Firemonkeys Massive Layoffs

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Firemonkeys Massive Layoffs

Post by Simsaddict456 »

https://kotaku.com/eas-australian-studi ... ku_Twitter

I am just going to leave this here. Apparently Sims Mobile development studio changed continent. I wonder what this means for the future of freeplay and sims mobile. It is not clear from the article if any developers working on sims freeplay lost their job.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Firemonkeys Massive Layoffs

Post by telemwill »

This may explain why prices in game have gotten so expensive. Yet, they have to be making money from online store purchases. I feel sorry for those laid off, and I hope it's not just greed from those higher up.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Yeah, read this yesterday, although I read it from a website who's focus is the Need For Speed franchise so I didn't really grab a overall perspective. There's a lot of games such as NFS: No Limits, Real Racing (this title was apparently due to have a sequel game coming up, however with the recent news, there's uncertainty over this) etc that could be all majorly affected.

I was going to do a similar thing and post it like Simsaddict, but I was certain someone else was all over it.

In all honesty, I've heard rumours of this coming for a long time. I've speculated (but refused to comment for privacy reasons) for a long time whether the sudden jump in in-game currency was linked to a possible overhaul within the studios. I've also noticed a couple of the gaming title's social medias have gone a lot more quiet than normal (SFP especially). It wouldn't surprise me if there is more to come from this.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 02:55 Yeah, read this yesterday, although I read it from a website who's focus is the Need For Speed franchise so I didn't really grab a overall perspective. There's a lot of games such as NFS: No Limits, Real Racing (this title was apparently due to have a sequel game coming up, however with the recent news, there's uncertainty over this) etc that could be all majorly affected.

I was going to do a similar thing and post it like Simsaddict, but I was certain someone else was all over it.

In all honesty, I've heard rumours of this coming for a long time. I've speculated (but refused to comment for privacy reasons) for a long time whether the sudden jump in in-game currency was linked to a possible overhaul within the studios. I've also noticed a couple of the gaming title's social medias have gone a lot more quiet than normal (SFP especially). It wouldn't surprise me if there is more to come from this.
I've read it on a sims fan site, but I think it was better to link their original source, there is some truth in my username :lol: I wonder now if this kind of news has any significance to the sims freeplay at all. EA is a global company, they won't just drop the mobile market. It fits their way of working way too well. Maybe they will just partially move to Canada for better taxes or whatever it says in the comments of the article. I wonder if the mention of sims mobile is just a typo. I don't really think that increase in ingame prices has that much to do with it, it makes sense to me as a complete layperson that with a game that mainly caters to daily long term players prices will increase with time..