Dance Instructor Career Quest

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
mockingbird288z

Dance Instructor Career Quest

Post by mockingbird288z »

This quest unlocks the new dance career. It is like the Space career quest in that you have to do a small intro quest to actually start the main 19-part quest. It should start around 10:00am your time zone on the 12th.

Intro - 3 day time limit on this part
Complete the Dance Magic event - 1 hour

Main Quest - 4 day time limit on this part
1. Tap on a floor mirror for a prep talk - 5 seconds
2. Tap on a sofa or love seat to "Watch Plumbob Pirouette Pyramid tutorials" - 5 seconds
3. Tap on 3 sims to discuss favorite movie - 5 seconds each
4. Complete 3 Relationship/Family events
5. Give out 4 stickers (previously given stickers don't count so make sure you still have 4 left to give)
6. Complete the Dance Magic event - 8 hours
7. Earn 650 simoleons
8. Change your sim's appearance
9. Complete 3 Career or Hobby events
10. Complete a set of LlamaZoom tasks
11. Complete the Sequined Dreams event - 8 hours
12. Complete a set of LlamaZoom tasks
13. Complete the Sprained Egos event - 8 hours
14. Complete a set of LlamaZoom tasks
15. Complete the Dance Magic event
16. Complete a set of LlamaZoom tasks
17. Complete the Sequined Dreams event - 8 hours
18. Complete a set of LlamaZoom tasks
19. Complete the "Sprained Egos" event - 8 hours
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Dance Magic Career Quest

Post by SKatF »

I still get confused. These events/quests unlock the hobby or career. In this case career. But do we still need the heirloom to do it?

Because the heirloom is now for sale in a bundle in my store. Or is the bundle a way that people who can't or don't want to finish the quest can still get it? And you don't really need it to do the career if you finish the quest because it will give you the heirloom.
Attachments
20180913_143749.jpg
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 18:40 I still get confused. These events/quests unlock the hobby or career. In this case career. But do we still need the heirloom to do it?

Because the heirloom is now for sale in a bundle in my store. Or is the bundle a way that people who can't or don't want to finish the quest can still get it? And you don't really need it to do the career if you finish the quest because it will give you the heirloom.
These quests unlock the hobbies/careers. In finishing the quest you are rewarded with the heirloom which unlocks the career/hobby for you.

They sell the bundle with the heirloom in the store for real money for the reason you said - for the people who can't or don't want to do a quest to unlock the career/hobby. For example with the space career quest we all had that bundle in the store that sold the heirloom. But once I completed the quest that bundle was replaced with a bundle that sold items that complemented the space career.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 19:13
SKatF wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 18:40 I still get confused. These events/quests unlock the hobby or career. In this case career. But do we still need the heirloom to do it?

These quests unlock the hobbies/careers. In finishing the quest you are rewarded with the heirloom which unlocks the career/hobby for you.

They sell the bundle with the heirloom in the store for real money for the reason you said - for the people who can't or don't want to do a quest to unlock the career/hobby. For example with the space career quest we all had that bundle in the store that sold the heirloom. But once I completed the quest that bundle was replaced with a bundle that sold items that complemented the space career.
Thanks for clarifying it. It's almost like they're trying to trick you into spending money needlessly, isn't it?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Anyone else having trouble with the llama zoom timer?

My next dance quest task is to complete a zoom task list. I set up my sims with long and standard tasks with 3 hours 15 minutes left before the zoom truck arrived and closed my game. 8 hours later, I returned to my game and there was still 3 hours 15 minutes left. The timer is now progressing normally, but it delayed my progress as I had to decide whether to not play for 3+ hours to take advantage of completing long tasks when they counted for zoom or to play and have to do long tasks over when they didn't fit into my RL schedule.

I did try closing and reopening game, restarting my phone, etc. but it did not correct the timer.
mockingbird288z

So far I haven’t had any trouble with the timer on the Llamazoom.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thank goodness only once so far.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Now that I finished and have the heirloom, the offer is for the outfits only for (way overpriced) simcash, not RL $.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180915-194535_The Sims.jpg