[Discovery Quest] Pretty Little Planters

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
kwippo
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [Discovery Quest] Pretty Little Planters

Post by kwippo »

So I have done some calculations and the length of this quest is about 119 hours (well, 118m h, 50 m, 29 sec + tasks that are like 'go to the park').
There 168 hours in 7 days, which means we can be idle for only 49 hours (2 days + 1 hour) if we want this quest completed without using any lps.
If we say that an adult sleeps for about 8 hours a day, then during a week we sleep about 65 hours. Let's say we manage to start the very long tasks before we sleep, then we can be super efficient. But obviously that's BS. I didn't manage to stay awake for 1 more hour in order to start a 12 hours task. And also, what about life events (like work and school) which prevent us from playing the game?
In a way, me wanting to get every quest on time makes me feel like an addict.
I know for Fireonkeys planning a quest for 1 week helps them bring each week a different content to the game. But come on! I would totally be ok for the quest to not time limited. Heck, even a longer time limit would definitely be more than ok.
Then why? For making the players hooked? Making the quests almost impossible to achieve w/o using lps so it will increase the chances for the players to buy lps points?
I believe the latter cause is their goal, and the former is one way to bring them closer to that goal. It is a free game after all. Usually, making goals harder to achieve for players is very common with free games (especially harvesting games).
I don't think that Firemonkeys doesn't want us to have a fun experience and create a good game, it's just that, in the end, they have to make money in order for the game to be able to continue.
That doesn't stop me from complaining about this goddamn BS time limited quests.
HFN on west side, house no. 12. GH on east side, house no.1 .
I don't cheat, but I've played for over 4 years.
I accept neighbor requests, find me on FB (unfortunately, I can no longer play on an iOS device, so no GC).
LucyGross
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LucyGross »

Excellent post, Kwippo. I usually sink some LPs into quests and It is a major suck factor in the game. The quests are built to be too time-consuming. Lately, I've been using LPs when nearing completion just to save myself the stress of the clock. Stress? This is supposed to be fun! I really don't like that the fact that FireMonkeys build quests in ways that are negative to players, especially loyal ones. I do wonder how much money they make from the game, and it really irks me that the word "Free" is part of the title. It makes me think of the recent (or perhaps standard) Freeplay survey question "Why do you like the game?" Two of the options were "because it's addictive" and "because it's free." I probably am addicted and I try to manage that aspect of my personality. So, yeah, it's BS. TOTALLY.
My Sims are fully caffeinated. :twisted:
Haunted house is across from the Community Center (home of the white guy with black hair & a mustache).
HFN is the starter house.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

LucyGross wrote: I do wonder how much money they make from the game, and it really irks me that the word "Free" is part of the title.
Ha ha, yes! That's what prompted me to change/customize my avatar a long time ago. :lol:
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Do all of the new flowers show up at the end of this quest?
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I agree, kwippo! It's astonishing how much they charge and how little time we get for everything. Another rip-off update...
And the upcoming events look pretty bad too. Hobbying until your fingers and eyes hurt (and spent a ton of LPs).
First, 7 days for 7 fishing collections for 7 rug packs (22nd of September, if I'm not mistaken). It's crazy, the Mutant Fishes event was only 1 collection during 1 week! I don't know how they expect us to collect one whole collection per day! Even with 3 locations it's impossible.
And then again 7 days of the Survivalist Hobby, 7 collections for 7 Outdoors stuff items (6th of October, if I'm not mistaken).
I'm so fed-up with these time-limited (hobby) events.

PS. I forgot to add the other blogposts of the mall to the first post. Added now.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

Perturbee wrote:I agree, kwippo! It's astonishing how much they charge and how little time we get for everything. Another rip-off update...
And the upcoming events look pretty bad too. Hobbying until your fingers and eyes hurt (and spent a ton of LPs).
First, 7 days for 7 fishing collections for 7 rug packs (22nd of September, if I'm not mistaken). It's crazy, the Mutant Fishes event was only 1 collection during 1 week! I don't know how they expect us to collect one whole collection per day! Even with 3 locations it's impossible.
And then again 7 days of the Survivalist Hobby, 7 collections for 7 Outdoors stuff items (6th of October, if I'm not mistaken).
I'm so fed-up with these time-limited (hobby) events.

PS. I forgot to add the other blogposts of the mall to the first post. Added now.
This is crazy that were being told these are things we could have, then knowing it's impossible to accomplish. It's just not right. It'd be nice if they just gave us something once in awhile instead of setting us up to fail. :cry: I no longer even look forward to updates. The game is at a point where it's hardly fun anymore. Also like someone else pointed out, this is supposed to be a game, not a full time job! :evil:
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
LucyGross
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LucyGross »

The grid completion quests are probably their biggest cash cow. I sank a lot of LPs into the sleepwear quest. Luckily, I saved to the Cloud before starting that quest. When I felt buyer's remorse after spending all of those LPs, I was thrilled to revert to my last save in order to regain my lost LPs. It was like saying "Screw you, Firemonkeys, and to hell with your pajamas!"
Haunted house is across from the Community Center (home of the white guy with black hair & a mustache).
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

LucyGross wrote:The grid completion quests are probably their biggest cash cow. I sank a lot of LPs into the sleepwear quest. Luckily, I saved to the Cloud before starting that quest. When I felt buyer's remorse after spending all of those LPs, I was thrilled to revert to my last save in order to regain my lost LPs. It was like saying "Screw you, Firemonkeys, and to hell with your pajamas!"
Tbh, I miss the sleepwear. Took the time to get it--then accidentally overwrote the save game data with another version :cry:
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
LucyGross
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LucyGross »

lollipop369 wrote:
LucyGross wrote:The grid completion quests are probably their biggest cash cow. I sank a lot of LPs into the sleepwear quest. Luckily, I saved to the Cloud before starting that quest. When I felt buyer's remorse after spending all of those LPs, I was thrilled to revert to my last save in order to regain my lost LPs. It was like saying "Screw you, Firemonkeys, and to hell with your pajamas!"
Tbh, I miss the sleepwear. Took the time to get it--then accidentally overwrote the save game data with another version :cry:
Maybe they'll bring it back like they did with the long hair quest? I can do without the sleepwear. My sims don't sleep anyhow b/c they are fully caffeinated.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Well explained kwippo, it's absolutely crazy that we have to fill the grid SEVEN times in order to unlock content! Once would have been enough and quite enough work as well thanks Firemonkeys. They're getting beyond a joke now with these timed events that none of us have a hope of completing in time.
I'll just unlock whatever I can and not sweat over what I lose out on. I feel cheated already!