All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Kids Party Community Challenges

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Thuraya wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 07:55
garishplum wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 04:55 I'm just glad they confirmed that SFP isn't going bye bye.
In my opinion they never really confirmed that. They just said "Freeplay stays!". But they could stop updating the current game and start building Sims Freeplay 2. In fact, their image of a measuring Sim in an empty room on Facebook could mean just that: "Happy news, we are going to build a whole new game from scratch for you."

I wish I could be less pessimistic.
You mean this picture? I mean sims mobile already exists, but they won't shut down sims freeplay if it still has an active playerbase. I think they were checking that with the community challenges. But, here is the plot twist, they weren't checking with the tasks people were doing (since they probably don't have a system with which they could check that) but with how many people bought the prizes in the store and that is why the prizes were in the store and not just automatically added to the home store. Maybe that is why they ended the last challenge earlier, to see how many people will notice that or maybe that is verging on a conspiracy theory :lol:
Attachments
35078662_1754328264602466_1121810835983826944_o.jpg
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 12:14
Thuraya wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 07:55 […]
In my opinion they never really confirmed that. They just said "Freeplay stays!". But they could stop updating the current game and start building Sims Freeplay 2. In fact, their image of a measuring Sim in an empty room on Facebook could mean just that: "Happy news, we are going to build a whole new game from scratch for you."

You mean this picture? I mean sims mobile already exists, but they won't shut down sims freeplay if it still has an active playerbase. I think they were checking that with the community challenges. But, here is the plot twist, they weren't checking with the tasks people were doing (since they probably don't have a system with which they could check that) but with how many people bought the prizes in the store and that is why the prizes were in the store and not just automatically added to the home store. Maybe that is why they ended the last challenge earlier, to see how many people will notice that or maybe that is verging on a conspiracy theory :lol:
I think it's about the post "Happy news, not sad news. Freeplay stays!"
Screenshot sfp
Screenshot sfp
Sims FreePlay is close to the 7th anniversary. For the 5th one they posted lots of statistics.
Screenshot sfp - anniversary
Screenshot sfp - anniversary
This link should lead to the related pictures in their photos. EA/Firemonkeys are able to take statistics of several years. I'm sure they don't need three challenges to take statistics of the past few weeks or months.

I'm really curious, but I don't dare to be too optimistic :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 12:14
Thuraya wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 07:55
garishplum wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 04:55 I'm just glad they confirmed that SFP isn't going bye bye.

Guy measuring undecorated room ... new room design is my guess. They seem to be working on home design lately with indoor balconies and all. Maybe L shaped rooms or whatever.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 21:14
Guy measuring undecorated room ... new room design is my guess. They seem to be working on home design lately with indoor balconies and all. Maybe L shaped rooms or whatever.
This is what I was thinking - the L shaped rooms. That's been something that has been asked for since practically the beginning. Lots of other games do live videos periodically to announce upcoming features. Maybe FreePlay is just trying to keep up with the Joneses in that regard.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by alsie27 »

I don’t see why they would make a totally new game because there’s already Sims Mobile and that’s recent (in my opinion it was a boring game, I got tired of it in a few weeks. Even more tedious than this one at its worst, I didn’t feel like it was going anywhere). I do hope they won’t stop updates on this one though. If the announcement is any new update, that’s fine, I’m sure I can deal with it. Got used to death and all!
mockingbird288z

Re: Live Video Announcement

They've posted another hint:

Moving boxes, a new type of chair with ottoman, and a new rug. New wallpaper, too? I can't remember and maybe new flooring.
35292337_1756968211005138_5628794674245271552_n.jpg
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

It must have something to do with a new build feature, maybe it is L shaped/differently configured rooms after all. That would be exciting.

Perhaps it is something that requires such a change to how build mode works that they feel the need to explain it to us. Because if it were L-shaped rooms I'm not sure how they would achieve it. Could individual walls be demolished? Do we lay rooms so they intersect, like with the pools? I can't quite imagine it.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

I always figured if they added L-shaped rooms it would be like it is for pools. It wouldn't be a perfect system and there would be limitations but I would be better than what we have now.

I can see an overhaul of the build menu or a new (big) feature could warrant a video announcement. Whatever it is I don't see the point in worrying about it until we know. May turn out to be there's nothing to worry about anyway.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I hope it is quite build feature remodel. I would especially like to be able to build and place furniture in some sort of preview mode. And then only be charged, when I click on finish.

I also would love L-shaped rooms of course!

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

(trying to be optimistic)

This new picture could be a preview for our next update including new furniture, new rugs and new wallpaper.

(being pessimistic again)

It could also be a subtle hint for our Sims moving into a completely new environment, again a new game. The depicted furniture could be the first models of furniture there, not meant for our current games.

Just saying, all these pictures can be interpreted differently. Most people here and on Facebook tend to favor the first interpretation. Understandably, because my one is horrible.

Regarding the opinions saying Sims Freeplay cannot be shut down because it is so successful: it may not be an easy decision for them, it could just be for technical reasons. People ask for new features, all the time, and they cannot provide them because it may not be possible to squeeze any new features into the old code without making the app (even more) unstable. So they may have decided to start from scratch to be able to finally give people the features they wish for. Without any new features they will lose a lot of players sooner or later anyway. So they try to convince their players now to move with them to a new game.

This game would probably not start at once, perhaps next year. But they have to announce it now to make people understand they won't update our current game in the future. They could have done this even earlier and put it on hold for the release of Sims Mobile. This way the releases would be about one year apart.

EA is known for replacing successful games with new versions: Sims 4 (!) anyone?

Disclaimer: I don't have any knowledge about the content of the upcoming announcement. I am only less optimistic than most players. :? :cry:
I would be the happiest person of all of you if my interpretation was proven wrong.