[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by mockingbird288z »

copperwood wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 16:52 Is there a way to check the sp cost other than starting each task?
No - I had to do a lot of saving the game on one device where I hadn't started the quest yet, downloading it on my other device and starting it then starting and skipping a task to figure it out for my tasks.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

moonwalker wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 16:02 Where is the nightclub? The first task is “check in at the nightclub” and I didn’t even know there was one.
It's between the mall and the grocery store/market. It used to be something that cost 15 (maybe 20?) sp to build but it was just automatically built on the last update for anyone who didn't already have it.
59475810_2035713363388910_825392637258235904_n.jpg
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

So the rival takes at least 18 hours (that's when I finished mine) so hopefully she's just set to complete at the 24 hour mark. That definitely makes me more comfortable with this event.

The cheapest way I found to do this was to do all tasks except the mastery task. And then skip the episode when just the mastery task and the 5 second check-in were left. My times and amounts were the same as the original post and doing this allowed me to spend 10 SP total to complete the episode (no SP to speed anyone up) which was less then the 13-14 SP or 400,000 needed to do the mastery task.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I noticed the task time estimates seem to be pegged to 3 star items. If I used a 1 star item instead, it would add 30 minutes to a 2 hour task, for example.

And learned that (weirdly) the Medium Pine version of the Modern bookcase is 1 star, while the Walnut and Oak versions are 3 star.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I noticed the SP cost of skipping tasks does not seem related to length of tasks. For me, it was worth checking by starting, then cancelling to find the task that cost the most to speed up. I did that first, then moved to "cheaper" tasks. If I don't get back to game enough, I can speed up the least costly tasks.

Also compared my games (more than one) and a friend's games. Same tasks for same stated times but numbers were different on each one. Numbers meaning cost of SP to speed task and also number of repetitions needed (making coffee x8 in some games, x10 in another game.)
mockingbird288z

simsally wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 20:26 So the rival takes at least 18 hours (that's when I finished mine) so hopefully she's just set to complete at the 24 hour mark. That definitely makes me more comfortable with this event.

The cheapest way I found to do this was to do all tasks except the mastery task. And then skip the episode when just the mastery task and the 5 second check-in were left. My times and amounts were the same as the original post and doing this allowed me to spend 10 SP total to complete the episode (no SP to speed anyone up) which was less then the 13-14 SP or 400,000 needed to do the mastery task.

Yeah, that's what I said here :
mockingbird288z wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 04:59
Not sure why the bookshelf one gets the most - I would have thought the mastery sewing one would considering how much it costs. If you're hard up for cash it's probably best to do all the other tasks and then use the skip episode button to finish the mastering sewing task.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 20:48 I noticed the SP cost of skipping tasks does not seem related to length of tasks. For me, it was worth checking by starting, then cancelling to find the task that cost the most to speed up. I did that first, then moved to "cheaper" tasks. If I don't get back to game enough, I can speed up the least costly tasks.
Yep, we've already talked about that and how it's better to do the tasks that would take off the most SP from the total to skip an episode than just straight up do the longest first. :D
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

My first day was pretty good, have a plan on what to do.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

telemwill wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:53 At least the Sim rival appears to go fairly slow. Maybe she sleeps at night?

Ruth
Hahaha 🤣! I sure hope she continues to go slow 🤞🏼!!
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

mockingbird288z wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 04:11 It went down as I completed tasks. Had you guys already completed any tasks, by any chance?
I haven’t just yet, but I’m hoping to complete tasks soon.