[SPOILER] Christmas AND New Year's Eve Quests!!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
hiser1974

Re: [SPOILER] Christmas AND New Year's Eve Quests!!

Post by hiser1974 »

Thanks for the heads-up!
What is the time limit to complete these quests?

Edit: nevermind my question about the time limit. Read the first page of this topic and saw the New Year's Eve quests starts on the 29th. So that means you have 3 days to complete them.
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

Continuing with the New Years Quests:

Invite 6 Sims over
Make 6 Sims dance to a stereo - 3 min
Check voicemail on a phone - 3 min
Send a Sim to the park
Invite a Second Sim to the park
Be Romantic to another Sim - 1 min
Activate the Fireworks
Make 2 Sims kiss - 2 sec

The fireworks will be in the outdoor decoration section. First ones are free the second and subsequent ones cost LP.

Pinwheel fireworks - 3 LP
Rockets - 5 LP
Flying Saucer - 10 LP
Top hat - 12 LP
Rocket bottom- 15 LP
Train - 25 LP
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

long quests that can be done concurrently:

deep sleep in bed, concurrently with tomato punch. each goal is 6 hrs if using 3 star...

for the sift through garbage quest and the second sift through another sim garbage quest, you can do both concurrently. The second one must be done with a Sim in another house...
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

bloodcool wrote:long quests that can be done concurrently:

deep sleep in bed, concurrently with tomato punch. each goal is 6 hrs if using 3 star...

for the sift through garbage quest and the second sift through another sim garbage quest, you can do both concurrently. The second one must be done with a Sim in another house...
Thanks, was wondering about that - figured I'd have a Sim making punch in one house, start the sleeper an hour later in a different house so that I could time it to completed after the goal pops up when the punch is done? And if we start one Sim sifting garbage, does the same goal come up right away on a different garbage can in another house or is there a lag between one starting and the next one being available?
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:

Thanks, was wondering about that - figured I'd have a Sim making punch in one house, start the sleeper an hour later in a different house so that I could time it to completed after the goal pops up when the punch is done? And if we start one Sim sifting garbage, does the same goal come up right away on a different garbage can in another house or is there a lag between one starting and the next one being available?
both sift through garbage quests are the same, just that the second one is that you must do it at another Sim's house...
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Thanks Bloodcool. I wasn't sure if the 'Sift through garbage' tasks could be done concurrently.
Good to know they can.
At the moment 1 sim is making tomato punch while another sleeps.
Christine
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Christine »

I'm hoping these New Years quests are easier to complete on time. I just started a few minutes ago. I ended up spending a lot of LP on the Christmas quest because I didn't have enough time during the day to complete things, but I actually ended up getting an extra day after Christmas to finish. Did the time limit change for anyone else? Anyway, I'm not complaining because I ended up getting my reindeer lol
Game Center: blahblah810
No specific HFN yet, working on it
Updated and ignoring quests
EmmyBerry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EmmyBerry »

Is anybody else having trouble with the "Try not to panic in a lounge chair" task? it just stops after a while :(
Account inactive since I don't play SimsFreeplay anymore.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

I set my sim up to panic before I left to drive home... 6 hours later she is still running around freaking out.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

I hope I'm doing this right - I sent Cedrella home, after she had her panic attack and Eileen took over the restaurant for the rest of the day. Cedrella was so upset, she burned the brownies. When she got home, she kicked over her garbage can and is now going through her own garbage.

Then I sent Harfang over to Lee's house, where in a fit of temper and frustration, he kicked over Lee's garbage and is now going through that. It's not his own garbage, so I hope it works. I started Harfang about 20 minutes after Cedrella, but they are both going to finish in the middle of the night. I just have to remember to go to her house first and NOT visit Lee when he comes home from work in the middle of the night - maybe I should have him garden at somebody else's house overnight, instead of going to work, just to be safe...

These two like each other, but technically Harfang is supposed to end up with Cedrella's sister, but I didn't make her yet and I have to wait 5 more levels to create a new adult Sim. Will have to see how it goes... hopefully any snogging they do on New Year's won't lead to anything serious that I can't correct later! :roll: