[LIVE EVENT] Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Post by Rosie »

Amathyse wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 00:26 Did anyone else just get 10 social points as a gift? I wonder if it has anything to do with this event being so difficult? (I have a spread sheet I use to track if I'm going to complete these events or not and this one seemed like a day shorter then other have been.)
I did get the 10 SP as a gift. Prior to that, I signed in to see if they were finished yet and I got a pop up I completely missed. I thought it said Sorry, time is up and I didn't get the last gift, but I have almost 2 days to finish the last one. That was odd. I must have misread the first popup message. :?: I have used some social points, almost 200, but I'll get this finished, surprisingly. I've been sick with the bad cold/cough though.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Yeah, I just got 10SP. It's a drop in the bucket though, with the 100s of SPs I need to speed up right now (and then to actually use the stuff we've unlocked!). I still have the chairs left to purchase. With 36 hours to go, most of the craft items seem manageable but I still need another 12000 glassware. It's gonna be real tight finishing this one.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 00:27 I just got a mini push update and then a pop up that said something about a gift to me and 10SPs were added.

And I haven't checked all of the prizes but some of the angled chairs now cost simoleons!!!!!!!! :D And the ones that still cost SPs don't cost as much.
So not all of the prices for the items have changed. And some switched from needing SPs/LPs to needing thousands of simoleons. I can't update the pics just yet but I've put down under each pic what the price change has been here.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I was worried when I first got the SP incase I'd purchased them by mistake! I didn't read the pop up properly, it said something about 10 SP being added to my account I think. But now I know everyone got the SP I won't worry! :lol:
I think it is fair of EA to be reducing the prices of things we've unlocked, they must have had complaints via Facebook for them to do this? Or maybe they've worked out that most people will not be able to use the items due to the cost and so changed it.
I am glad I've unlocked all the furniture stuff, except for the last two. I don't know if I will finish this event this time as I need loads of glassware.
I was really lucky with the CC spin this time as won 125 CC twice! So I'm alright for those, it's the glassware I need.
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by -Caz- »

Sims FreePlay posted on Twitter to confirm the 10 SP gift and price changes:
585B1274-A5CA-4EDC-AE41-7EC0F20B6D25.jpeg
636F0940-4230-4BE5-B5CE-75B41F0DA376.jpeg
I’m glad they listened to feedback and made the prices lower and some for simoleons - it’s a kick in the teeth when we grind away (or even have to spend LP/SP to complete the event) but then can’t afford the prizes.

I was already relieved we got one free of each item, I was pretty disappointed that we didn’t for the Snow Chalet quest.

I’m not going to have enough glassware but I got lucky on the Social Point Flower so I think I’ll use SP to finish.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I was also happy to get the 10 SP. I am struggling with glassware for the hairwashing station. I need about 14,000 more in 22 hours. Or to get down to an amount of SPs I'm willing to spend. 171 is a bit much for me. I might go 80 though, if I can get to that.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

telemwill wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 14:22 I was also happy to get the 10 SP. I am struggling with glassware for the hairwashing station. I need about 14,000 more in 22 hours. Or to get down to an amount of SPs I'm willing to spend. 171 is a bit much for me. I might go 80 though, if I can get to that.

Ruth
Good luck! Glassware was difficult for me too. I think you'll be able make it, I was in much the same situation as you yesterday and managed to pull it off with some time to spare.

Does anyone know what the ratio of collectables to SP actually is? I can never figure it out.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

contrarysims wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 02:09
telemwill wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 14:22 I was also happy to get the 10 SP. I am struggling with glassware for the hairwashing station. I need about 14,000 more in 22 hours. Or to get down to an amount of SPs I'm willing to spend. 171 is a bit much for me. I might go 80 though, if I can get to that.

Ruth
Good luck! Glassware was difficult for me too. I think you'll be able make it, I was in much the same situation as you yesterday and managed to pull it off with some time to spare.

Does anyone know what the ratio of collectables to SP actually is? I can never figure it out.
I have no idea. Honestly I quit the event after I got the male "frohawk" style. Most of the prizes seemed cool & unique, yet useless to me. My sims would never get the time to do so those things on a consistent basis :( I hope that they bring back the Fairy/Magic Kingdom or whatever that was called event and the Wedding Event because I missed both of those
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

I didn't get the 10 SP :/ but thankfully I completed it on time and even managed to restock all stations without using a single SP. Oh well, a free 10 SP would've been nice though!
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by -Caz- »

contrarysims wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 02:09 Does anyone know what the ratio of collectables to SP actually is? I can never figure it out.
I’ve just done some calculations as I’m not going to have enough glassware so wanted to know whether is would be cheaper to speed up actions or pay to get requirements...

It works out at 1SP per 80 glassware if I purchase the remaining resources.

If I speed up the 8.5hour option it works out at 1SP per 118 glassware. (This option gives the most per SP out of all the time variations) Obviously the cost is less and therefore even better after time has passed but this is based on completing instantly due to the deadline.

I’ve seen that construction coins are 1SP for 1CC but luckily I’ve got enough of those. Not sure about the other crafting items as I’d already met the requirements for those.

Going to have spent about 45SP on this event which isn’t too bad (and I managed to turn 20LP into 40SP on the flower!)