Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

Post by mockingbird288z »

garishplum wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 10:47 I got a concrete urn fountain as a prize. I am not sure if this is new. I rarely pay attention to the events because it is usually reruns.
It's new. :D
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 22:15
garishplum wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 10:47 I got a concrete urn fountain as a prize. I am not sure if this is new. I rarely pay attention to the events because it is usually reruns.
I searched my inventory for this I couldn't believe it was something different. What's going on? I'm inspired to put a bit of effort into this one :D
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

Simbellini wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 23:22
mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 22:15
I searched my inventory for this I couldn't believe it was something different. What's going on? I'm inspired to put a bit of effort into this one :D
I honestly had stopped sending my sims to work. I knew that I would regret it!
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I'm having a really hard time with this event. My level 10 nurse just WILL NOT complete the ward task "look at charts". Ticket submitted, replies exchanged, no resolution. I've decided, going forward, to only send to work my level 10 Doctor and a level 3 non-specialized intern, thus avoiding that task altogether. Next time I actually want to do an MP event, I'll try my studio crew instead (usually use the cops).
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

simmare wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 02:48 I'm having a really hard time with this event. My level 10 nurse just WILL NOT complete the ward task "look at charts". Ticket submitted, replies exchanged, no resolution. I've decided, going forward, to only send to work my level 10 Doctor and a level 3 non-specialized intern, thus avoiding that task altogether. Next time I actually want to do an MP event, I'll try my studio crew instead (usually use the cops).
That’s too bad. I usually use non specialized sims for market events. The ‘newer’ they are to the profession the better. This is because non specialized sims have shorter tasks and lower level sims have a higher chance of getting NPCs with one or two tasks. This means that I have a higher turnover of NPCs visiting my professional work places and therefore a greater chance of getting a courier earlier than when I work with specialized sims. Of course sometimes it takes an hour or so to complete the work shift quotas and this is usually before the courier arrives😂. You win some, you lose some. As a consolation, at least I would have increased my inventory with the ‘collectibles’ I get for completing the work shift quota.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I hate having to pay closer attention to the marketplace slots since I don't remember this from before they stopped rewarding anything new. Some of the orders not only cost resources but also a low amount of social points. I didn't notice and lost 3 SP. I was watching more closely and had to skip another order because they wanted 5 SP.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
mockingbird288z

nikigunn wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 08:19 I hate having to pay closer attention to the marketplace slots since I don't remember this from before they stopped rewarding anything new. Some of the orders not only cost resources but also a low amount of social points. I didn't notice and lost 3 SP. I was watching more closely and had to skip another order because they wanted 5 SP.
I've not had any that asked specifically for SP but rather, I could pay SP for the missing resources I didn't have. For example, an order is asking for 2 golden statue thingies but I only have 1. I could either do a shift at the movie studio and hope to get some or pay some SP to get a golden statue and complete the order.
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

That's probably it. I haven't done one of these in so long because I hit the resource limit at all three. I wasn't looking at that.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
mockingbird288z

We get one urn fountain for free and subsequent ones cost §325,000. Takes up 9 squares (3x3).
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

Finally completed the event. It's too bad that it can't be placed indoors, but i still love the fountain. It's a welcome addition to the collection of fountains we have in the game.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View