SimTown Olympics

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: SimTown Olympics

Post by Akmawmaw »

Thanks, simazing, a cheat sheet will be, well, simazing! *Groan* and it may mean I don't have to fire my current judges!
Question: can a coach be a judge and vice versa or would that be a conflict of interest?
Maybe a coach per event would be helpful.
When real life of fake life and real life of real life both get in the way, that means delay of games!
So the games got a late start today.
It turns out that Stewart was not quite the level of super dad he perceived himself to be and when all the tods woke up smelly, hungry, and unhappy with full bladders, he had to call in reinforcements!
Everyone's happy again
Everyone's happy again
Another delay, not previously accounted for, was the pool cleaning requirement for the diving competition. Apparently, when you have that many divers utilizing a pool for that many hours, the chlorine can't keep up. So everyone pitched in and it's sparkly again
Everyone pitched in
Everyone pitched in
Then the Trampolinathon diva (who's also a teen idol) refused to get up this morning and slept through her alarm. So everyone took their time this morning bathing,eating, etc and gramps even got a little quilting in. Well, his quilting got interrupted as he was needed for the judging.
So the games are on again!
Diva  Pauline, finally on the tramps today
Diva Pauline, finally on the tramps today
Some observations.
This is a really fun challenge. Thanks for making it.
There are so many directions you could take. My choice to set up the venues at the properties entailed a LOT of set up work. But it's paying off for the actual Olympics because it's quite simple to take care of everyone's needs and requirements of the challenge from that one spot ( or, in my case three spots since I chose three venues)
I've found I've expanded a lot of my relationships. Bonus!
I'm doing lots of different actions per day that I don't ordinarily do and have gotten different island whatchamacallits for doing them. Bonus!
It's been a lot more fun than the same old same old. Bonus!
I've learned that different actions take different times depending on if you're an adult or teen or preteen ( like the deck chairs)
My medals for ice skating and diving have completed two grids for me and I had almost given up on the hobbies! Bonus!
Hmmm, maybe I should've made quilting and bird feeding Olympic Games! Nah. That would've been a two month Olympics!! Hehe.
There's more but I have to get back to the game. Those deck chairs must be really uncomfortable because no one can sit in them for very long!!
GREAT Challenge, Simazing!!
Attachments
Sparkly clean for the days events
Sparkly clean for the days events
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

(Forgive me for not quoting.)
So glad you're enjoying the challenge! :D
oh, and I learned a lot from writing it up (and your post. I didn't know about the deck chairs differences :shock: :lol: ).

Yes, a coach can be a judge for any event they do not have their athlete competing in, and vice versa. I suppose with a hometown event, realistically, you could have one coach for a whole sport. This may get challenging when you are trying to do interactions in the game though. So long as you continue to have at least three coaches, it should be fine.

I got a giggle from your toddlers, and momentarily thought you should make them the judges! :lol: Well, technically, the judges and coaches weren't given an age requirement... but I digress.

Real life got in the way of me getting started.
Also, I saw the update. Regardless of how I feel, I will be around to answer a few more questions for the challenge.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

As many of my sims as are able ( without giving up an outfit that was stolen from them) will be wearing black and be in mourning.
No words.
No words.
If they can, they'll continue their Olympics. But I'm not sure they can. This is beyond words.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Akmawmaw and Simazing - a huge hug. This latest news hurts.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

Akmawmaw wrote:Big day of competitions!
Great lunch break.
Will be hiring new judges tomorrow.
I love it. Where did you get the slides?
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Okay. I'm telling myself. Stop overreacting. (but I'm so good at it). Get some perspective. (I don't want to). Like I've said before, these developers are going to do whatever the heck they want to do to get people to spend real money on this game. They could care less what their players think. It's a joke to send a survey out saying they care about our feedback. I'm tired of getting upset over a game. It used to be my own little self created world that I was very proud of and attached to. It is becoming more and more just another game. I'm kind of glad, actually, because I was way too obsessed and spent way too much time on it. I'm glad I took the time to write out the backstories (even though the syntax and grammatical errors made me cringe at my own work) of my more bizarre characters in the game. I really do have normal people. All the weirdos live on the island. Ha. It was maybe a culmination of the game for me. So. I'm not going to let the potential of this update ruin the fun I've had with Simazings awesome challenge. The Simlympics are having a hiatus but they will return. Unfortunately, life will get hectic this week so I'll have to get back to the game next weekend. Simazing, thank you for all your hard work and LOVE LOVE the scoring sheet. It's wonderful. I needed that visual. Thank you. I agree with your comments on the site here. I'm not going to give up easily and let these developers take my game away from me. They will not win. I've plenty of LP and am thankful I have saved and not spent them though it's been very tempting. My sims will be fine.
Firrewhisper
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Firrewhisper »

This looks to be an amazing challenge. One that I will be working on in the future once I can get my act together and set it all up. Thank you @SIMazing for creating such an in depth and detailed challenge. I haven't read all the stories posted by Akmawmaw, but I shall. I am intrigued by what I have read and enjoyed the pictures.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Firrewhisper wrote:This looks to be an amazing challenge. One that I will be working on in the future once I can get my act together and set it all up. Thank you @SIMazing for creating such an in depth and detailed challenge. I haven't read all the stories posted by Akmawmaw, but I shall. I am intrigued by what I have read and enjoyed the pictures.
Thank you, that's very kind. :) It grieves me that unless EA has a change of heart, I will never get to try it out. I'm fearful of opening my game and finding it force-updated. :?

Before anyone decides to try it, let me add that I only recommend it for non-updated players. For updated players, it would be wasted time (and lives) of several sims, since it takes place over the course of 7-9 days. Pre-teens don't stay young enough long enough to complete the events that only pre-teens can do, and seniors will die during the games. Although the time could be modified, it is still a lot to do with sims who have such short lives, plus not doing their life goals.

If someone with the update wants to test it out, please let me know how it goes. Thanks.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)