[Pics] Pre-made House

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Question in regards to building houses on the island

Post by PyroSpazz »

Is it possible to build houses with the "beachfront" and "Japanese" surroundings on the island, or will these types of homes default to the dirt road style if built there? I thought it would be worth asking before risking the simoleons. Just unlocked multi-story renovations and working on the Balconies quest, have some strong ideas to work with, but realized quickly how expensive mistakes are at this stage of the game. :/
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Question in regards to building houses on the island

Post by copperwood »

PyroSpazz wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 14:57 Is it possible to build houses with the "beachfront" and "Japanese" surroundings on the island, or will these types of homes default to the dirt road style if built there? I thought it would be worth asking before risking the simoleons. Just unlocked multi-story renovations and working on the Balconies quest, have some strong ideas to work with, but realized quickly how expensive mistakes are at this stage of the game. :/
Best advice: Save to the cloud before building and major renovations. If you don't like the result, reset and download your save. This will save you from costly mistakes.

I just finished the balcony quest on my second game a few minutes ago. :D Now waiting for Bree to show up again for the basement one.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Good advice as long as you have two devices to do it with.

Japanese retreat, yes; beachfront no.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

PyroSpazz wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 14:57 Is it possible to build houses with the "beachfront" and "Japanese" surroundings on the island, or will these types of homes default to the dirt road style if built there? I thought it would be worth asking before risking the simoleons. Just unlocked multi-story renovations and working on the Balconies quest, have some strong ideas to work with, but realized quickly how expensive mistakes are at this stage of the game. :/
My island Japanese and beach front lots and others have unique fencing and yards just like the standard lots...not dirt or regular wood fencing.
Attachments
Cottage
Cottage
Japanese
Japanese
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

How did you get that second to last one? Cottage? Is it an event, an unlockable? I only just unlocked multistory renovations and am working on balconies. I was trying to figure how to get the standard beachfront lot for one of them, the kind you get for big plots on the mainland if you build an empty lot.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

PyroSpazz wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 22:05 How did you get that second to last one? Cottage? Is it an event, an unlockable? I only just unlocked multistory renovations and am working on balconies. I was trying to figure how to get the standard beachfront lot for one of them, the kind you get for big plots on the mainland if you build an empty lot.
The beachfront isn't available on standard lots...only premium.

The cottage is attainable from the Saved by the Spell Quest.
ErinPW

Re: [Pics] Pre-made House

Post by ErinPW »

Some templates keep their unique fencing, sidewalks, etc.when built on the island

For a while already:
Haunted House
Simtown Health Spa
Teen Idol Mansion

Since Holiday 2016 Update:
Gingerbread House
Japanese Retreat
Latin Villa
Neo Tokyo
Pro Skater's Dream Pad house
Wizard's Cottage

New with French Romantic Update:
French Chateau
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

PyroSpazz wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 22:05 How did you get that second to last one? Cottage? Is it an event, an unlockable? I only just unlocked multistory renovations and am working on balconies. I was trying to figure how to get the standard beachfront lot for one of them, the kind you get for big plots on the mainland if you build an empty lot.
I have moved your posts to the related topic. Moments ago I also posted a list of templates that keep their unique fence when built on the island.

We never get a beach view if we build houses like the Beachside Escape on the island.
iOS 17.4.1

Silvestris
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Silvestris »

So the Scandinavian house doesn't keep its unique fencing on the island?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Silvestris wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 14:45 So the Scandinavian house doesn't keep its unique fencing on the island?
Unfortunately not :(
iOS 17.4.1