May Update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: May Update?

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I can not even begin to put into coherent words how much I am LOATHING FireMonkeys right now!!! To say it is with the white-hot heat of a billion suns barely begins to cover it.

I don’t see a lot to like in this update. But what I really wish is that we could have more than a few days before the next event starts. Having a new one so quickly on the heels of the last one is completely asinine.

I could go on and on but I won’t make y’all listen to me scream more nasty things at FM.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

On one of the early preview videos it was recommended to start the simchase event at a time when you're able to play and I've also heard that the event starts as soon as you've updated the game. So I want to give a heads up. Don't update right before going to school or work. I will probably wait till early afternoon to update my game.

Another tip was to save the game tokens for the last episode which is supposed to be the hardest.
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

copperwood wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 17:04 On one of the early preview videos it was recommended to start the simchase event at a time when you're able to play and I've also heard that the event starts as soon as you've updated the game. So I want to give a heads up. Don't update right before going to school or work. I will probably wait till early afternoon to update my game.

Another tip was to save the game tokens for the last episode which is supposed to be the hardest.
I already dislike this Simchase event. I know that next Tuesday I'll not be able to be online. Guess what... that's the last day of the event and you can't start the day early or use LP to skip. Besides that, it's a waste to 'give' those items to the computer rival Sim, I mean, they won't be building houses with it? I guess we also can't use our VIP tokens for it, even though their description states you'll 'never miss out on a prize again'.
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

this simchase thing sounds positively horrifying! :O the breakfast in bed animation is cute but at the moment it seems like you'd have to go through a lot of nerve-wrecking experiences to attain it ...
also the prices, i'm just ... 20LP for an armchair? as if.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I think I’ll be giving it a miss. The way the game has become stacked against players makes it unlikely that we will be getting much in the way of prizes. Unless of course we buy SP’s. Apart from all that,the competing nature of this is not the way I want to play the game.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

mockingbird288z wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 00:23
simmare wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 23:51 Anyone know what the Maternity Bonus Prize is all about? Please, please not another pregnancy event! The Sim limit is too low for this!
I'm pretty sure it's another pregnancy event - that's the same terminology they used for the prizes for the pregnancy events in this update. :(
:sigh: It breaks my poor little completist heart to leave a prize unwon, but I'll have to pass on this. Realistically, I'll never use the prize anyway. I'm at the sim limit, so I'll likely never have a pregnant sim again. And I'm not about to blow SPs just to win ONE top and ONE pair of pants.

Not loving the idea of the Sim Chase either. Sounds too much like pregnancy events. And would it really kill them to give us one update without a live event?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Another heads up and more bad news. :twisted: :evil: The mastery tasks that you do in the park cost simoleons or SP's to start. The length of the task depends on which payment option you pick.
First episode cost for mastery task:
3 hours - 21,332 simoleons
2 hours 33 minutes - 32 SP
45 minutes - 36 SP

I wonder if the pricing is the same for the other episodes

The monkeys really outdid themselves this time. The prizes really don't seem worth all the time and game currency we have to invest.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of people will buy SP's at the store for this, which is why they push these events.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

I'll be away for a long weekend so I know I can't possibly complete this. Is it worth trying to complete two or three days for whatever prizes? It sounds really REALLY stressful from all the comments and I've not recovered from the last one yet so I'm inclined to forego it altogether :cry: they've really worked one on us this time :cry: :cry:
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

I will be goign to see how well I do, pulled things out and not payed a dime to win them. Though ya this could mean grinding LP to spin a plant if I haft to. Not hard, just takes a lot of time.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Well, mine is updating now. So it might be interesting to see how it goes.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.