July/August Update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: July/August Update?

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

(image courtesy of The Sims FreePlay Twitter)
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.35.07.png
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Strange clinch. Looks like she's kneeing him in his vulnerables 😄
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

July Update Schedule of Events
(Summary from various Game Changer sources)

July 16 Family Furnishing crafting event

August 1 Simchase 4 Teen Retreat

August 11 to 17 if you start 9 day pregnancy & earn baby bonus, you get extra prizes

August 23 Simchase 5 Backyard Battle

Repeat Events
July 25 Hans On
July 28 Long Hair
August 7 Backyard Beautification
August 17 Urban Chic
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Heads up. It sounds like there's a new option for automatic updates in game that toggles on and off in game options menu. I suspect the default will be set to on.

I prefer to choose when my apps update so have my device set to not allow automatic updates. I wonder if the new game function will override that. I plan to check it out after updating.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

SKatF wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:36 Heads up. It sounds like there's a new option for automatic updates in game that toggles on and off in game options menu. I suspect the default will be set to on.

I prefer to choose when my apps update so have my device set to not allow automatic updates. I wonder if the new game function will override that. I plan to check it out after updating.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm like you and have auto update turned off. Tell me what you find out, please :)
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:46
SKatF wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:36 Heads up. It sounds like there's a new option for automatic updates in game that toggles on and off in game options menu. I suspect the default will be set to on.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm like you and have auto update turned off. Tell me what you find out, please :)
I heard it's automatic cloud saves you can toggle on and off and not updates. We'll find out soon for sure though.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

copperwood wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 16:19 […]

I heard it's automatic cloud saves you can toggle on and off and not updates. We'll find out soon for sure though.
Yes, the info is about auto saves. But like many others I too like to take the updates when I'm ready and maybe wait a little longer until I know more about a new feature. I'm sure there will be many players talking about the auto cloud save as soon as the update has been released :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:28 July Update Schedule of Events
Dates Australian time 10 am, I believe. So may need to adjust for your time. Although sometimes they plan updates so everyone will get it when their time zone reaches the specified date/time.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 19:03
copperwood wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 16:19 […]

Yes, the info is about auto saves. But like many others I too like to take the updates when I'm ready and maybe wait a little longer until I know more about a new feature. I'm sure there will be many players talking about the auto cloud save as soon as the update has been released :)
For players who don't take time to save, the auto save can be great in limiting their losses when things go wrong.

For other players, choice of save time gives better control.

So toggle for autosave could meet everyone's needs, as long as they are informed how to use it and consequences of their choice. EA tends to be bad at informing players.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

It's here already for me - US EDT. Already starting the live event - 9 days.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1