2018 Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: 2018 Holiday Update - Changes

Post by randy_thrandy »

i've still got the popup in the list of quests, you know where, it's sitting on top of it for the whole time so i supposed it's not very likely they messed up and set the wrong pop-up? perhaps there has been a change and they'll do the furniture event instead of the aerobics one ?
honestly tho.... someone make the woodworking hobby illegal please ? it's SUPER annoying and the times are just dreadful and i overall hate it. :P
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

They sprung country homestead on us back in October without listing it on the schedule too. Maybe they don't want to give us advance notice on woodworking since we all hate it so much. I would rather the prizes from this then aerobics... I still hadn't figured out what version 3 was and if I had done it or not anyways. But I am dreading having to touch the woodworking benches again.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

randy_thrandy wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 14:45 i've still got the popup in the list of quests, you know where, it's sitting on top of it for the whole time so i supposed it's not very likely they messed up and set the wrong pop-up? perhaps there has been a change and they'll do the furniture event instead of the aerobics one ?
honestly tho.... someone make the woodworking hobby illegal please ? it's SUPER annoying and the times are just dreadful and i overall hate it. :P
I don't mind the hobby at all, but I agree with you on the times. The fact that when you complete the hobby, you only get 3 LPs is a little shocking. It should be worth 5, 6 LPs. Same goes for the Aerobics hobby - 2 measly LPs after all that exercising?! That's ridiculous.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

The times in the woodworking hobby are another example of the game company getting stingy. They used to be either the same or close to the same times used in fashion design. In fact, there was a time when the lowest time on both of these was four minutes. I think that was also true of diving as well. Back before the cooking hobby, I used to have a hobby hour each evening with those three hobbies and ghost hunting going constantly. It was just enough time to go from house to house without having to wait for anyone to finish. Hobbies were fun in those days.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

simsally wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 17:17 They sprung country homestead on us back in October without listing it on the schedule too. Maybe they don't want to give us advance notice on woodworking since we all hate it so much. I would rather the prizes from this then aerobics... I still hadn't figured out what version 3 was and if I had done it or not anyways. But I am dreading having to touch the woodworking benches again.
that would be highly logical! :D
are there different prizes for the aerobics hobby?? i had thought it was always clothes! (not that i've so far managed to collect all of them.. so maybe it's something i'm yet to discover ^^)
3luv4eva3 wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 21:37 I don't mind the hobby at all, but I agree with you on the times. The fact that when you complete the hobby, you only get 3 LPs is a little shocking. It should be worth 5, 6 LPs. Same goes for the Aerobics hobby - 2 measly LPs after all that exercising?! That's ridiculous.
absolutetly agree, we should get at least 6 LP after suffering through a woodworking hobby with all the repeats and unbearable times!
telemwill wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 00:29 The times in the woodworking hobby are another example of the game company getting stingy. They used to be either the same or close to the same times used in fashion design. In fact, there was a time when the lowest time on both of these was four minutes. I think that was also true of diving as well. Back before the cooking hobby, I used to have a hobby hour each evening with those three hobbies and ghost hunting going constantly. It was just enough time to go from house to house without having to wait for anyone to finish. Hobbies were fun in those days.

Ruth
can hardly believe that! 4 mminutes?! in woodworking?? hollllllllyy ...!??! they truly have strayed away from the lord's light. :roll:
your hobby hour from the good old days sounds like some sort of a dream honestly i mean... *laughs hysterically*
they company has REALLy strayed, badly. i hope it's not gonna get any worse. :S
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
fabreeze63
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by fabreeze63 »

Does anyone know if this update came with a change to the way the social point quests work? I haven't been playing very long, and I didn't do many of the SP quests before I got stuck on one I couldn't complete in the default neighboring town (no facebook), but I thought that each task on SP quest line rewarded SPs? Well I finally skipped the task that I was stuck on, and it was replaced with one that only rewards XP, no SP. I quickly completed the task and was then given ANOTHER task that I can't complete in the default town!

So I'm wondering, 1) was it changed to give XP for certain tasks instead of SP, or was I just misremembering about getting sp every time? And 2) can you actually complete a majority of the tasks in the default town, or should i just give up on the social tasks since I don't have facebook? I'm not really willing to trade 10 LP for 1 SP if I have to skip every time.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

fabreeze63 wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 15:15 Does anyone know if this update came with a change to the way the social point quests work? I haven't been playing very long, and I didn't do many of the SP quests before I got stuck on one I couldn't complete in the default neighboring town (no facebook), but I thought that each task on SP quest line rewarded SPs? Well I finally skipped the task that I was stuck on, and it was replaced with one that only rewards XP, no SP. I quickly completed the task and was then given ANOTHER task that I can't complete in the default town!

So I'm wondering, 1) was it changed to give XP for certain tasks instead of SP, or was I just misremembering about getting sp every time? And 2) can you actually complete a majority of the tasks in the default town, or should i just give up on the social tasks since I don't have facebook? I'm not really willing to trade 10 LP for 1 SP if I have to skip every time.
1) There have always been tasks that don't give SP, especially the shorter ones.
2) You won't get far with the default town because it lacks many items needed for tasks. There is a sequence of about 60 different tasks that keeps being repeated, so you would not be able to avoid skipping tasks for long.

As an alternative to completing tasks in a neighbor's town you could use the SP flower. It takes 20 LP for a spin. The result depends on your luck (minimum is 3 SP), but you can use the info button to see what your chances are. The SP flower can be planted on any garden patch. I prefer the flower to social tasks because those would prevent me from saving my game to the cloud for up to 24 hours.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I presume this means the Aerobics hobby has been replaced with this one? Aerobics hobby was supposed to start tomorrow...
Attachments
IMG_1563.PNG

3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Urban Furniture event has started for me. The Groovers 'N' Movers Aerobics hobby event as appeared as a Player Favourite Event so we can chose to do it concurrently with the Woodworking event.

RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Yes and I have 20 of my sims starting on both. So down to my older sims working away and a few others doing there thing for 7-8 days woot.