SimTown Olympics

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: SimTown Olympics

Post by blackbrit »

Oh - and Mystery Island is now, for me, officially Simaui. Brilliant!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

SIMazing wrote:Can I get some feedback on the idea? I'm willing to make adjustments and clarifications if needed. Thanks!
I'm having a "brain on math" moment (life?) too. Spell out again how many days for the competition, will you?
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Magnificent! The British team hopes to participate later in the week subject to medical clearance. See bulletin below.

'It is with some concern that the MOH has to report that updatitis is rapidly spreading sim-globally with two cases reported in the UK. Luckily both are still in the early stages (jerky, reduced pace ambulation and back twinges). It is hoped to prevent spreading the disease by careful hand washing, avoiding pigeon infested park benches and shunning festive occasions. Stocks of birthday cake have been withdrawn from the shelves. Anyone suspected of having the condition is advised to stay indoors with a warm quilt.'

The UK delegation wishes Simuai every success with the opening ceremony and will watch developments with great interest.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

I LOVE it!!, Minima ^^^^^
Laughed out loud!
Thanks, blackbrit, Simaui is honored to have Maya as a guest!
Next installment to follow.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Hasty preparations indeed! There were more than a few details Erin failed to think through when she'd put the Simlympics bid in. She'd won the bid through her ingenious idea to bill the venue as Carnivalesque. The events were to be unlike any ever seen at Simlympics. That was the draw. The pure intrigue of what was to come. The combination of Carnivale and Competition. These were to be a fun Simlympics championed by a Children's Advocate. All were welcome and encouraged to participate. The Mayor herself transformed a section of her property to host two of the events. Trampoline and Water Slide competitions! Not to be left out, she even made way for the Toddler Slide event! Cleverly disguised as a competition, it was a way to keep the young ones engaged and safe during the festivities while helping them realize the importance of participation. Of course, it wasn't an "official" event and everyone knew it, but all played along for the benefit of the children. The spirit of cooperation was contagious as more and more residents and even those from the Mainland arose from their slumber and lent a hand in preparation.
All was not without happenstance , however, as during the hasty and sometimes harried preparations, Ken slipped while setting up, of all things, the slippy slide! Erin's son snapped the picture just as he went down. Seeing that there were no serious injuries, everyone had a good laugh at the mishap and resolved to slow things down just a tad for safety's sake. The Symlympics would go on, but safety first!
Slippy Slide slip up!
Slippy Slide slip up!
Everyone knew there'd be no real winter sports. The island never saw winter. But through the magic of Christmas, the islands resident Kris Kringle look alike, Oskar Charleton, opened his not oft visited home to host the ice skating competition!
Now if he could just figure out a way to keep those Reindeer of his off the ice! They were rather spoiled Reindeer, you see, as they were put into service but once a year. The rest of the time, being free to roam about the property and dig up treasures to bestow upon their beloved owner. No one knew exactly how these magical Reindeer of his performed this extraordinary feat, but all were quite happy to share in the sometimes size able reward pawed up by these grand creatures!
The front team was sent in to prep the ice. They unfortunately and understandably, did not pack for any type of cold weather and you see them here scurrying off to borrow some cold weather gear from Oskar, aka, Santa.
Getting frostbite prepping the ice.
Getting frostbite prepping the ice.
Oskar wasn't the only one on the island with Reindeer, either. Rain was on a business trip when the Simlympics came to town, but he allowed his Ranch to be used in his absence in any way the mayor saw fit. But that's a story for tomorrow...
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Minima wrote:Magnificent! The British team hopes to participate later in the week subject to medical clearance. See bulletin below.

'It is with some concern that the MOH has to report that updatitis is rapidly spreading sim-globally with two cases reported in the UK. Luckily both are still in the early stages (jerky, reduced pace ambulation and back twinges). It is hoped to prevent spreading the disease by careful hand washing, avoiding pigeon infested park benches and shunning festive occasions. Stocks of birthday cake have been withdrawn from the shelves. Anyone suspected of having the condition is advised to stay indoors with a warm quilt.'

The UK delegation wishes Simuai every success with the opening ceremony and will watch developments with great interest.
Definitely *ROFL*! Updatitis causing sim-global concern. I wonder if the Sim World Health Organization has sent bulletins to the Sim[Fire] Monkeys?
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

blackbrit wrote:
SIMazing wrote:Can I get some feedback on the idea? I'm willing to make adjustments and clarifications if needed. Thanks!
I'm having a "brain on math" moment (life?) too. Spell out again how many days for the competition, will you?
An odd number of days. I chose 7 so that you would have 4 competing days free from injuries, and 3 with. The Opening and Closing days can be on the first and last competing days, but does not have to be.

When I have a chance I will modify my original post to have my clarifications. :)

Akmawmaw! I'm loving your set up and storyline! :D
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

SIMazing wrote:
Forgive my lack of knowledge on how to "snip" a quote!
Anyway, I have about five more installments written with pictures and will likely do more as this plays out. Anyone interested in an ongoing narrative or would that be spamming the board? I'll write it anyway as it is quite fun to put it in writing, so either way is fine with me. I have gotten some quite hilarious pictures!
There was this "Nancy Carrigan Moment" during ice skating practice today! (Sp)
Attachments
Get off my knee!!
Get off my knee!!
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Akmawmaw wrote:
SIMazing wrote:
Forgive my lack of knowledge on how to "snip" a quote!
Anyway, I have about five more installments written with pictures and will likely do more as this plays out. Anyone interested in an ongoing narrative or would that be spamming the board? I'll write it anyway as it is quite fun to put it in writing, so either way is fine with me. I have gotten some quite hilarious pictures!
There was this "Nancy Carrigan Moment" during ice skating practice today! (Sp)
I am definitely interested in the ongoing narrative!

And the Sim "Nancy Kerrigan" moment is terrific. I knew there was something nagging at the back of my brain when the Sim skaters revealed themselves to be vicious attackers of each other after the update that produced their skating abilities. (All the skating on each other.) It's got to be that crazy Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan Olympic moment that was nagging at me!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

I knew I was spelling that wrong, blackbrit. Kerrigan. I should have looked it up. Those fighting ice skaters are pretty hilarious. A disclaimer on these stories. Spell check is not my friend. I used to be pretty good at spelling and grammar but between the evil spell check, my clumsy fingers on an iPad screen always hitting comma instead of,space (see?) and my lack of writing anything but a Facebook post or Pinterest pin for the past several years, (sad) I'm a little rusty. So, please ignore the copious mistakes and hope you enjoy the Simlympics narrative. Hope you'll join in with your own and get your Sims out of hibernation and onto the ice, or water, or snow, or whatever you choose to do for your competitions. It's certainly more fun than waiting on the next update.