Winter Update is Here

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
username
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Winter Update is Here

Post by username »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I got more Sims, too!!! I just realized that I can add more Sims than just my new baby! I checked my Sim count and it said 22/26 next Sim available at level 38. And I thought wait a minute does that mean I am allowed to have 26 Sims at level 37?? So I clicked on my haunted house to try to add a Sim and it let me!!! I finally got to make poor Bert (Cuthbert Binns) who is a little crazy and a lot pale since he mostly lives in the dark with ghosts...
[...]
Now I have to think of some more Sims to move into my empty houses!
I've been doing the same. I pulled the leftover decos from last year out of storage and turned one of my empty houses into a blaringly red-and-green Christmas house. My "Santa" (ish) Sim looks a bit like your poor Bert from those long, sunless days at the North Pole. Perhaps he'll rosy up when it's Christmastime again.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

hiser1974 wrote:
Happy universe wrote:
nemi1 wrote:What were they thinking with this update?
Before the update, I had about 1 mil $. 1 hour after the update I had 100 million $ by simply buying the idol mansion, selling the pool (why bother with the other stuff), demolish the house - and then repeat the process. You get more than 4 million for the pool alone.
How can you do this? I think it is not possible. It takes 72 hours to build, how can you do this in one hour? :shock:
Exactly what I thought. Though the build time and price depends on how many houses you have build, with only 1 house build, it can go fast, but not this fast. Still selling pools when you don't want them can be profitable.
It's possible to speed up the building time with LPs :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Pammy30159
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Pammy30159 »

EmmyBerry wrote:yep I've done that about 5 times and even when I do it no friends show up, even when it says I am logged into Facebook, I only see my friends immediately after resending them invitations and as soon as I exit the party boat they're gone again. I've also already tried restarting the app and restarting the whole ipad but it didn't help, judging by all the entries on the Sims Freeplay Facebook Page I'm not the only one with this problem =/
I keep losing my neighbours on party boat. Then they return then disappear again. Feel better it's not just me with the glitch lol
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

username wrote:
Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I got more Sims, too!!! I just realized that I can add more Sims than just my new baby! I checked my Sim count and it said 22/26 next Sim available at level 38. And I thought wait a minute does that mean I am allowed to have 26 Sims at level 37?? So I clicked on my haunted house to try to add a Sim and it let me!!! I finally got to make poor Bert (Cuthbert Binns) who is a little crazy and a lot pale since he mostly lives in the dark with ghosts...
[...]
Now I have to think of some more Sims to move into my empty houses!
I've been doing the same. I pulled the leftover decos from last year out of storage and turned one of my empty houses into a blaringly red-and-green Christmas house. My "Santa" (ish) Sim looks a bit like your poor Bert from those long, sunless days at the North Pole. Perhaps he'll rosy up when it's Christmastime again.
I am beginning to feel bad for Bert. He made some friends in town and invited Arabella and Andromeda over to help him ghost hunt. I am seriously considering adding a second story but making it more normal living quarters just to give him a break. He could be caretaker and sell tickets for ghost tours on the first floor. Maybe I should start setting it up as a Christmas house on the second floor, to give him something to feel happy about. It would certainly be more cheerful - if I get enough Christmas stuff in the quest I could make it a year round Christmas store or something?

He was pretty mellow after visiting his new neighbors, popping into the nightclub and then watching a movie over at Charlie's house, then planting garlic at Amos's house - he only did his crazy chicken act at the club, before he made any friends. He told everybody to call him Bert, because I stuck him with such an awful name. I am beginning to like him and I didn't think I would. Maybe I'll send him over to the salon and fix him up a little bit - he's not an old man (yet) he's just been really stressed and is worn out from not sleeping well in his new house. He went gray prematurely :). At least that's what I tell myself. Maybe I'll make him middle aged, and he can flirt with one of my single middle aged, sensible ladies, adopt a teenager or something along those lines... Have to give him a job first - he's supposed to be a history professor at the high school.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
nemi1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nemi1 »

Happy universe wrote:
nemi1 wrote:What were they thinking with this update?
Before the update, I had about 1 mil $. 1 hour after the update I had 100 million $ by simply buying the idol mansion, selling the pool (why bother with the other stuff), demolish the house - and then repeat the process. You get more than 4 million for the pool alone.
How can you do this? I think it is not possible. It takes 72 hours to build, how can you do this in one hour? :shock:
I remowed all but three house, and spent one Lp in order to hurry construction each time.

Since you get exp for buying stuff, you get about 1 lvl for 5 Lp if your initial level is in the mid 30 range (I forgot to notice how much you had to spend on erlier levels).
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Ah, that explains it 8-)

One thing I noticed after the update is that the increase of town value per house has been lowered significantly.
Example: 13 houses build, premium lot, Sci-Fi Shuttle, 48 lp.
Town value increase before the update § 1.021.490, after the update § 423.000
nemi1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nemi1 »

hiser1974 wrote: One thing I noticed after the update is that the increase of town value per house has been lowered significantly.
I´m sure that you know this, but TW also increase if you buy stuff. My TW went fron 10 to 50 million without increasing the number of houses beyond three.

I really wish that they had not provided this exploit, but I could not resist using it. Previously, my sims game was all about hobbies, gardening, work etc. - and then redecorating a house, or maybe a few rooms, together with my 4 year old daughter during the weekend.

Now I will rebuild my houses (I think ten is enough for the number of sims that you can have), and we will probably redecorate them during the weekend, but then what?
nemi1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nemi1 »

Happy universe wrote: How can you do this? I think it is not possible. It takes 72 hours to build, how can you do this in one hour? :shock:
I made a more explicit explanation here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=740&p=7675#p7675

... but, basically, you can´t do it if you have a lot of houses that you are attached to.
Happy universe
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Happy universe »

nemi1 wrote:
Happy universe wrote: How can you do this? I think it is not possible. It takes 72 hours to build, how can you do this in one hour? :shock:
I made a more explicit explanation here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=740&p=7675#p7675

... but, basically, you can´t do it if you have a lot of houses that you are attached to.
Now i untherstand. But yes, i,m attached to Some of my houses, but mostly also to my Sims :oops:
GC name is happy universe
HFN is at firehouse rd nr1 & also Scandinaviën house nextdoor has everything:-)
Ghost hunting, house with black roof
Reindeer farm-west Ocean Road #2
Puppy hobby is in the gingerbreadhouse.(westside 20)
nemi1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nemi1 »

Happy universe wrote: Now i untherstand. But yes, i,m attached to Some of my houses, but mostly also to my Sims :oops:
How many sims can you have living in three houses? I saved 18 sims in my three houses (6 per house), but I think I read somewhere that you can have 9 people living in a house.

PS: However, I am not trying to convince you to do it. As I said, I think that I regret that I did,
Last edited by nemi1 on 28 Nov 2013, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.