World of Luxury Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: World of Luxury Event

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 May 2018, 00:09 We all know how the events that reward 45 simoleons (and the equivalent for relationships) when your in the lower levels of hobbies and careers take less energy to speed up but they still get the same amount of deluxe coins as the 112 simoleons events. Has anyone considered spending the simoleons to switch hobbies and careers to get those "lesser level" events just to get more deluxe coins? I'm debating trying it and wondering what your guys' thoughts are.
Right now, I'm so broke after clearing land (more than $13,000 for one square) that I need to work at the higher level. Especially since you don't always get the luxury coins when completing a work shift.

But it's something to consider, for hobbies or maybe starting some new relationships.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

If you don't usually watch ads after finishing work for the bonuses, you might want to reconsider during events. I just got bonus luxury coins for watching an ad.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 18 May 2018, 00:51
mockingbird288z wrote: 18 May 2018, 00:09 We all know how the events that reward 45 simoleons (and the equivalent for relationships) when your in the lower levels of hobbies and careers take less energy to speed up but they still get the same amount of deluxe coins as the 112 simoleons events. Has anyone considered spending the simoleons to switch hobbies and careers to get those "lesser level" events just to get more deluxe coins? I'm debating trying it and wondering what your guys' thoughts are.
Right now, I'm so broke after clearing land (more than $13,000 for one square) that I need to work at the higher level. Especially since you don't always get the luxury coins when completing a work shift.

But it's something to consider, for hobbies or maybe starting some new relationships.
Since I stopped caring about increasing my lifestyle and only buy things to complete the to do list every day I think I'm going to give this a try. At least change the career for two sims and see how it goes.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

Anyone having trouble with tapping the couch? Keep tapping it and just get "relax" and "chat with".
mockingbird288z

BlacKat wrote: 18 May 2018, 01:17 Anyone having trouble with tapping the couch? Keep tapping it and just get "relax" and "chat with".
I haven't but I've seen three people have posted about this issue on Reddit. No solution, though. I would try force closing the game and opening it back up and trying all your sims. Then I would contact customer support. Also maybe try putting the couch into inventory and placing it again.
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

Worked after a forcing a close a few times. Gotta love bugs lol
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 May 2018, 03:15 1. Spread the word about the World of Luxury Event (action between sim friends)
2. Complete a Tasteful Tea Tasting event
3. Take Little Luxuries Tea Set out of storage and place it at Home
4. Use the Little Luxuries Tea Set to share your tea knowledge
5. Complete a Luxurious Leisure event
6. Tap the sofa and consider your home decor
7. Attend one Foodie, Concert, or Studio Party (returning to a party also counts)
8. Complete a Luxurious Leisure event
9. Complete your To Do List
10. Complete a Spice-it-Up Cooking Class event
11. Complete your To Do List
12. Complete a Luxurious Leisure event
13. Complete Friendly Insights event
14. Collect 1700 more deluxe coins (counter only starts once you get to this task).
The complete task list is in the opening post.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Bubble Blower Event

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 May 2018, 23:10
Simsaddict456 wrote: 17 May 2018, 22:15
I think bubble blower is the biggest prize, and it is also the namesake of the event :)
Yep! The "Luxurious Bubble Bar" is the big prize for this event. Although, like with the Hot Tub, I'm sure we'll need (at least) some of the other furniture to unlock all of the actions in the bubble bar.
Well, at least in the preview pictures, the bubble bar looks a lot like a hooka used to smoke tobacco or (ahem) other dried plants. And the look on the face of the sim with the hooka (oops bubble bar) doesn't look too sober. But maybe when I see it clearly, it will not give the same impression.
mockingbird288z

Re: Bubble Blower Event

SKatF wrote: 18 May 2018, 03:37
mockingbird288z wrote: 17 May 2018, 23:10
Simsaddict456 wrote: 17 May 2018, 22:15
I think bubble blower is the biggest prize, and it is also the namesake of the event :)
Yep! The "Luxurious Bubble Bar" is the big prize for this event. Although, like with the Hot Tub, I'm sure we'll need (at least) some of the other furniture to unlock all of the actions in the bubble bar.
Well, at least in the preview pictures, the bubble bar looks a lot like a hooka used to smoke tobacco or (ahem) other dried plants. And the look on the face of the sim with the hooka (oops bubble bar) doesn't look too sober. But maybe when I see it clearly, it will not give the same impression.
I think it's definitely supposed to be a hookah and the design of all the items in the event also go along with it being a hookah. I just figured they're calling it a "bubble bar" to stick with the 12+ age rating.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I have the feeling that this will be yet another event where I won't get the main prize...