Chef/restaurant career

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Chef/restaurant career

Post by SKatF »

Some things annoy me about this career. Maybe I missed something and someone else has figured it out.

One thing is there is a nice outdoor area but you can't place a table there. Not only is there no tables to buy in the store, but the existing tables can't be moved outside. Hoever, if you place a chair there, a sim will spontaneously eat there on an invisible table.
Screenshot_2018-04-05-10-55-51-1-1.png
Another is that gaining stars to progress in event can be a two step process. That is, cook the food (costs energy), it goes into inventory and no stars earned, then serve the food (no energy used) to earn the stars. But quite often I have cooked food in inventory but no bubbles will come up to allow me to serve it, even though there are diners sitting there. And if you have food left in inventory when a shift ends, it disappears. Which means if you go on with non cooking options like cleaning counters, you wasted the energy you spent cooking, as you never redeemed for the progress stars.
Screenshot_2018-04-05-10-55-51-1-1.png[/attachment]
Attachments
10 cooked items in inventory, but can't serve any of them.
10 cooked items in inventory, but can't serve any of them.
mockingbird288z

Re: Chef/restaurant career

Post by mockingbird288z »

I also can't place tables outside but I just thought it was funny that sims would eat with the floating plate. :lol:

For the actions where you cook food - I just always do 2-3 of those at a time which usually gets a risky action to come which are my favorite. Then once I do the risky action I serve the food which, most of the time, gets another risky action to come up.

I purposely tried saving up food items once and was disappointed to find they disappear after a shift is over. That would be really cool if they were stored across shifts.

A few times I've had to wait for the serve option to come up but I've never run into a situation like yours where it never showed. That's really frustrating.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

There are supposed to be tables outside! Sounds like a bug. Here's what my restaurant's terrace looks like:
Screenshot_20180407-104223.png
I also appreciate the "double handling" in the culinary and barista careers, because it contributes more to their confidence for risky actions, without using any extra energy. But I can see how it's an issue if the serving prompts aren't appearing. Perhaps they are supposed to be appearing on your missing/invisible outdoor tables!

The only trouble I have, is that the service prompts usually appear on tables that have no customers seated at them, so my chef looks like an absolute lunatic talking to himself.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 23:45 There are supposed to be tables outside! Sounds like a bug. Here's what my restaurant's terrace looks like:

Screenshot_20180407-104223.png

I also appreciate the "double handling" in the culinary and barista careers, because it contributes more to their confidence for risky actions, without using any extra energy. But I can see how it's an issue if the serving prompts aren't appearing. Perhaps they are supposed to be appearing on your missing/invisible outdoor tables!

The only trouble I have, is that the service prompts usually appear on tables that have no customers seated at them, so my chef looks like an absolute lunatic talking to himself.
So your store while at the restaurant offers tables?
mockingbird288z

We can't even place the existing tables outside. :(
30442835_2043870535871753_9146170016889044992_o.jpg

And there aren't any tables in the store. I don't see those pretty lights, either. Are these items that are unlocked at later levels, maybe?
This is all that is available to purchase for my restaurant:
30264622_2043870555871751_4868797458144034816_o.jpg
30440904_2043871452538328_402497787788263424_o.jpg

There aren't many items to add to any of the workplaces that I've unlocked. I wonder what else is missing.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

In my game the outdoor tables were already placed there to begin with. So were the lights. I didn't have to buy them.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

I wonder why they would choose to change that? That seems like such a silly thing to change.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I've learned for my game, when I don't get an option to serve the food in my inventory, if I can do an interaction with the stack of pans, it seems to trigger the option.