The Simwich Cuckoos

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: The Simwich Cuckoos

Post by Simbellini »

Part 6 - Simwich speed

There was one Simwicher who made me feel uncomfortable. She was called Blaize Ashman and was the Police Commissioner's wife. She was a top ranking police detective herself but I hadn't committed a crime I told myself. So when I would catch her looking at me oddly why did it un-nerve me? She'd smile and look away but I knew she had something on her mind.

In all the excitement surrounding the coming birth I forgot all about Blaize and her strange glances. I seemed to have an endless list of tasks I felt I had to complete every day and I just couldn't even switch a light on let alone do any cooking or laundry. I spent a lot of my time spending my savings on nursery furniture. I didn't bother with anything but basic pregnancy clothes as at the rate my pregnancy was going I wouldn't have time to wear them.

It seemed to be speeding by not in months or weeks but in days.

The Simwichers joked
" That's Simwich speed and just the way things are around here. Plants grow - woosh! There's a vacant lot and then - woosh! Three days later a fancy house appears - and we don't even see the builders!" And they would all split their sides laughing.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 7 - Doral's debut

When my baby was born I called her Doral. Doral Florida just seemed right somehow. Of course she was a wonderful baby. I wouldn't say she seemed gifted but she was always sparkly and happy even when she needed food or changing.

As soon as I was over the birth I was able to do things like everyone else. No more special tasks. Everyone was thrilled and they all helped with the baby-care - everyone except Blaize that was. She kept her distance. She congratulated me and looked down at Doral in her cot.

"Mmmm special baby" she said "child of the future".

Which seemed a bit odd but I thanked her. So I was surprised the next day when I received an invitation. It was from Blaize. It was an invitation to visit her impressive mansion near the lighthouse for afternoon tea.

Dover agreed to babysit and drove me over in her snazzy red sedan. She teased me "Ohh! Going up in the world - get her to give you the grand tour while you're there".

Blaize was very welcoming and we had tea in her spacious sitting room with its enormous u-shaped white couch. She served tea in an antique tea set which I admired and she laughed and said it was nearly as old as she was. As I was admiring the portraits on her walls, one caught my eye. It was Blaize. 'Oh that was many years ago just after I married" she said.

"But you look exactly the same" I exclaimed "you've not aged a day". She laughed and said "you're very kind - it must be the sea air".
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 8 - the gift that keeps giving

Then Blaize gave me that look again. "You know yours is the third gifted baby to be born in the town?" I laughed nervously "Oh I'm not sure she's gifted..." But she continued insistently in a lowered voice "your aunt was only one of several who have disappeared."

I was completely taken aback. It was the first time anyone had referred so directly to my aunt's disappearance so I didn't laugh again after that.

She continued in the same hushed voice with an urgency which made me think she must be expecting her husband, the commissioner to return and didn't want him to hear her as there was no-one else around. I thought she might be playing some strange prank but I could see she was deadly serious.

"The first to go ... or be taken was a young man. He was a loner - hard-working like everyone else here" and she seemed to give a bitter little laugh. "He was a talented musician but he joined in with things we all like to do - like cooking and aerobics". I shifted uneasily in my seat and swallowed hard wondering what was to come. " He didn't have any relationships or friends though so when he vanished everyone thought he must have found work in another town.

I remember the day he went very clearly because that was when the first pregnancy happened. It was quite a surprise to everyone because no-one could remember when the last baby was born here. Some wondered if he had been involved and that was why he left. She was an unmarried woman just like you are" and she gave me that look again.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 9 - deja vu babies

"Then after that" Blaize continued "there were more - your aunt and a young pre-teen girl." As I looked shocked she added "yes we were all traumatized by that. She was a keen diver and spent every day in her family's pool and then she just wasn't there anymore.

But another baby was born - a boy. The first - a baby girl - was a toddler by this time and it was obvious that she was a different sort of child. She had a special sparkle - always enthusiastic about everything - she never tried.

The I thought of my ever-happy Doral.

As if she read my mind she said "Just as your child will be" and before I could respond she continued "the thing is" and she paused "after the second baby was born..."She was obviously struggling to find her words. "Well the mother was a newcomer - like you."

I was beginning to think it was just that she didn't approve of single mums and she was going to tell me to get out of town. But then I realized that wasn't it and she was going to tell me something more shocking than what she had already told me and I wanted to get up and run out of the mansion.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 10 - the cuckoo theory

"We were all so pleased for her" said Blaize wistfully "and very helpful and supportive as you can imagine."
"Yes I can" I responded even though the room was spinning.
"But she had no real relationships and only one friend" Blaize added in a now strangely calm voice. "So when she too disappeared we were devastated."

Even though I couldn't breathe I gasped "and the baby?"

"Oh that's the worst thing - she left the baby behind - maybe the responsibility for such a special baby was too much for her..." and her voice trailed away.

"So you think" I forced myself to say "something bad happened to her?"

"Oh no" and she gave that bitter little laugh again "not bad in a criminal way. We have a very efficient police department here employing all the latest scientific techniques. My husband, the commissioner, oversaw the investigation. Nothing criminal has happened here."

Then she jumped up nearly knocking the tea set off the side table and almost screamed.
"Don't you see? They're cuckoos for all their special qualities. They're not like everyone else here. Babies never arrived like they do.

"They're like cuckoo's planted in a nest" and her voice rose and quivered. "Everyone here just says "Oh another wonderful baby" but they don't see the big picture. That first special child - well she's the pre-teen champion diver now and no-one mentions the one she replaced. We're all being pushed out and replaced. Is anyone safe?"
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 11 - the house beautiful

I was stunned. This was all to much to take in. Dover's former friend had gone - and left her baby. No wonder she couldn't tell me. I had to make some excuse to leave.

Blaize had gone to look out at the patio. She turned and suddenly the expression in her wild eyes faded away.

"Ah my dear what am I thinking. Would you like a tour of my home?" And she was once again the charming hostess.

I nodded, unable to speak.

"Lovely house..." I managed to mutter.

And it was - twin swimming pools and a gorgeous dining area overlooking the sea. She took me round showing me the pretty four poster beds 'villa style' she said. Her custom built shoe and bag cabinets were impressive.

"This is really what I wanted to show you" she said leading me into a room in the basement that was full of toys and baby stuff: beautiful cribs, baby bouncers, doll houses - everything you could ever want for your child.

"Oh have you got children?" I said feeling rude even in my shocked state that I hadn't asked.

She got that strange troubled look again. "Oh a long time ago" and she lead me out of the room. "I just wanted you to know anything you would like and it's yours."

"Oh that's really kind.." Then I felt my voice falter as I saw into another room where an eerie- looking door was ajar. A door and a room so unlike anything else in this sophisticated mansion - rough brick walls, concrete floor, work benches with lumps of clay and trays of beads and a strong smell of candle wax - and..and those darned hokey fish ornaments hanging everywhere!
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 12 - the dark secret

She followed my gaze but quickly moved to close the heavy door.

"Oh that's just a crafting room for use now and then" she said "groups come and make pottery and glass and ...It wouldn't interest you."

Her words hit me like a blow and I felt faint. "Did my aunt come here?"

She didn't answer but said "you look a little pale dear - perhaps I had better call your friend."

Something in the tone of her voice made me feel she was older than she looked - much much older.

That night after Dover brought me home I had trouble sleeping. It wasn't the baby she was as good as usual. All that Blaize had said kept whirling around in my head. I needed the Simwich PD but Blaize and her husband were the SPD.

Was she secretly involved in what was going on? Did she invent all that as a cover? And what went on in that basement - was it forced labour? Is that where the missing were - funding Blaize's lavish lifestyle? Is that what was so wrong about this town?

I must have fallen asleep eventuality because in a flash there I was back in that other town again. But this time I found myself somewhere familiar. I was outside my ex-boyfriend's house except it seemed really nightmarish now. There were two dragon statues which I didn't remember guarding the entrance door.

When I first met my ex he was spellbinding. With his green curly flat-top haircut and his intense golden eyes he had a strange power over me. He said he had plans for me to join him in something mysterious. He said with my scientific knowledge I would be useful to him.

I began to feel trapped and I refused to go down into his basement cellar - which was where he spent most of his time. I panicked and left my town and him behind.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 13 - ..is it Friday?

So why was I back there and against my better judgement feeling compelled to go in?

Inside the house was just as I remembered it - not impressive like Blaize's with it's troubling basement room - I shivered - but it was always impressively clean and tidy. Strangely I now thought - who did the cleaning? He always seemed too preoccupied to do it himself.

But then I thought I saw something down the basement stairs. It looked like one of those brooms that witches ride on. But this thing was scampering along as if it had legs. I suppressed a scream but then I laughed. It had looked like something from a Mickey Mouse film.

"Get a grip" I said to myself even in my dreamlike state.

Down the stairs there was nothing but a library - shelf after shelf of books. Then as I wandered around one stack of shelves suddenly swung open like a door. I nearly jumped out of my skin. What was obviously a secret candlelit passage appeared before me.

"Don't " I said to myself but of course I did. I crept along in the flickering light towards a far chamber that was being illuminated by flashes of strange coloured lights.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Friday the 13th - part 2

I reached the end of the passage and a great stone-lined vault lay before me. In the flickering light I saw countless brooms all running around. They seemed to freeze at my appearance but then continued their crazed dashing about.

At the far end surrounded by crystal balls and fire-pits was a man dressed in hooded medieval garb. He was studying a thick old volume on a stand and held in his hand a wand. What! A wizard?

As he wielded the wand there was a flash and things materialized before him. I was transfixed - and even more transfixed as he raised his golden eyes from his engrossing tome and locked them with mine.

Yes he was my ex-boyfriend! He peered at me in a strange way as if he couldn't see me clearly - as if I were the apparition.

Then my eye was caught by someone else in the corner of the chamber. It was a woman wearing a similar robe and equally engrossed in a similar volume on a stand. But in front of her was a glowing bubbling cauldron into which she was dropping strange-looking things from the jars nearby. But I didn't have the chance to see what because as she too raised her eyes to mine I felt my throat tighten.

I knew her. I knew her very well- it was me! My mouth wide with horror I turned and fled back up the corridor and I was still screaming "Nooo" when I awoke bolt upright in my bed.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

To everyone following this epic - thank you! I was hoping to finish it - nearly there. But I'll be away and unable to post for a few days. Just letting you know I haven't lost the plot - yet - I'll be back! :D