What type of life dreams will be fun the soonest?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

What type of life dreams will be fun the soonest?

Post by tigertigercait »

I'm finally through the rest of my quests and about to launch into life dreams! I'm getting everything in order before I start this, and one thing I'm curious about is the fun potential of those new areas you can open up with orbs.

I know each area has games you can buy with more orbs, but what can you do with each area when you've just opened them up? Would it be worth it to have three types of Sim dreams going at once to open up all three areas first even if I can't get the games yet, or should I concentrate on one type so that I can get all of the games for one area before moving onto the next?

(I know the next update coming along sounds like it will open up a fourth dream area, so I assume the same concept will apply there too!)
Neighbor info is on my profile here!
Aley205
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: What type of life dreams will be fun the soonest?

Post by Aley205 »

I love the arcade, but you should get the carnaval.
Tip from the best, get the teen idol mansion, sell the pool, get money fast.

Level 35 on sims freeplay!

Love cooking update! LETS EAT!!!
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Are you able to visit neighbours who already have the beach/arcade/carnival areas open? To be honest I don't do much neighbour visiting and I'm up to date with updates so I'm not sure if it is possible to go somewhere which is ahead of you, but if it is, take a look.
I opened the basic beach and arcade, but not any areas in them, or any of the fairground at all. They are all so expensive as far as orbs/LP go and of course once your toddlers or teens age and die you can't make so much use of them as hobby areas until you have maybe immortalised some.
At the moment I'm working on getting platinum orbs to recreate and save my original sims. Even so, I'm not sure I will start to collect orbs to open up areas. You need so many orbs and I don't seem to use what's already there that much.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

tigertigercait wrote:what can you do with each area when you've just opened them up?
Without requiring any additional orbs:

Arcade: Arcade gaming hobby for teens, completing the grid gives you one for your home. There's also a dance machine thing and a thing for toddlers to ride (not hobbies).
Beach: Shell Collecting hobby for toddlers and preteens, completing the grid gets you some hats and earrings. Can only be done at specific times of the day. There's also a new fishing spot, some benches and towels for sunbathing (like you can get at home), and you can "hang out" (new interaction) with other sims there.
Carnival: Juggling hobby for teens and adults, completing the grid gets you clown shoes for your sims. This is probably the easiest hobby out of all three. There's also a candifloss stall I think and a kissing kiosk thing.
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Just a tip for when you do decide what new areas you want to go for; choosing the "I want to go to work as ....." has always been my favourite option for a life dream. They earn a decent amount of points for the orb each time and are free the rest of the day to earn money gardening or do hobbies. With the pet paradise update sims now go to work for a set amount of hours each day, but you can choose when they go. Which makes it even better in my opinion. Up til now I wasn't able to use the work as an athlete for sporty orbs because I never usually play that early in the day!
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

Awesome, thank you all! I think I'll try and get all of the areas open. It sounds like there's plenty to do right away, and variety is the spice of a suddenly short Sim life. :)
Neighbor info is on my profile here!