(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Holiday Français - Major Bugs?

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Looking on the FreePlay FaceBook page it’s all about

1) how the update isn’t in a lot of people’s App Store yet
2) if you can download it when you try to play the game blows itself up in a very spectacular fashion

Any clues as to what is going on?
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
ErinPW

Re: Holiday Français - Major Bugs?

Post by ErinPW »

The Firemonkeys are aware of some bugs and are working on a fix. We mustn‘t forget that they work from home like many of us do.
Sul sul! Our latest update - Holiday Francais was released today and with its launch we saw some players facing issues with their game. We’re working on getting a fix out so you can get back to your Sims ASAP! Simmers who have been affected by the issues will be compensated for the time missed. Thank you to our community for flagging the issues and please stay tuned for more information. 💚
Source: https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

ErinPW wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 20:05 The Firemonkeys are aware of some bugs and are working on a fix. We mustn‘t forget that they work from home like many of us do.
Very true, maybe that’s why this update went up in flames. Going by the FB posts it looks like people have lost anywhere from a few hours to months of game progress, the game constantly resetting itself, or you can’t send Sims to work among a host of other problems.

I still haven’t gotten a notification of the update but even when I do I think I’m going to hold off updating until the game is less freaky since I can’t really contact tech support.
Morgan Rose
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I wasn’t notified of any update, but I searched for it and it was there (running iOS 13). So far it’s been smooth, except for the small stairs glitch I also saw in the Joy’s Creative Finger videos. It’s terrible that people are losing so much progress. You’d think they’d check these things more before releasing any updates.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

The update didn’t come up in my list of updates as usual. I was able to update by searching the App Store and the update button was under the app there. No major problems for me other than a minor visual glitch on some lots, a sort of flashing effect on some walls.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
Voldyslovechild
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Voldyslovechild »

So if i don’t update do i fall behind in the simschase>?

Also, my sims cant use the vaccum cleaner, am i alone on this?
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Just DLed the update & I’m going to take a chance on it!😄😲😉
Morgan Rose
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

:shock: :o Well that was bloody weird!

I just received all of the ice palace items when I opened the game. The event was so long ago I don’t remember what items I won and what items I missed out on but looks like I have them all now even though the chances are beyond slim to none that I will ever use them.🤷‍♀️
Morgan Rose
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 19:24 :shock: :o Well that was bloody weird!

I just received all of the ice palace items when I opened the game. The event was so long ago I don’t remember what items I won and what items I missed out on but looks like I have them all now even though the chances are beyond slim to none that I will ever use them.🤷‍♀️
That happened to me too, but I already had all the items and once upon a time I did have an ice house. Demolished it a long time ago. Only thing I wish they gave us but didn’t is the Ice Queen’s outfit, hair and tiara.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

I also received all the Ice palace items, though I’m pretty sure I had them before.

The update worked fine until now. But today when I tried to go to the Sim who had finished one of the SimChase tasks, the game crashed - or, rather, I was sent back to my iPad’s home screen and now I can’t open the game anymore, the same thing happens every time. The game shows the loading screen for a while but then it always crashes. I hope this is a temporary problem!