[PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

[PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

Post by Perturbee »

Updated May 10th, '17
----------------------------

The Life Dreams and Legacies update has added some complex features. One of them is how to use orbs while still in possession of a Sim.

First use is venues or hobby 'equipment', for example building the Ice Ape Arcade (located on the far right of the island, at the height of Flames of Wisdom. You might need to turn the view around to see the icon. See also the map thread.)

Step 1: have Sims with the required completed orbs.
Completed orbs (can be in progress to the next level too.)
Completed orbs (can be in progress to the next level too.)

Step 2: assign one or more orbs you want to use for the venue (or one of the hobbies' equipment in there, the method is the same). If using only one orb, the rest needs to be paid in LPs. (The orbs may also be from passed away Sims.)
Use the orbs for venue.
Use the orbs for venue.

Step 3: Confirm that you want to use the orb. (Even if the orb is completed, the game will say it's in progress.)
Confirm using an orb.
Confirm using an orb.

Step 4: Confirm the start of the building work. (At this stage -before confirming- you can still go back and keep the orbs!)
Ready to build.
Ready to build.

Step 5: Check the life dream tab. You can now choose a new life dream for your sims. If wanted, it's possible to change the personality by tapping the little head surrounded with arrows.
Choose a life dream. (They owned the completed orbs.)
Choose a life dream. (They owned the completed orbs.)

The second use is for pausing Sims.
Bronze: Pauses 3 Days
Silver: Pauses 7 Days
Gold: Pauses 16 Days
Platinum: Indefinitely (ideal for the Sims you want to keep forever)

If you have a Sim with a completed orb, you can assign it through the age control tab (the hourglass) by tapping the pause button, see below). The receiving Sim does NOT have to have a special personality, it works for ALL Sims.
Use orb for pausing.
Use orb for pausing.
Ageing paused.
Ageing paused.

Once you paused the Sim you can choose a new life dream. If wanted, it's possible to change the personality by tapping the little head surrounded with arrows.
Choose a life dream (For this sim I've done this already).
Choose a life dream (For this sim I've done this already).
Happy Simming!
Last edited by ErinPW on 10 May 2017, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

Post by blackbrit »

The pictures help a lot. Thank you, Perturbee!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
2uH2os
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2uH2os »

Yes it is so very helpful to see pictures! I am grateful for all the information here, actually I read this forum, complain, click my sims and circle back. Blogging, a part of the great FM scheme. LOL
BreannaB
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by BreannaB »

Help please!
So it has taken me weeks but I have finally complete ONE life dream. It was a swimmer that still has quite a while before passing over. After he received his bronze orb it took me back to the swim center and it just states "I have fulfilled all my life dreams". At this point I immediately saved the game and then once I reopened the app and it was still displaying the same message I sent the sim home.. It was then that I was able to find this thread and attempted what was said but it still didn't work (I am guessing because I didn't do what you suggested immediately). So now I'm thinking thinking it's just stuck at a bronze. I have also read that you are able to transfer the orbs to other sims, however the sim holding the orb has to die first and then it can be transferred to an existing sim.. But it has to be a sim without a life dream, correct! If that's the same I'm stuck because they all have life dreams.
So I guess I am wondering if 1. You have any alternate suggestions on how I can continue to advance my sims bronze orb to a silver and if not what I should do with the orb.. Just use it towards building the beach or arcade? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Oh, and exactly what I should do for completeled life dreams going forward.. I have 3 more sims that will be ready tomorrow.. I don't want them to get stuck at the bronze stage! Thank you!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Unfortunately, BreannaB, in order to move past bronze, your Sim will have to die and pass his orb on to another Sim. That Sim will be able to move the orb to silver. You can use the orb towards building the beach or arcade. The your Sim will receive a new life dream and be able to earn another bronze orb. Hope that helps a little.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Once again.... Still trying to figure this out! I have several Sims I'm hoping to save so once I have a gold orb, I should give that to one of the Sims I want to save (which has basically been staying idle, except for staying cleaned up & has no life dream), and she can then work towards platinum and once that is earned she will stay alive forever, right? Though once she receives the gold life orb she is going to receive the personality of the given orb and will receive a corresponding life dream?

Then the other part of my question, if Julie has finally earned her platinum life orb can she then give her platinum orb to her husband, Matthew and that will indefinitely pause his life too?

I think I'm missing something here because after all the changes I find it hard to believe that by earning one platinum life orb that you can save the life of 2 Sims with it.
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

sonlightmom wrote:Once again.... Still trying to figure this out! I have several Sims I'm hoping to save so once I have a gold orb, I should give that to one of the Sims I want to save (which has basically been staying idle, except for staying cleaned up & has no life dream), and she can then work towards platinum and once that is earned she will stay alive forever, right? Though once she receives the gold life orb she is going to receive the personality of the given orb and will receive a corresponding life dream?

Then the other part of my question, if Julie has finally earned her platinum life orb can she then give her platinum orb to her husband, Matthew and that will indefinitely pause his life too?

I think I'm missing something here because after all the changes I find it hard to believe that by earning one platinum life orb that you can save the life of 2 Sims with it.
No, you can only save one. The Sim that is being saved does not possess the orb, but it must be used to pause the Sim's aging indefinitely via the age controller.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

sonlightmom wrote:I have several Sims I'm hoping to save so once I have a gold orb, I should give that to one of the Sims I want to save (which has basically been staying idle, except for staying cleaned up & has no life dream), and she can then work towards platinum and once that is earned she will stay alive forever, right?
No, use your "expendable" sims to go all the way to Platinum, and only after you've got one of those can you give it to a "good" sim to stop them ageing.

You will need one platinum orb for each sim you want to save.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

I think I'm more confused now... So Julie, the sim I want to save is not the one I want to work toward the platinum orb? But if someone else earns the platinum orb aren't they going to never die? (Sorry for the poor grammar, but it was the best was to get my point across.)

Why am I having such a hard time wrapping my mind around this?
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

sonlightmom wrote:I think I'm more confused now... So Julie, the sim I want to save is not the one I want to work toward the platinum orb? But if someone else earns the platinum orb aren't they going to never die? (Sorry for the poor grammar, but it was the best was to get my point across.)

Why am I having such a hard time wrapping my mind around this?
Earning a Platinum Orb doesn't give eternal life, you have to assign the orb, once you've got it, to the Sim you want to live forever. You do this via the pause button in the life-timer section of the bit with hobbies, jobs etc.

Maybe someone else can tell us if you can use a Sim's hard won platinum orb on itself?
Game Centre Name: neildf