[DISCOVERY QUEST] Sims and the City

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] Sims and the City

Post by mockingbird288z »

tangerine wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 21:38 I'm trying to start this quest in my secondary game but I'm not getting an option to talk to Miss Direction. I just have a bubble that shows the description of the quest and the criteria, which I've met. Can you not do a live event and a discovery quest at the same time? I'm in the middle of the Wedding Belles event at the moment.
This is a known issue with the Sims and the City quest. Resetting the game and downloading your saved data from the cloud usually works to get the "Begin Quest" button to appear. Don't forget to upload your game to the cloud first!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 23:00 This is a known issue with the Sims and the City quest. Resetting the game and downloading your saved data from the cloud usually works to get the "Begin Quest" button to appear. Don't forget to upload your game to the cloud first!
Weird. I had to reinstall the game after the wedding belles update because it kept crashing. I'll try it again but after the current quest is over. I don't wanna mess that one up; the prizes for the wedding belles quest look really fun.

Thanks for the super fast reply. You're always so helpful to everyone. :)
Polaroid Sims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Polaroid Sims »

I finished the Sims town express quest about a day ago but the Miss Director is not turning up in the park. Do I have to start and finish the basements discovery quest first?
Also I downloaded my game on the 21 of June last year... Does that mean that I got the update with the Sims in the City quest or did it come later? (I have a Windows Phone)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Polaroid Sims wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 11:29 I finished the Sims town express quest about a day ago but the Miss Director is not turning up in the park. Do I have to start and finish the basements discovery quest first?
Also I downloaded my game on the 21 of June last year... Does that mean that I got the update with the Sims in the City quest or did it come later? (I have a Windows Phone)
The Day care update from April 2017 has been the last update with new content for windows phone users. Although if you downloaded the game in June, it‘s the Day care update. This discovery quest came out with the Penthouse update in June, so it was later.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Polaroid Sims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Polaroid Sims »

ErinPW wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 12:58
Polaroid Sims wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 11:29 I finished the Sims town express quest about a day ago but the Miss Director is not turning up in the park. Do I have to start and finish the basements discovery quest first?
The Day care update from April 2017 has been the last update with new content for windows phone users. Although if you downloaded the game in June, it‘s the Day care update. This discovery quest came out with the Penthouse update in June, so it was later.
Ah ok thankyou. That's so sad :( Kinda devastated that I won't be able to access the penthouses :cry: Ho well, I may be getting a new phone at the end of the year so crossed fingers I can join in the penthouse life then 8-)
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Polaroid Sims wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 14:20Ah ok thankyou. That's so sad :( Kinda devastated that I won't be able to access the penthouses :cry: Ho well, I may be getting a new phone at the end of the year so crossed fingers I can join in the penthouse life then 8-)
When changing phones be aware that you will have to start a completely new game on level 1. You won't be able to transfer the data of your current game to another phone because the only way to do that is using a Facebook account. This can be used to play the same game on Android and iOS devices because the SFP versions on these systems both allow for saving your game with a FB account. The SFP version on Windows phones does not allow for connecting via FB, so you cannot transfer your game anywhere else but to another Windows phone.

May-be you already knew this, I mention this just in case you didn't. I feel for all the players who had to choose between giving up on updates or having to start from the beginning.
Polaroid Sims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Polaroid Sims »

Thuraya wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 14:39
Polaroid Sims wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 14:20Ah ok thankyou. That's so sad :( Kinda devastated that I won't be able to access the penthouses :cry: Ho well, I may be getting a new phone at the end of the year so crossed fingers I can join in the penthouse life then 8-)
When changing phones be aware that you will have to start a completely new game on level 1. You won't be able to transfer the data of your current game to another phone because the only way to do that is using a Facebook account. This can be used to play the same game on Android and iOS devices because the SFP versions on these systems both allow for saving your game with a FB account. The SFP version on Windows phones does not allow for connecting via FB, so you cannot transfer your game anywhere else but to another Windows phone.

May-be you already knew this, I mention this just in case you didn't. I feel for all the players who had to choose between giving up on updates or having to start from the beginning.
Thankyou, I was aware that I would lose my current game which I'm slightly terrified of but I'll be able to progress and do better on a new phone as my current one does not allow me to visit neighbours or get updates and so on... I'll probably end up keeping my current phone just to save my current game cause I'm so bloomin' sentimental :lol:
Thankyou for letting me know anyhow :)