The Homeless Challenge

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: The Homeless Challenge

Post by Perturbee »

animagif wrote:Do bonuses from the island statues count as earnings?
No, neither do bonuses from levelling up in the hobby (there is one of § 750). LPs are not considered income either, there is only a conversion for spending them.

It's "easy" enough to do this challenge as it is. (Especially compared to original on Sims 2 & 3, on those games it is nearly impossible due to the much faster and more realistic needs drains.)

This challenge can be completed in a few days of grinding or spread out over a week and a bit with less grinding, all depending on the chosen hobby. I did consider making it harder, but I decided against it so everyone can do it without too much frustration.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

So if I understand this, if we use the community center to do woodworking, we can count the Simoleons they earn for making the wooden object, but not the extra that comes from finishing a set and leveling up? If Rolanda goes to the CC and builds 3 objects and earns say, $200, then deducts $100 for being at the center, she has earned a net of $100 toward the goal? So she could technically build several objects there, and when she has enough to pay her usage fee and an extra $150 she can go to the snow park and raid their fridge for food and get coffee and maybe even nap on their couch? She can sleep on any bench in the park or on any sofa in a public place? She can fish in the park - I don't remember if they earn $ for that, will have to check. I might do this for fun next week, but I want to get my sound fixed first!!! It's been 72 hours and still no sound! No response to my ticket from the FM either :(
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Sounds fun! I can't do it with my current Sims as they all have families. But maybe when I get to level 49, I can attempt it.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:So if I understand this, if we use the community center to do woodworking, we can count the Simoleons they earn for making the wooden object, but not the extra that comes from finishing a set and leveling up? If Rolanda goes to the CC and builds 3 objects and earns say, $200, then deducts $100 for being at the center, she has earned a net of $100 toward the goal? So she could technically build several objects there, and when she has enough to pay her usage fee and an extra $150 she can go to the snow park and raid their fridge for food and get coffee and maybe even nap on their couch? She can sleep on any bench in the park or on any sofa in a public place? She can fish in the park - I don't remember if they earn $ for that, will have to check. I might do this for fun next week, but I want to get my sound fixed first!!! It's been 72 hours and still no sound! No response to my ticket from the FM either :(
Yes, you got it all right. The "entrance fee" is easily earned, especially with woodworking. Sofas, couches, park benches, they all are allowed as long as they're not used at another home. The Snow Park is an ideal spot to fill those needs.

Fishing is a hobby like the others and you do earn § for every new fish you catch. Already caught fish don't give rewards, so it's a little tougher.

I hope FM will do something when their offices open again. They're not very fast, the last ticket I submitted took 3 weeks to get a reply they'll investigate the issue.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I just did my backup to the cloud and then downloaded that update to my phone. Sound works fine there! It's android OS. Wondering if I should delete the game on the iPad and try reinstalling it, then using the phone's version to upload. I have a house being built that will be finished in 2 hours. I am getting desperate enough to try this, but scared of losing everything! Is there a link with the steps to delete a game from iPadi and restore it from the cloud version that was saved on another device? After the house finishes, I will save one more time, restore that to the phone, so the versions match, and then attempt it... I don't know what else to do, I have tried everything else and I know it's not the iPad itself because everything else that has sound is working fine.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I just did my backup to the cloud and then downloaded that update to my phone. Sound works fine there! It's android OS. Wondering if I should delete the game on the iPad and try reinstalling it, then using the phone's version to upload. I have a house being built that will be finished in 2 hours. I am getting desperate enough to try this, but scared of losing everything! Is there a link with the steps to delete a game from iPadi and restore it from the cloud version that was saved on another device? After the house finishes, I will save one more time, restore that to the phone, so the versions match, and then attempt it... I don't know what else to do, I have tried everything else and I know it's not the iPad itself because everything else that has sound is working fine.
I did not delete, re install and download the saved data, yet, so I don't know, whether you get the question for download before you start the game. In case you have to start the game first, don't touch the partyboat or the globe, before you have downloaded your data. The auto save does not work properly, but always then, if we really don't want :(

There is a thread at the sub forum SFP Help Documents: Cloud Saves!

Hope, this helps!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I just did my backup to the cloud and then downloaded that update to my phone. Sound works fine there! It's android OS. Wondering if I should delete the game on the iPad and try reinstalling it, then using the phone's version to upload. I have a house being built that will be finished in 2 hours. I am getting desperate enough to try this, but scared of losing everything! Is there a link with the steps to delete a game from iPadi and restore it from the cloud version that was saved on another device? After the house finishes, I will save one more time, restore that to the phone, so the versions match, and then attempt it... I don't know what else to do, I have tried everything else and I know it's not the iPad itself because everything else that has sound is working fine.
You shouldn't need to reinstall the game on iPad, just reset... after reset, you will be prompted to start a new game or download from cloud... when you select download from cloud, choose the facebook option and it will attempt to connect to facebook (where your android has upload)...

since you are also playing on iPad, there's a chance that your iPad game is uploaded to game center... so here're the steps what I would recommend:
Assuming you have uploaded your phone(Android) version to facebook cloud,
In iPad
1) Open game center and exit
2) Open facebook app and login with the ID that contains the Android cloud save
3) Go to SFP and tap Reset game. Confirm to reset
4) When prompted to start new game or download game data, choose download game
5) Choose facebook. It will then connect to facebook app (which is already login earlier)
6) You will then be shown the option to download the Android cloud save.
7) Proceed as per the instruction...
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Any protocols for posting the story of our hobos? Should we post in this thread, or a new one?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Feel free to add to this one, or start one named something like Homeless Sim stories?
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

It's Day 3, and Eliana has amassed quite the simoleons, almost 6500, even after paying her community center fee and her snow park fee each time she visits. She is close to maxing out her woodworking hobby (5/6), and has started a new set of woodworking items.

So here's what I'm thinking...once she gets 10,000 simoleons she should use 6,000 to buy her sanctuary lot with its 3 x 3 shack. If selling off a 1 LP item gets you 50 simoleons, then 1 LP should be worth 500, and 12 LP (the cost to build Sanctuary) should therefore be 6,000. The bank is eager to sell the lot because there is no plumbing or electricity. She can then build onto the shack, but the town will impose building code rules: minimum kitchen size is 6 x 6, bedroom 4 x 4, living room 5 x 5, and bathroom 3 x 3. Only after three rooms are built can she get plumbing and electricity. She will have to continue earning simoleons to make her house presentable enough for company and furnish it. Only then can she invite other sims to her place. What do you think?
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.