All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Wedding Presents

Post by bloodredroses01 »

How’s this for irony?

After throughly slagging off FM & SFP earlier what happens when I’m doing the tutorial but that when doing the ‘use a spin flower’ part I get 3 GRASSHOPPERS!!!🤦‍♀️ :roll: :shock: :o :lol:
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 12:00 To say I’m underwhelmed about all the prizes and their cost is very much an understatement.🤦‍♀️

If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m a bit of a completist and control freak I sooo wouldn’t be bothering with this latest event. As it is I’ll play but do my best not to freak if I’m not able to time everything down to the minute which is what’s happened in the past. Part of the reason for the (hopefully) lackadaisical attitude is that the prizes are things I’m unlikely to buy after getting the free one. Especially the stupid car.🙄 I mean, am I wrong in thinking that until FM started jacking the prices into the stratosphere §2,000,000 would be most (if not all) of the cost of many of the fancier non-architect houses on a premium lot? How are newer and less active players supposed to find fun and enjoyment in the over-priced grindfest that SFP has become?

And speaking of outrageous prices, I think we should no longer call them events or quests or whatever but instead call them exactly what they are - money grabs. So, for example, this one is the Wedding Presents Money Grab. Why not tell the truth instead of trying to sugar-coat it?

Okay ::sigh:: early morning rant over. Sorry and thanks for “listening”.
feel you 100! also morning rants and other-time-of-day rants are automatically forgiven, especially when one sees the price of that very regular and underwhelming grey shag rug. :lol:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

I already have the updo hairstyle for adults in my wardrobe, in black color only. Teenagers got it in all colors with the "Teen Life" hobby event previously. The black version for adults does not seem to be included with the prices for this life event, does anyone remember where we got it from?
Screenshot_2019-04-20-22-00-26.png
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Thuraya wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 21:36 I already have the updo hairstyle for adults in my wardrobe, in black color only. Teenagers got it in all colors with the "Teen Life" hobby event previously. The black version for adults does not seem to be included with the prices for this life event, does anyone remember where we got it from?Screenshot_2019-04-20-22-00-26.png
This online pack, probably. That's where I got mine from.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

So if my calculations are correct, you can't finish this event if you unlock the glassware station after day 1 and you only do the 8.5h option. Unless... you spend SP of course =D
Ughh, this is annoying :roll:
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Aalinnutza »

Honestly I am starting to dread opening my sims app and worrying about another time limit event. Like some of the other players I like finishing events even if I don’t use most of the prizes I win, but I swear we just finished with the last one a couple of weeks ago. I just can’t deal with how often they decided to do this events. They should be special, once every three months (it takes me that long to recover). I found that after the last event I could not open the game for about a week because I did not want to play it anymore. They need to listen to their players. Or even hardcore fans of the game that have been playing it for years and spend actual money on it, like myself are going to honestly to god delete the app. (Rant over and apologises)
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Aalinnutza wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 06:22 Honestly I am starting to dread opening my sims app and worrying about another time limit event. Like some of the other players I like finishing events even if I don’t use most of the prizes I win, but I swear we just finished with the last one a couple of weeks ago. I just can’t deal with how often they decided to do this events. They should be special, once every three months (it takes me that long to recover). I found that after the last event I could not open the game for about a week because I did not want to play it anymore. They need to listen to their players. Or even hardcore fans of the game that have been playing it for years and spend actual money on it, like myself are going to honestly to god delete the app. (Rant over and apologises)
I completely and utterly agree with you. Maybe 3 months would be a little on the longer side, but definitely more permanent additions instead of temporary ones.
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

CatharinaSophia wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 07:06
Aalinnutza wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 06:22 Honestly I am starting to dread opening my sims app and worrying about another time limit event. Like some of the other players I like finishing events even if I don’t use most of the prizes I win, but I swear we just finished with the last one a couple of weeks ago. I just can’t deal with how often they decided to do this events. They should be special, once every three months (it takes me that long to recover). I found that after the last event I could not open the game for about a week because I did not want to play it anymore. They need to listen to their players. Or even hardcore fans of the game that have been playing it for years and spend actual money on it, like myself are going to honestly to god delete the app. (Rant over and apologises)
I completely and utterly agree with you. Maybe 3 months would be a little on the longer side, but definitely more permanent additions instead of temporary ones.
Certainly not 1-3 (including repeats) every update. And I hope we never have 2 new ones in the same update again!! I fear we responded too positively to the first one and FM took that and ran with it. Or, more likely, they got a huge uptick in SP purchases during that time and decided to forgo all other things in the game in favor of concentrating on live events to shove down our throats. They've practically abandoned expanding the game in any real way and are just now making "new" items that are just slight variations of other items. It's very disappointing.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I agree, but unfortunately, I think people like us are in the minority. Younguns who are attached at the hip to their phones are bored to death if there isn't something new constantly and if they took a break any longer than a few weeks, they'd move on to the next shiny thing.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

chamilet wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 14:09
I agree, but unfortunately, I think people like us are in the minority. Younguns who are attached at the hip to their phones are bored to death if there isn't something new constantly and if they took a break any longer than a few weeks, they'd move on to the next shiny thing.
I'm attached to the hand with my phone, not too old, but even I'd like some more relaxing gameplay :lol:
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?