[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by RubyRed »

I did two tasks and then just ground the sp needed to finish for the day. Was not that hard, 45 sp is not the bad to get. Truly when your have a cold.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

copperwood wrote: 02 May 2019, 04:46
Just wondering, did they increase cost and time for episode 3 again?
Overall time decreased from episode 2 by 4.5 hours
Cost for mastery tasks drastically decreased from episode 2 but still higher than episode 1(for me)
Cost to skip slightly increased by 3 sp from episode 2 (for me)

I would guess that the huge cost of episode 2 might be because episode 2 had a real prize. I'm not looking forward to episodes 5 and 7.

And, despite how quick the rival seem to start off with on episode 2 they still took the full 24 hours to finish their part. So we should try not to worry about that at all. Our rival is the clock (and FM).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34
It might actually just be decreased by 3 hours. I went to start the magazine task which it says should be 6 hours but when I tapped on Stack of Magazines (non-star item) it said 7 hours 30 minutes instead of 6. Or am I just blanking on any 3-star magazines and am using the wrong item?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:44
It might actually just be decreased by 3 hours. I went to start the magazine task which it says should be 6 hours but when I tapped on Stack of Magazines (non-star item) it said 7 hours 30 minutes instead of 6. Or am I just blanking on any 3-star magazines and am using the wrong item?
There's no such thing as 3 star magazine stacks in the game. I saw it as well and I sent a support ticket, hoping they'll respond someday. Just hoping that the bot won't be faster and I can do the long task overnight :roll:
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Well wonders never cease! I just got three pumpkins while spinning for SP but guess what? I am not spending them on this madness. Couldn't have completed the full chase because of other commitments anyway but after two days of this I've had enough like a few others.
mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2019, 03:34
It's got me thinking, does EA want to be done with FreePlay and instead of just announcing the end they're trying to milk people for all they've got while simultaneously running it into the ground so it's nothing like it once was and we'll all be glad when it's finally over?
Yes it makes you wonder if this is all part of some conniving scheme and that is the end game.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Is there a way to see how much time we have left for the day? I don’t remember exactly what time my 24 hours resets and I think my Day 2 is cutting it close (because I refuse to spend 9SP per Sim to finish the finding pennies action early so they’re on round 2...)
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
Raining Rainbow
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Raining Rainbow »

I am officially out of the quest as of last night. In the first episode, my game crashed and I lost hours of task progress because the Sims were all idle when it reloaded. I was several hours into tasks for Adulthood, Teachers Pet, and this Mother’s Day event. I already ranted above about the whole cost aspect, so this is another big issue. I restarted the tasks and carried on. In the second episode, I completed a task and it didn’t show as completed! The two hour refresher read from the bookshelf task. I am not competing for this one anymore.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

HanaV47 wrote: 02 May 2019, 11:04 Is there a way to see how much time we have left for the day? I don’t remember exactly what time my 24 hours resets and I think my Day 2 is cutting it close (because I refuse to spend 9SP per Sim to finish the finding pennies action early so they’re on round 2...)
Gambled on having enough time, ended up losing by literally 2 minutes. Oh well.

Aaaaand I’m out. It’s just too hard to keep up motivation when there aren’t prizes (real ones, not tokens or whatever) for every Episode. Good luck to all who soldier on!
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

CatharinaSophia wrote: 02 May 2019, 07:31
mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:44
There's no such thing as 3 star magazine stacks in the game. I saw it as well and I sent a support ticket, hoping they'll respond someday. Just hoping that the bot won't be faster and I can do the long task overnight :roll:
Seemed strange to me also. I tried setting magazines on 3 star furniture but no difference.

Watch out for movie marathon. Choose Endure movie marathon for 2 hours, not normal movie marathon. Look for event icon. I almost messed this up.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2019, 03:34 This is what's really got me worried about the future of the game. It used to be, no matter what, if you timed it all out you could complete every event without spending any in-game currency. I would only occasionally use LP to speed things up just to make the timing more convenient for me but it wasn't necessary for actually completing the event. Then we started having the events that used SP instead of LP. Annoying, but still doable with some timing. And now they've been slowly making the live events worse and the prices for the items people do manage to unlock have become insane - it's frustrating.

But this? These paywalls they've been doing? Insane. 8 million simoleons to start a unlock a new feature? about 4 million to do a pregnancy event? and who knows how much this one will cost by the end. It's got me thinking, does EA want to be done with FreePlay and instead of just announcing the end they're trying to milk people for all they've got while simultaneously running it into the ground so it's nothing like it once was and we'll all be glad when it's finally over?
this is certainly an interesting (and for all i know, very true) thought! :D it did use to be like that, manageable to wrap up anything with no use of LPs at all, much less millions of simoleans. guess those were the good old times, in contrast to the terrible horrible no good extra-capitalist times we have right now. :lol:
I'm really upset though, i liked this game, the way it was, casual thing to play during train rides or study breaks... everything just got terribly out of hand because of pure unfiltered greed and that's terribly frustrating. :C

Butterfly wrote: 01 May 2019, 23:05
randy_thrandy wrote: 01 May 2019, 19:21 we are seriously going to lose our minds over an imaginary rival, aren't we? :lol:

yesterday i f***ed up somehow bc the rival finished before me by a hair's breadth somehow. so i've decided to try and finish the second episode since i'm halfways through finding the pennies but then... i'm OUTTA THERE! stuff is too expensive for me to handle :) seriously. SPs don't grow on trees! or any other kind of plant, really, at least not ones you could grow /without/ spending 20 LPs per try :D
Omg 😮 randy_thrandy - that’s an understatement because I’m definitely losing m mind! This is nuts 🥜 and my hair is thinning 🤦🏽‍♀️...I don’t like losing in competitions.
sorry to hear that, butterfly!! you hang on in there! make some herbal tea and try to calm down a bit, it's just a game! losing in a simulation game isn't that important, i promise. the prizes in this s**tshow event aren't even that great, you won't miss out on much. are you still doing the event, going on with the episodes i mean? what's now, episode 3?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~