[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by SKatF »

copperwood wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 19:54 Your amount sounds about right compared to mine. I'm on the last day and finished the support tasks on day 7. My total so far is 36,050 and I'll get 2270 tokens for the last day which makes the total 38,320. I used simoleons for all appointments, so I didn't get the extra tokens. Maybe the 47,000 number is from the early access version of the update.
Do you get bonuses for every task you speed up with SP? Because in the videos I saw by early access users, the trial games came with a gazillion SP and they seemed to use SP for EVERY task for convenience of making their videos. Maybe that's why their token level was so high. If so, it accidentally created inflated expectations on what out return for time/resources invested would be for most players.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 23:28
copperwood wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 19:54 Your amount sounds about right compared to mine. I'm on the last day and finished the support tasks on day 7. My total so far is 36,050 and I'll get 2270 tokens for the last day which makes the total 38,320. I used simoleons for all appointments, so I didn't get the extra tokens. Maybe the 47,000 number is from the early access version of the update.
Do you get bonuses for every task you speed up with SP? Because in the videos I saw by early access users, the trial games came with a gazillion SP and they seemed to use SP for EVERY task for convenience of making their videos. Maybe that's why their token level was so high. If so, it accidentally created inflated expectations on what out return for time/resources invested would be for most players.
No, there's no bonus for speeding things up with SP. The only bonus maternity tokens are from using LP to pay for the Doctor's and Yoga Instructor's appointments.

The early access versions of the update have had different requirements for live events compared to the official release so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to have different amounts of maternity tokens.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

38,320 is what I got when I just sped through everything with SP. I also used simoleons for all appointments.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I finished it and got the baby bonus. I didn't have to take unusual measures to do it, but I did have to check into the game frequently during daylight hours. It was stressful enough that I will wait a bit before trying again. I was able to purchase the first set and unlock it's premium items. I was not able to finish purchasing those.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

i'm about to finish the first 9 day event myself and so far i've found the supporting tasks are manageable (without the use of SP!), provided you have enough sims avaliable. the pregnant sim tasks i'll have to speed the last one up with some SPs.
it is however p. stressful and time consuming to check in the game often enough to get all the tasks done. i've had to set daytime alarms and shit. i'm not entirely sure the superbaby is worth all the bother. :/

edit: oh my god my sim is just giving birth, i can't believe they actually made a short animation of .. .waht is that, contractions? jesus christ. i was worried the pregnant sim might explode and just ... sort of ... Thankfully enough i only got taken to the costumize-a-baby screen. sheesh. think i'm traumatized now and that's coming from a person who's seen real human give birth up and personal more than once. :shock:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I didn't finish so haven't got any of the furniture or the super baby. It was just too time consuming for me.
UnderCover Sim
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by UnderCover Sim »

Timer would be really useful but noticed if you click on the expectant sim's crib it gives you the remaining days/hours/minutes until bub's born. The hours & minutes are the time you have left to finish the daily goals. I'm not even half way through the quest yet so this might be helpful to others.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I finished. I figured out that if I plan well I can do all of the mom-to-be’s tasks, and as long as I get the proper number of people doing the support tasks, I think it’s doable. My problem was that I was constantly missing one or two sims from the support tasks because I either miscounted, got interrupted, a sim (or more) didn’t take a task, or a sim (or more) stopped doing a task. Once behind it was going to be expensive to catch up.

I think it’s worth doing again (or even a few times) to gain enough coins to buy the nursery and clothing options. But I’m not concerned with the baby bonus. In the future, I’ll likely take my time, and take whatever I get.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

I finished first pregnancy too. I managed to buy all furniture from the 1st set, all wallpapers and floors from the 2nd one, some from the 3rd one and still have 2300 tokens. Just in case - after finishing pregnancy event you still can buy things for tokens directly through maternity store on town map.

I finished all support tasks without problems but for future I think to create some "pregnancy house" with all the needed items (10 stoves, 5 fridges, 10 phones, table and 10 dining chairs etc) to make it easier. I didn't spend any SPs and I didn't wake up at night so it's doable. As for pregnant sim's tasks I didn't get even to the end of day 8. Maybe next time I'll do it better. I am not very excited with superbabies so maybe next time I'll do only support tasks because they bring more tokens than individual tasks.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I really appreciate all these tips and warnings as I think about whether I wany to do this quest.

I'm not clear about a couple things.

Is superbaby's only power that they get a small reduction in time to get things done? Otherwise (lifespan, earnings, hobby and career progress, etc) they are the same?

Is this quest like others, where once you complete all goals, you get superbaby and future babies are all super, also? Or does it unlock the superbaby possibility, but each 9 day pregnancy must meet the goal all over again?

If you miss the superbaby goal the first time, are you locked out forever, so like in some quests, if you miss the prize, you can never get it? Or do you get a new chance with each pregnancy you try?