[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
SimmerDown
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Discovery Quest] A Bump-y Ride

Post by SimmerDown »

FYI, not sure when it changed but I just noticed that pregnant Sims can now use the singing salmon!
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I discovered something by accident about a couple of the tasks on the pregnant sims daily tasks. May already have been discovered as I haven’t read this whole thread. apologies if it’s repeating something already known.

set up a nightlight in the nursery : not only does this not have to be a nightlight, it can be any light anywhere but it can be done whilst the pregnant sim is doing another task.

Change wallpaper in the nursery : as above, it can be changing any walls in any room and can be done whilst the pregnant sim is on another task.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Madlyaddicted »

I’ve been doing this quest a few days now and wishing I hadn’t bothered. It’s costing so much money and I doubt I will get it finished in time so that will be wasted. How Important will that bonus be? It seems an awful lot of time and effort just to get a baby which we could get anyway. I wish I hadn’t already invested so much time and money on this game or I would delete it because I never get time to finish any task. 🙁
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Madlyaddicted wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 08:56 I’ve been doing this quest a few days now and wishing I hadn’t bothered. It’s costing so much money and I doubt I will get it finished in time so that will be wasted. How Important will that bonus be? It seems an awful lot of time and effort just to get a baby which we could get anyway. I wish I hadn’t already invested so much time and money on this game or I would delete it because I never get time to finish any task. 🙁
All you lose is the baby bonus for that particular baby. You can get the same baby bonus from any pregnancy event. But the doctor and yoga appointments always cost a ton of simoleons or LP's and you get one of those every day of a pregnancy event.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

copperwood wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 04:58
Madlyaddicted wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 08:56 I’ve been doing this quest a few days now and wishing I hadn’t bothered. It’s costing so much money and I doubt I will get it finished in time so that will be wasted. How Important will that bonus be? It seems an awful lot of time and effort just to get a baby which we could get anyway. I wish I hadn’t already invested so much time and money on this game or I would delete it because I never get time to finish any task. 🙁
All you lose is the baby bonus for that particular baby. You can get the same baby bonus from any pregnancy event. But the doctor and yoga appointments always cost a ton of simoleons or LP's and you get one of those every day of a pregnancy event.
Doing the pregnancies is ridiculously expensive for what you get. Took me four to get the furniture which was all I wanted. My 'babies' are now at toddler or pre-teen stage but I for one am not thrilled yet with what the bonus actually gives you vs the disruption of having to delete a sim each time and having to grow the new ones on etc etc
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

i like the bonus babies as toddles because they don't have to be constatly inspired (i absolutetly hate insipiring toddlers, it takes forever and it doesn't last much), they're just ... y'know, bumbling about, permanently okay. ready to do any hobbies i want them to do. ^_^
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

randy_thrandy wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 12:30 i like the bonus babies as toddles because they don't have to be constatly inspired (i absolutetly hate insipiring toddlers, it takes forever and it doesn't last much), they're just ... y'know, bumbling about, permanently okay. ready to do any hobbies i want them to do. ^_^
Mine aren't allowed to bumble :lol: they all have to earn their keep! Not sure whether it's worth keeping my admittedly cute toddler for weekly tasks. My original plan - to age four up and have them use their boundless energy on endless aerobics - was all about filthy LP lucre :twisted:
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

Does anyone know if you still need up to 13 Sims for some tasks or if they've changed that with the Beautiful Backyard (Nov 2018) update?
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
SimmerDown
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimmerDown »

CatharinaSophia wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 10:23 Does anyone know if you still need up to 13 Sims for some tasks or if they've changed that with the Beautiful Backyard (Nov 2018) update?
Yes, I am doing this for the first time in one of my games, and 13 has been the max needed at one time.
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

SimmerDown wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 12:06
CatharinaSophia wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 10:23 Does anyone know if you still need up to 13 Sims for some tasks or if they've changed that with the Beautiful Backyard (Nov 2018) update?
Yes, I am doing this for the first time in one of my games, and 13 has been the max needed at one time.
Huhghhh, that's so many Sims :(
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?