2017 Holidays Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
BeeHappy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by BeeHappy »

One thing I have noticed that is different for me is that I can now collect Town Revenue from the Sea Voyage Boat. I started playing only a few months ago so I wasn't here when the Community Events took place. Before this update, I'm pretty sure I did not have a countdown timer for the boat, but now I do. A few days ago, the town icon told me I had S/XP to collect, but I looked all around my town in all the usual places and couldn't find it until I looked around my houses and saw I could collect from the boat. Has anyone else had the same experience?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

BeeHappy wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 15:23 One thing I have noticed that is different for me is that I can now collect Town Revenue from the Sea Voyage Boat. I started playing only a few months ago so I wasn't here when the Community Events took place. Before this update, I'm pretty sure I did not have a countdown timer for the boat, but now I do. A few days ago, the town icon told me I had S/XP to collect, but I looked all around my town in all the usual places and couldn't find it until I looked around my houses and saw I could collect from the boat. Has anyone else had the same experience?
Yes :)
Sea Voyage Boat - On Halloween Update / On Holiday Update
Sea Voyage Boat - On Halloween Update / On Holiday Update

Some minutes ago I found a new male head at the create a sim menue.
Attachments
Head with Santa‘s beard
Head with Santa‘s beard
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 14:01
mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 07:00
SeekerDraconis wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 02:29 I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
I have to move any furniture away from the corner and then place windows. I can then move the furniture back with no problem but if the furniture is there to begin with the windows won't place.
I‘ve got the same problem like SeekerDraconis. I wanted to replace a patio with a glassrom, so I removed patio and furniture, built the room and placed the windows. It wasn‘t possible to place the windows next to each other on the corners :(
Oh, man. This is really annoying and I hope it wasn't done on purpose. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 18:37
SeekerDraconis wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 02:29 I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
I have to move any furniture away from the corner and then place windows. I can then move the furniture back with no problem but if the furniture is there to begin with the windows won't place.
I‘ve got the same problem like SeekerDraconis. I wanted to replace a patio with a glassrom, so I removed patio and furniture, built the room and placed the windows. It wasn‘t possible to place the windows next to each other on the corners :(
Oh, man. This is really annoying and I hope it was done on purpose. :(
I found a way around it!! :D If I use windows I had already placed on other walls of the house, those windows can be placed on a corner next to another window. But those windows had to have been on that other wall for a few minutes before I can place them next to another window on a corner. But at least it works! :)
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SeekerDraconis wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 23:10
mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 18:37
Oh, man. This is really annoying and I hope it was done on purpose. :(
I found a way around it!! :D If I use windows I had already placed on other walls of the house, those windows can be placed on a corner next to another window. But those windows had to have been on that other wall for a few minutes before I can place them next to another window on a corner. But at least it works! :)
That's good! So it's a glitch then and not done on purpose. That's a relief!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

chamilet wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 15:34
SKatF wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 06:53 Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
Is that a change this year? That hasn't been the case in the past.
I just (at around 2 am) got two prizes, the red wallpaper and a window. Which I think are yesterday's and today's prizes. I know I missed out earlier in the week. So I don't really know what is the usual thing now. I know for many things from EA, 2 am is my start time, so maybe that was it.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 07:54 There are red and green hats for adult sims, and black and green boots for adult female sims at the wardrobes.

55EAF492-7BDA-4B4F-AFB2-53E013321039.jpegADE8B7BC-4FC7-479B-B291-ADB65E1FBBEE.jpeg
I decided to change my Mrs. Santa from the pseudo-sexy complete outfit to somethin more suitable for cold weather. Something odd happened. When I put on a new top, her skirt become invisible, but her tights stayed.
Screenshot_2017-12-10-12-35-19.png
This remained when I returned her to the game.
Screenshot_2017-12-10-12-37-21-1.png
It almost worked when I tried a long top.
Screenshot_2017-12-10-12-38-35-1.png
But I decided to give her some black jeans.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

well in my opinion, mrs. santa look a lot sexier with her weirdly vanished private bits, should've kept her like that. she'd start a massive fashion trend, i guarantee it! :D not to mention that you can't have a tingly, frozen feeling in your thighs and butt if they're nonexistent! a real plus in these weather conditions [rn we've got such a heavy snow, i'm worried if i'll manage to get to uni in time tomorrow. :S that weather machine in sim town sure would come handy in real life as well]
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: 2017 Holidays - Marketplace Events

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

So, the first quest coming tomorrow?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 11:21 So, the first quest coming tomorrow?
I have moved your post to a more suitable topic. The opening post shows a schedule of when the quest and events are supposed to start. The quest is going to start tomorrow :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View