[SIMCHASE] Season 5: Backyard Battle!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

[SIMCHASE] Season 5: Backyard Battle!

Post by ErinPW »

This is the fifth SimChase event. It lasts 7 days.

After opening the game and tapping "Start Chase" the following episodes will start at the same time every day.
To start the event check in with SimChase's hirsute host Kam Ham at the Nightclub.

Note:
Numbers of sims, clues or objects to be found and costs may vary.
Some tasks can be done by preteens.

Episode 1 Challenges
- SimChase rule refresher! Have your Sim read the SimChase Rulebook from a Bookshelf. - 2 hours
- E-Sports! Get good and win the most games online. On Computers, organize 8 Sims to win games. - 3 hours
- This Challenge is no oak! Can yew get a high score? Have your Sim beat the tree trivia high score on a Computer. - 6 minutes
- Make-Up Mastery! Have your Sim master make-up from Commodore Knew-It-All in the Park. Learning higher Mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost May Vary
    Expert Make-Up - 2 hours; §300,583
    Master Make-Up - 1 hour 42 minutes; 11 SP
    Grandmaster Make-Up - 30 minutes; 12 SP
- Puzzling petals! Poppies have problems too. Have your Sim solve the Poppy Puzzle from a Dining Chair that has a Table. - 6 minutes
- Hot food challenge! From a Fridge, have your Sim eat wasabi - 6 minutes
- Check in with SimChase's hirsute host, Kam Ham at the Nightclub. - 5 seconds

Episode 2 Challenges
- SimChase rule refresher! Have your Sim read the SimChase Rulebook from a Bookshelf. - 2 hours
- Clues are hidden on a network! On Computers organize 9 Sims to hack for SimChase clues! - 3 hours
- Illogical layouts! Can your Sim lay it out straight? Have your Sim solve the landscaping layout puzzle on a Computer. - 1 hour
- Painting Mastery! Have your Sim master painting from Commodore Knew-It-All in the Park. Learning Higher Mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost May Vary
    Expert Painting - 4 hours - §601.166
    Master Painting - 3 hours 24 minutes - 22 SP
    Grandmaster Painting - 1 hour - 24 SP
- Frozen waters! An ultimate test of grit! In a Bathtub, have your Sim endure an ice bath. - 1 hour
- Round up pesky pennies! Have up to 12 Sims search home objects for 36 pennies. Quick Complete to get extra pennies! - 3 hoursO

Episode 3 Challenges
- Caffeine Crafting! Organize 12 Sims to craft cappuccinos from a Coffee Maker! - 3 hours
- Duck divas! Can your Sim take the winning shot? Have your Sim take photos of the ducks in the Park. - 1 hour
- Finance Mastery! Another day, another Simoleon! Learn finances from Captain Know-It-All in the Park. Learning Higher Mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost May Vary
    Expert Finance - §390.757 - 2 hours
    Master Finance - 14 SP - 1 hour 42 minutes
    Grandmaster Finance- 15 SP - 30 minutes
- Pruned to perfection! Can your Sim make the cut? Have your Sim make a perfect prune on a Plant - 6 hours (Note: It's an extra option. Tap a plant - Watch out for the SimChase icon and also have a look at the star-rating of the plants. There are pictures at the 7th post of this thread.)
- Food challenge! Have your Sim eat mystery meat from a Fridge. - 1 hour

Episode 4 Challenges
- Cooking comp! Who can cook Ratatouille? Organize 12 Sims to cook Ratatouille at Stoves. - 1 hour
- It's an elm-ementry my dear! Have a Sim explain the elm enigma to a Tree. - 2 hours (Note: It's an extra option. Tap a tree - watch out for the SimChase icon and also have a look at the star-rating of the trees.) (Pictures are at the top of page 2 of this thread.)
- Sewing Mastery! Have your Sim master sewing from Commodore Knew-It-All in the Park. Learning Higher Mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost May Vary
    Expert Sewing - 4 hours - §420.816
    Master Sewing - 3 hours 24 minutes - 15 SP
    Grandmaster Sewing - 1 hour - 16 SP
- Malevolent mosquitoes! Have your Sim endure the most bug bites from a Tree! - 6 hours (Note: It's an extra option. Tap a tree - watch out for the SimChase icon and also have a look at the star-rating of the trees.) (Pictures are at the top of page 2 of this thread.)
- 1000 to 1! At a Bookshelf, have your Sim find the clue in the 1000-page book. - 1 hour

Episode 5 Challenges
- Baffling blueprints! What will the blueprints lead to? Organize 24 Sims to find blueprints at a Computer. - 3 hours
- Food challenge! Have your Sim eat slimy greens from a Fridge. - 4 hours
- Singing Mastery! Have your Sim master singing from Captain Know-It-All in the Park. Learning Higher Mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost may vary
    Expert Singing - 3 hours - § 1,202,332
    Master Singing - 2 hours 33 minutes - 44 SP
    Grandmaster Singing - 45 minutes - 48 SP
- No time to breathe! Have your Sim continuously talk on the Soapbox in the Park! - 5 hours
- Ladybug Takeover! Have up to 12 Sims try to find 36 ladybugs from household objects. Quick Complete to get extra ladybugs! - 3 hours

Episode 6 Challenges
- Game Jam! On Computers, organize 16 Sims to create the next must-have app. - 2 hours
- Backyard barbecue! Can your Sim keep up with demand? Have your Sim Grill up a Feast from a BBQ - 3 hours
- Photography Mastery! Have your Sim master photography from Commodore Knew-It-All in the Park. Learning higher mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost may vary
    Expert Photography - 6 hours - § 601,166
    Master Photography - 5 hours 6 minutes - 22 SP
    Grandmaster Photography - 1 hour 30 minutes minutes - 24 SP
- Plentiful propagation! Can your Sim propagate a perfect Plant? Have your Sim make a propagation from a Plant. - 3 hours 30 minutes (Note: It's an extra option. Tap a plant - watch out for the SimChase icon and also have a look at the star-rating of the plants. There are pictures at the 7th post of this thread.)
- Social clues! At a Computer, have your Sim find the clue in the comment sections of SimTube. - 3 hours

Episode 7 Challenges
- Hidden gold books! Organize 28 Sims to find the gold books from Bookshelves - 28 gold books. - 3 hours
- Dress for success! Can you outshine the competition? Have your Sim spruce up from a Mirror. - 3 hours
- Bluff Mastery! Have a Sim learn to bluff from Captain Know-It-All in the Park! Learning Higher Mastery levels take less time!
  • Cost may vary
    Expert Bluffing - 4 hours; § 1,502,915
    Master Bluffing - 3 hours 24 minutes; 55 SP
    Grandmaster Bluffing - 1 hour; 60 SP
- Cryptic codes! A code is hidden in a cipher crossword puzzle. Have your Sim solve the cipher crossword from a Magazine Stack. - 6 hours
- They always go missing! Have up to 12 Sims search household objects for 48 TV remotes. Quick Complete to find extra remotes! - 3 hours
Last edited by ErinPW on 29 Aug 2019, 08:02, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Episode 7
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 5: Backyard Battle!

Post by ErinPW »

Here are screenshots of the prizes.
(Klick to enlarge.)

Episode 2
A4149C48-F2E2-42C5-A528-9555AADC09EF.jpeg

Episode 5
A0AFCAE0-0D84-41B1-BC97-0E0BA86D28C4.jpeg

Grand Prize
The hats will come in 4 hair colors - black, blond, brown and red.
The jumpsuits and boots will come in 4 combinations.
The shorts for male sims will come in blue, brown, black and rose
D9B0A00A-45E2-488E-BE9F-7BEBBC281237.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Sitting here debating whether I have the spoons for this. *sigh*
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Why are the best prizes always hiding behind paywall events?
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Thanks for putting together the list. At least on this one I like the prizes enough to try, but not enough to spend any SP. which is good because I used my entire stash last time !

It really helps knowing it resets at the same time everyday! I timed it this time so I start in time to have my coffee. And check in here.
Other minor tips for this ridiculous game —— I keep 28 Sims stationed at 3 houses, ( that’s the most they’ve had required for one activity ) with full sets of 3 star bookcases, stoves and computers lined up- those seem to be the most common items needed for multiple character assignments and can be used for searching.
I keep one sim at the park, and one at the nightclub through the event. Saves a precious few seconds calling someone over.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I really wish they didn't include gloves in the outfit. Makes them less versatile. But otherwise I really like the prizes. Of course, for me, outdoor prizes are always the best!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Episode 3 Task "Pruned to perfection! Can your Sim make the cut? Have your Sim make a perfect prune on a Plant - 6 hours"

It's an extra option that doesn't show up at every plant and there are not many 3-star-plants. At a plant with no or one star the task will take 7 hours 30 minutes.

Episode 6 Task
"Plentiful propagation! Can your Sim propagate a perfect Plant? Have your Sim make a propagation from a Plant. - 3 hours 30 minutes"

Is also an extra option. At plants with no or one star the task will take 4 hours 23 minutes.

Here's a picture of the 3-star-plants that have the option. I didn't find more.
C46BDD81-2C6D-486C-AA89-FAB266D530C1.jpeg

Watch out for the star rating at the top and for SimChase icon at the tasks.
Episode 3
1CD33F3D-334D-413B-83DA-54D96884900B.jpeg

Episode 6
DB94B7FD-9D99-4450-BB29-9E990C072E34.jpeg

Skipping the task at the SimChase menue will cost 10 SP; the task-time and star rating of the plants doesn't matter then.
Attachments
C12D35D7-7C84-4D86-BDB8-BD7375A43CB0.jpeg
Last edited by ErinPW on 28 Aug 2019, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info and picture for episode 6
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Desiree wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 15:41 Thanks for putting together the list. At least on this one I like the prizes enough to try, but not enough to spend any SP. which is good because I used my entire stash last time !

It really helps knowing it resets at the same time everyday! I timed it this time so I start in time to have my coffee. And check in here.
Other minor tips for this ridiculous game —— I keep 28 Sims stationed at 3 houses, ( that’s the most they’ve had required for one activity ) with full sets of 3 star bookcases, stoves and computers lined up- those seem to be the most common items needed for multiple character assignments and can be used for searching.
I keep one sim at the park, and one at the nightclub through the event. Saves a precious few seconds calling someone over.
You're welcome :)

For the resetting time I have changed the opening post.

While the other SimChase events the timer started when my sim checked in at the Nightclub. For some friends it was the same, for others it started right after opening the game. This time the timer resets at the same time when I opened my game. So either there are different versions or the FM have changed the resetting time.
I'm not sure how important this info is. Guess, most players head over to the Nightclub right after opening the game.
iOS 17.4.1

RobynE
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Stuck with the pruned challenge not sure where to look

Post by RobynE »

What am I missing
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

RobynE wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 13:31 What am I missing
I have moved your post to the proper topic. Two posts above yours are pictures for that task. Hope, that post helps.
iOS 17.4.1