goals on all 7 days to reach the required CCs!
Always take care to have a prize ready to unlock so you can collect the rewards every day!

The milestones will give 58 CCs (2x 3, 2x 4, 2x 5, 2x 7, 2x 10)
The daily goals will give 65 CCs plus 1 every 24 hours = 462 CCs in 7 days

While you may have the stations in your inventory or on a lot they are unusable until you unlock them again. We still have to progress through the personal prizes to unlock the different craft stations to use.

7 actions are stocked when you purchase a station from the Home Store.
After those 7 are used it takes 2.5 hours to restock it for 9 uses or 10 SPs to restock for 18 uses. If you are using SP it is better to just pay the 10 to get 18 uses as speeding up the 2.5 hours takes 9 SPs.

Note: The lenght of the actions depend on your Sim‘s mood. Inspired Sims will be faster, happy Sims will do the tasks at a normal speed, sad Sims will need more time.
Last edited by ErinPW on 14 Jun 2022, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correction CCs for daily goals
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: [Live Event] LEGO DOTS x The Sims (7 days)

Post by ErinPW »

Pictures to follow.

The first of each item is free.

(Click to enlarge)
D5C6B00E-C504-4CD7-BFF8-B1F9CD2CFBBE.jpeg

Bed, wallpapers and blue carpet have been  unlocked with the template "You DOT You"
Bed, wallpapers and blue carpet have been unlocked with the template "You DOT You"
74F4E6DE-29D7-44AC-AF1F-E43B444A7556.jpeg

4216EFBE-1B66-4AF8-A231-735F3AB7161C.jpeg
02F791A8-C6F4-48D4-A44E-7E5A60054510.jpeg
Last edited by ErinPW on 20 Jun 2022, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Is that daily CC count correct? I see 25+20+10+10+1 = 66 every day
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 06:33 Is that daily CC count correct? I see 25+20+10+10+1 = 66 every day
I couldn‘t start and see the numbers, yet. I‘ll correct them as soon as possible!
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

ErinPW wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 07:27
simmare wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 06:33 Is that daily CC count correct? I see 25+20+10+10+1 = 66 every day
I couldn‘t start and see the numbers, yet. I‘ll correct them as soon as possible!
Thank you, simmare! I hurried up and corrected the numbers now :)
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SFP talked about the missing coin patch here.

Guess, they won‘t repeat events related to Lego.
Attachments
0B9631EE-DD27-4D06-B9DC-1DF51C3947B9.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The pacing of this one throws me. I'm used to really pushing to get items in order to complete...trying to reset as soon as possible, occasionally catching it just before it expires sp I can spend 1 SP and get whole bonus.

This time, despite not using SP, I had so many items I had enough in about 4 days, but no way to get the constructor coins but waiting for the next day. I had to continue crafting excess items to progress in getting constructor coins.

I thought I'd at least see the excess items convert to simoleans at the end. But nope, that didn't happen. The even just ended and they were gone.

What I really wish is excess items would save to next event for a head start, but that's another story.

Generally the crafting event is my favorite, with the best of the new items and a house template. Overall, I found this event disappointing, including the prizes. I've always loved Legos but they don't translate well to Sims.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

SKatF wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 05:51 The pacing of this one throws me. I'm used to really pushing to get items in order to complete...trying to reset as soon as possible, occasionally catching it just before it expires sp I can spend 1 SP and get whole bonus.

This time, despite not using SP, I had so many items I had enough in about 4 days, but no way to get the constructor coins but waiting for the next day. I had to continue crafting excess items to progress in getting constructor coins.

I thought I'd at least see the excess items convert to simoleans at the end. But nope, that didn't happen. The even just ended and they were gone.

What I really wish is excess items would save to next event for a head start, but that's another story.

Generally the crafting event is my favorite, with the best of the new items and a house template. Overall, I found this event disappointing, including the prizes. I've always loved Legos but they don't translate well to Sims.
I had the same problem with pacing. I crafted a zillion or so more items than were needed, but I still had to continue for 2 full days to get the CCs. Much as I hate the usual format for live events, this one was worse. I’d’ve rather had a coin patch for this.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

SKatF wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 05:51 The pacing of this one throws me. I'm used to really pushing to get items in order to complete...trying to reset as soon as possible, occasionally catching it just before it expires sp I can spend 1 SP and get whole bonus.

I agree about the pacing and prizes. The backpacks etc are cute but it would be nice if the preteens could do more than admire them. I set my hopes too high that they might be able to personalize the signs with their name to hang in their room maybe?? Or make signs for around the daycare??
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

As far as I understand the Firemonkeys’ post regarding this event and the missing CC spin plant, it was an exception. The spin plant will be back in upcoming live events. Guess, they won’t repeat the Lego event in future updates. Actually it‘s a good thing that they didn‘t include the spin plant this time. At least we now know if we miss it or if we want it back :)

The outfit and hat for preteens are disappointing to me. I would have liked at least one or two more colors :?

The template includes several items I don‘t have in my town, yet.
Attachments
7E112CCB-89CE-4913-8621-19EDA2418760.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1