Favorite games besides SFP?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Favorite games besides SFP?

Post by Minima »

Perturbee wrote:
It baffles me why these two refer to each other as agricultural tools (hoe) or female dogs (bitch).
Seriously! That's NOT how you talk to friends... Is it? Has the world gone this mad while I wasn't paying attention?
Thank you for brightening my evening with that! Whilst not actually rotflmao (Way too much of a lady and the knees aren't what they used to be for getting up again!), my sides hurt with laughter.

I think nico may be a reference to Japanese internet slang. No idea of meaning tho.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Minima wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
It baffles me why these two refer to each other as agricultural tools (hoe) or female dogs (bitch).
Seriously! That's NOT how you talk to friends... Is it? Has the world gone this mad while I wasn't paying attention?
Thank you for brightening my evening with that! Whilst not actually rotflmao (Way too much of a lady and the knees aren't what they used to be for getting up again!), my sides hurt with laughter.

I think nico may be a reference to Japanese internet slang. No idea of meaning tho.
This made me laugh too!! And I needed it! :D

If I recall right, nico is an italian term for a handsome boy, like a stud.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

SIMazing wrote:
Wtg!! I need to work that one into the conversation. Granny respect.

By the way, I was given a complete run through on the pros and cons of sandbox gaming by a nine year old I was teaching today. Lost me on flip flop gates and circuitry. The young take to it like baby dolphins!
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
KissieK
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by KissieK »

Minima wrote:
SIMazing wrote:
Wtg!! I need to work that one into the conversation. Granny respect.

By the way, I was given a complete run through on the pros and cons of sandbox gaming by a nine year old I was teaching today. Lost me on flip flop gates and circuitry. The young take to it like baby dolphins!
Well, I was way off base on nico! But I was lost myself reading Perturbee's post, and now the flip flip flop gates circuitry... Even if I tried it I probably wouldn't be able to figure it all out! I went to the SL website, looking through the forum, just being nosy :D & came across somebody asking if they had to spend real money, but when they answered & told her what to do, like Perturbee had said to me, about making stuff to sell, she said in that case, she didn't have time to do that cause she was in college & only played on the weekends, I was shocked at the people who answered back telling her she was lazy because she didn't wanna do that & calling her a troll!
**MONSTERS & MAGIC UPDATE**
HFN: 1 Eastside
Haunted House: 2 Eastside
Cat: Haunted House
Dog: HFN
Reindeer Park: Island - 1 Terra Drive
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

KissieK wrote:I went to the SL website, looking through the forum, just being nosy :D & came across somebody asking if they had to spend real money, but when they answered & told her what to do, like Perturbee had said to me, about making stuff to sell, she said in that case, she didn't have time to do that cause she was in college & only played on the weekends, I was shocked at the people who answered back telling her she was lazy because she didn't wanna do that & calling her a troll!
Some people on the forum (and in-game) are real snobs. One thing is certain, in order to make and sell stuff, you need to be both a creator (graphics, 3D modelling, programmer) and a very good marketeer. The competition is fierce. The only way to really succeed is to make something that doesn't exist. And after 10 years of SL-existence that is very very hard!

Anyway, back to the topic. I still haven't found a good mobile alternative for SFP. I am playing Banished on my PC a lot lately. For the one-off price of $19.99, it's a great deal. Especially since I hate warfare, but love to build towns. It's nothing like the Sims at all, more like SimCity set in medieval times (and stays in that era).
If you buy it through their website, you don't have to rely on Steam (or such annoying always online systems), you support the creator without them having to pay a fee to these companies and it's DRM-free.
One of my towns
One of my towns
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

As Perturbee mentioned above, I would love to find a fun mobile alternative to SFP. I have started working towards trying to save some of my Sims, but just don't know yet if it's worth the hassle. Thinking I might just throw in the towel and give up. :(

I have several "with friends" games that I play, but would like another game which would allow me to work towards higher levels and move through the game to release different content. I like the idea of building & designing houses and creating people like SFP, but I just don't know of a similar alternative. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I don't use my laptop much any more so would much prefer something that could be played on my iPad and free is great, but I would be willing to maybe buy an app is it's cheap. :)
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
KissieK
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by KissieK »

Perturbee wrote:
KissieK wrote:I went to the SL website, looking through the forum, just being nosy :D & came across somebody asking if they had to spend real money, but when they answered & told her what to do, like Perturbee had said to me, about making stuff to sell, she said in that case, she didn't have time to do that cause she was in college & only played on the weekends, I was shocked at the people who answered back telling her she was lazy because she didn't wanna do that & calling her a troll!
Some people on the forum (and in-game) are real snobs. One thing is certain, in order to make and sell stuff, you need to be both a creator (graphics, 3D modelling, programmer) and a very good marketeer. The competition is fierce. The only way to really succeed is to make something that doesn't exist. And after 10 years of SL-existence that is very very hard!

Anyway, back to the topic. I still haven't found a good mobile alternative for SFP. I am playing Banished on my PC a lot lately. For the one-off price of $19.99, it's a great deal. Especially since I hate warfare, but love to build towns. It's nothing like the Sims at all, more like SimCity set in medieval times (and stays in that era).
If you buy it through their website, you don't have to rely on Steam (or such annoying always online systems), you support the creator without them having to pay a fee to these companies and it's DRM-free.
Robin_Town.png
Yeah, I don't like people like that. It's just not possible for some people to have time for SL, & why they have to be hateful is beyond me. :roll: Time isn't a problem for me, but if I hadn't already decided not to try it, I definitely wouldn't after what you said about making stuff, cause I have none of the skills to help me in that area! It would just be a waste of my time.
But I like your town on Banished, I'll have to check it out. That's my fav part of FP, the building & decorating & of course dressing my sims, make-up & hair. But I knew if there was anything even close to FP, y'all would know. That's the very reason I'm gonna hate giving it up, if it comes to that, cause there really ain't nothing out there like it. But, oh well, like I said, I'm not gonna just keep putting $ in any game to keep on playing.
**MONSTERS & MAGIC UPDATE**
HFN: 1 Eastside
Haunted House: 2 Eastside
Cat: Haunted House
Dog: HFN
Reindeer Park: Island - 1 Terra Drive
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I ran into GodVille. Not exactly a game, more like watching your hero(ine) doing stuff on their own. You can send "voice" from above messages, but if they act upon it is never certain.

It's full of humour, weird (but funny) monsters and nonsense items/armour. It's a parody on RPG (Role Playing Games) and called ZPG (Zero Player Game). Meaning it does everything without intervention, sort of. It's mostly something to laugh or smile about when checking in on the 'game'.

You can invite 5 friends when reaching level 2, you'll see their heroes occasionally in yours and they might help with fighting monsters.

It's available on FB, the web, Android and iOS. (I think also Windows mobile, but I'm not sure).
See: http://godvillegame.com/ and http://wiki.godvillegame.com/

If you want to add me to your game, my GodName is Perturbee. I don't have any invites left myself.
GodVille Android Screenshot
GodVille Android Screenshot
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Perturbee wrote:I ran into GodVille. Not exactly a game, more like watching your hero(ine) doing stuff on their own. You can send "voice" from above messages, but if they act upon it is never certain.

It's full of humour, weird (but funny) monsters and nonsense items/armour. It's a parody on RPG (Role Playing Games) and called ZPG (Zero Player Game). Meaning it does everything without intervention, sort of. It's mostly something to laugh or smile about when checking in on the 'game'.

You can invite 5 friends when reaching level 2, you'll see their heroes occasionally in yours and they might help with fighting monsters.

It's available on FB, the web, Android and iOS. (I think also Windows mobile, but I'm not sure).
See: http://godvillegame.com/ and http://wiki.godvillegame.com/

If you want to add me to your game, my GodName is Perturbee. I don't have any invites left myself.
2014-04-11-13-48-36_GodVille_CP.png
Have to laugh, I just put this on my Kindle Fire and after stealing coins from an Animaniac, the game paused while Reticulating Splines... been there, done that before! It won't let me encourage my hero though. Guess I talked to him too much when we started... have to wait until I have some more power?
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Have to laugh, I just put this on my Kindle Fire and after stealing coins from an Animaniac, the game paused while Reticulating Splines... been there, done that before! It won't let me encourage my hero though. Guess I talked to him too much when we started... have to wait until I have some more power?
The Reticulating Splines dates back to the first Sims version! I love it.

The game never really pauses (or does it all the time for a few moments) while showing weird messages. I had "Loading..." while my Heroine was on her way to a town, shortly after that she met a "Son of a Glitch" to fight. All messages everywhere are intended as funny.

Godly powers are limited. You start with 100%. Every message you send to your hero(ine) costs 5%, encourage/punish costs 25%. Your powers can be increased by having your hero(ine) pray or sacrifice. It refills when your hero(ine) reaches a new level. (And also when completing a quest, I think. Mine are on their third quest, so I might have missed that.)

In general, if you say something to your hero(ine) too often, you'll see messages of annoyance ("Not now, I'm in Airplane mode" or something.) If you search for "Godville voice" or "Godville voice of god" you'll find a list of keywords. If they're used in a sentence, your hero(ine) might do them, but not always. The less you do, the better it seems to get. Twice or thrice a day some hint to your hero(ine) and perhaps an encouragement seems to work best for me at the moment. Don't ignore them too long (I don't know how long that is), they will become lazy and sort of stop believing in you. See the wiki for more details, I don't remember everything I've read about it.

If their health gets too low, they might go to the nearest town. If you notice it just before they do that you can encourage them (gives health too) and send them back on their quest a few minutes later.

In all it's a game to watch and laugh about. I'm loving the sense of humour, especially with SFP being so gloomy at the moment.