May Update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: May Update?

Post by Butterfly »

OMG 😲! I just got the update on my device too. I’m kinda scared of what to truly expect 🤭
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

copperwood wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 17:04 On one of the early preview videos it was recommended to start the simchase event at a time when you're able to play and I've also heard that the event starts as soon as you've updated the game. So I want to give a heads up. Don't update right before going to school or work. I will probably wait till early afternoon to update my game.
I have auto-updates turned off. But it's one of those updates that as soon as you open your game, it demands you update before you can play. So your only choice if you want to hold off updating to a better time is to shut down immediately.

I was going to reset my sims before bed and got the notice, for example. So I just shut down and will reopen in the morning and update then.

I wish they would just let you play the "old" version and update when you want.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

SKatF wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 05:10
copperwood wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 17:04 On one of the early preview videos it was recommended to start the simchase event at a time when you're able to play and I've also heard that the event starts as soon as you've updated the game. So I want to give a heads up. Don't update right before going to school or work. I will probably wait till early afternoon to update my game.
I have auto-updates turned off. But it's one of those updates that as soon as you open your game, it demands you update before you can play. So your only choice if you want to hold off updating to a better time is to shut down immediately.

I was going to reset my sims before bed and got the notice, for example. So I just shut down and will reopen in the morning and update then.

I don't like auto updates either. Even though the update has been available to me for a few hours now, I can still play the old version. The game hasn't tried to force me to update yet. Maybe after midnight.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

copperwood wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 05:18
SKatF wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 05:10

I don't like auto updates either. Even though the update has been available to me for a few hours now, I can still play the old version. The game hasn't tried to force me to update yet. Maybe after midnight.
I just realized I can still play pre-update on my android device although I couldn't on my Kindle. So I can reset my sims on their overnight tasks without updating. And I am deciding on an architect home that I believe will be unavailable after update (They usually are.). Not every device plays quite the same.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

i've got an olkder android tablet and my game was readily avaliable on april 30th, not updated. i updated later, manually, when i finally thought of it because i had remembered i read about an update due these days :D
the updated version is loading just now, let's see what terrror awaits within the new content :lol:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

This is going to be hell because I forgot I have a thing this weekend that I’ve done nothing to prepare for.🤦‍♀️ And I’ll be without internet access for part of the weekend because of my trip. Plus let’s not forget that updating at home can take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour vs a few minutes here at Starbucks.

Might as well back my ears and get to it.🙄🤦‍♀️😤 I HATE YOU FIREMONKEYS & SFP!!!
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

copperwood wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 22:19 Another heads up and more bad news. :twisted: :evil: The mastery tasks that you do in the park cost simoleons or SP's to start. The length of the task depends on which payment option you pick.
First episode cost for mastery task:
3 hours - 21,332 simoleons
2 hours 33 minutes - 32 SP
45 minutes - 36 SP

I wonder if the pricing is the same for the other episodes

The monkeys really outdid themselves this time. The prizes really don't seem worth all the time and game currency we have to invest.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of people will buy SP's at the store for this, which is why they push these events.
Well it looks like instead of SP's they get people to buy the Laura Craft version for this type of event. And a more expensive one at that.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

copperwood wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 15:14
copperwood wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 22:19 Another heads up and more bad news. :twisted: :evil: The mastery tasks that you do in the park cost simoleons or SP's to start. The length of the task depends on which payment option you pick.
45 minutes - 36 SP

The monkeys really outdid themselves this time. The prizes really don't seem worth all the time and game currency we have to invest.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of people will buy SP's at the store for this, which is why they push these events.
Well it looks like instead of SP's they get people to buy the Laura Craft version for this type of event. And a more expensive one at that.
agreed with all above! this is entirely crazy and then also the PRIZES cost offensive amounts of SPs and LPs as well!! have you seen it, in those preview vids?? 20 LP for an armchair?? forreal? :roll:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

randy_thrandy wrote: 01 May 2019, 19:22
copperwood wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 15:14
45 minutes - 36 SP

agreed with all above! this is entirely crazy and then also the PRIZES cost offensive amounts of SPs and LPs as well!! have you seen it, in those preview vids?? 20 LP for an armchair?? forreal? :roll:
I've seen the videos and the prices after the first free one. The main item I was interested in is the bathtub. And I'm sure it will show up in an architect home soon.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

copperwood wrote: 02 May 2019, 00:33 I've seen the videos and the prices after the first free one. The main item I was interested in is the bathtub. And I'm sure it will show up in an architect home soon.
teeth: bare
eyes: peeled
new house in simtown: built

we forcibly remove the desired bathtub from the architect home

no but srsly, i'm not into the bathtubs but i will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for the armchairs! :lol:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~