HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Eco Lifestyle + Family Fun Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by SKatF »

But arguing and kicking each other .... pretty poor.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I've run into a bug in the pregnancy event in this update. I have 10 sims in 2 houses to do support tasks. This time I've had one or more sims randomly seem to be doing the task ... standing by object, correct in sim tracker... but when check the sims at finish, they haven't progressed. Really can goof up your progress if one or more didn't finish a long task.

I've found I need to wait several minutes and recheck them. If no progress, I have to cancel their task and close the game to clear the problem. Cancelling and restarting them is not enough as they'll go back to their glitch.

I did find I can usually spot them if I look very closely (I have a small phone screen) as they are often doing something odd. Took screenshots this time since there were 3 doing it.
Attachments
Sim on right keeps knocking head into wall, then drinking from a glass. Receiver is floating.
Sim on right keeps knocking head into wall, then drinking from a glass. Receiver is floating.
Sim to left holding paper to ear instead of receiver, which is floating next to him. Sim in middle OK. Sim to right sitting on air with paper. Receiver floats. The glitched sims alternate sitting on air and listening to paper. Kind of funny, actually.
Sim to left holding paper to ear instead of receiver, which is floating next to him. Sim in middle OK. Sim to right sitting on air with paper. Receiver floats. The glitched sims alternate sitting on air and listening to paper. Kind of funny, actually.
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LittleBean »

ErinPW wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 17:38 A little while ago I read on FB about new interactions of our sims when they’re not busy with tasks. So far I didn’t see those in my own town but in another town where the sims weren’t inspired.
They talked to other sims and to my visiting sim (the relationship bar moved up a bit).
They went to wall decorations to admire them.
So far it was nice.

Then I sent a sim to Another Simtown because those sims aren’t inspired and was pretty surprised.
The needs seem to drain much faster than before. The sims are crying, arguing, are rude and hit each other with a foot, they go to the fridge and hit it with a foot. :cry:
I wanted more interactions when sims aren’t occupied with tasks. But for sure not in this way.
Wow, what dramatic actions! I’ll need to let my sims get uninspired and try this. I like the idea that my unoccupied sims will do more than find a chair in theory 😅
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Ok, so now I can't even do the broomstick hobby on the Wizard lot!!! This hobby is completely broken.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

telemwill wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 00:57 Ok, so now I can't even do the broomstick hobby on the Wizard lot!!! This hobby is completely broken.
Great :roll:

I have tried this hobby on several lots. On some lots it was possible, on others not. So it’s at least not totally broken. If players are working on the hobby and the limited time prize they can progress.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

The Wizard lot was the one that worked for me before. But I just built a new house on that lot, and it will not work. I don't know what the secret is anymore. This needs to be fixed. I don't know why it isn't top priority. Except that EA is not as concerned with improving gameplay as it once was.

I am not trying to complete the limited time prize anymore. I just want my wizard family to have wizard hobbies. It's so disappointing that they can't do this on the lot that was designed for them. I am just sad.

Thanks for responding, Erin!

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.