2017 Holidays - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

dee simmer wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 00:04 Hey guys

Did anyone else notice that if you tap on the the Sim Town Market Board in the professions they tell you when the next sim town market event will begin?
I moved your post to the Marketplace Events topic for this update. They only tell us if there's a very special marketplace event coming. Otherwise they don't warn us.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: 2017 Holidays - Marketplace Events

Post by simmare »

New one started for me with dapple reindeer as the grand prize. Candy canes, Christmas candles, candy canes, holiday lantern, candy canes, holiday fireplace are the intermediate prizes.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I got winter woolies in my second game. Would have preferred to unlock reindeer.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

copperwood wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 09:01 I got winter woolies in my second game. Would have preferred to unlock reindeer.
I got that too. First I thought nice, but it's 81,600 points in 6 days. In the two days I've gotten the delivery guy token once, so with 4 days to go I still need almost 70,000 points. I think unless today is different, then I'm just ignoring it. I don't need sweaters and coats that badly. Plus, the rest is stuff I don't care about (candy canes x 3) and got already got free with the quest. lame.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

Is this the correct thread for the Market event? I've been playing it since I need more coats & warm weather stuff, but I haven't done a marketplace event in awhile either. Does anyone know what exactly the Winter Woolies is? I've been playing everyday, so I will finish in time. I want more deer too. I have some extra LP's, so I may buy a couple more. I love the Reindeer.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 21:20 Is this the correct thread for the Market event? I've been playing it since I need more coats & warm weather stuff, but I haven't done a marketplace event in awhile either. Does anyone know what exactly the Winter Woolies is? I've been playing everyday, so I will finish in time. I want more deer too. I have some extra LP's, so I may buy a couple more. I love the Reindeer.
The Winter Woolies are what the prize was for Day 3 of the A Christmas Chill quest from 2015. Which is also what is in the Winter Clothing Mega Pack that shows up in the online store. (So according to FM it's worth $43. :roll:)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Amathyse wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 19:42
copperwood wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 09:01 I got winter woolies in my second game. Would have preferred to unlock reindeer.
I got that too. First I thought nice, but it's 81,600 points in 6 days. In the two days I've gotten the delivery guy token once, so with 4 days to go I still need almost 70,000 points. I think unless today is different, then I'm just ignoring it. I don't need sweaters and coats that badly. Plus, the rest is stuff I don't care about (candy canes x 3) and got already got free with the quest. lame.
I finished it. It really helps if you have all the boxes unlocked and your work places upgraded. My police station is at 86% and the movie studio at 36%. I won't build the hospital until my movie studio is built up a lot more.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

copperwood wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 02:30
Amathyse wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 19:42
I finished it. It really helps if you have all the boxes unlocked and your work places upgraded. My police station is at 86% and the movie studio at 36%. I won't build the hospital until my movie studio is built up a lot more.
I've been playing for awhile and after the death and life dreams was introduced I got mad at them and refused to spend any money to complete things in game, so I am not at this point unlocking those extra boxes. I also stopped playing when all the slave labor stuff got to be too much - You have to do these life dreams before your character ages, and you have to harvest these fruits or make these things to get these prizes, and you have to complete a new hobby, but it's weeks getting that last line filled. And now your character is going to get old and die while doing things I had no choice in (except not doing it at all). Nope, then my choice is not to play. After a year I started a new game and didn't complete the life dreams quest, problem solved. Most of these market places aren't bad, but this one seems to want lots of points (over 81000), and I've gotten the delivery token 3 times in 4 days, so it looks like they've made it so that I can't complete without spending actual cash. Which I don't have to spend even if I wanted to. So you're right, I could complete it, (I have completed others that wanted over 80000 pts). Ill put up with watching ads and waking up in the middle of the night to do a task, but they should be doable. A certain level of difficulty is fine, but I find it frustrating to try and fail because the cards are stacked against me. guess I'm feeling a bit ranty. sorry...
Mayor McCheese
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Marketplace Events

Post by Mayor McCheese »

This one is kicking me in the backside. Its been 2 days since I had a trade for one of the tokens show up.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

@Amathyse Do you know, that you can now reverse your sim to the beginning of their current age group for free? Unless you want to build the venues on the island, only one sim needs to die in the life dreams quest.

I rarely spend real money on the game. I'm vip 3 in my secondary game and vip 4 in my main one.