[Event] Pregnancy Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [Event] Pregnancy Event

Post by SKatF »

Well, started again. I had hoped for improvement in requirements in community tasks.

Mid April I did one that had one that required Share parenting task 20 times (40 sims) more than once, plus many other tasks requiring large numbers of sims. There were 34 community tasks, 2 of which gave less than the normal 3% progress. I was especially indignant when there was 1% progress after a 13.5 hour task!

In late April, several players reported that the numbers, while still difficult, seemed a bit easier. I did a pregnancy and found the Share Advice was only 9 times (18 sims) and some other tasks required fewer also. There were 32 tasks, none less than 3% progress.

So I was hopeful. But I just got Share Advice 16 times. I don't have 32 adult/teen/senior sims. (You can use teen or senior if you pair with an adult.) Sigh.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I’m sitting this one out! Too much work for too little reward. I’m becoming very ambivalent about events. The ones I do, I do what I can and get what I can without driving myself nuts and I’m ok with not doing them at all these days if it involves stress.

I’ve never liked the pregnancy thing personally. I did enough to get the furniture prizes at the start. Now I’m happy to introduce new babies the old fashioned way.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

OMG 😲! These pregnancy events are tiresome, expensive, and redundant in repeating tasks...😩🤯
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm just looking to unlock furniture in pregnancy store and maybe enough super sims to speed up crafting events a bit. Right now I have 2 and put them on glassware.

It sure is messing with my family relationships, though. Wish we could reset those.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

SKatF wrote: 20 May 2019, 18:42 Well, started again. I had hoped for improvement in requirements in community tasks.

Mid April I did one that had one that required Share parenting task 20 times (40 sims) more than once, plus many other tasks requiring large numbers of sims. There were 34 community tasks, 2 of which gave less than the normal 3% progress. I was especially indignant when there was 1% progress after a 13.5 hour task!

In late April, several players reported that the numbers, while still difficult, seemed a bit easier. I did a pregnancy and found the Share Advice was only 9 times (18 sims) and some other tasks required fewer also. There were 32 tasks, none less than 3% progress.

So I was hopeful. But I just got Share Advice 16 times. I don't have 32 adult/teen/senior sims. (You can use teen or senior if you pair with an adult.) Sigh.
My second community task was Share Advice 19 times. I had to do it in 2 rounds - good thing I had to get up really early this morning. I really wish they'd just put this stuff in the maternity shop. I have around 150K tokens that I can't use for anything. Double sigh.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

does anyone have any idea as to what's the price for the wallpaper? the mint wainscot thingy?
i've decided to do this event (what a fool) because i still have some furniture left in the maternity store to buy and i need the tokens. if i manage to score the special prize on top of it, all the better. i do however hope the tasks and times and sims required won't be too crazy bc ... :roll:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

randy_thrandy wrote: 22 May 2019, 15:35 does anyone have any idea as to what's the price for the wallpaper? the mint wainscot thingy?
i've decided to do this event (what a fool) because i still have some furniture left in the maternity store to buy and i need the tokens. if i manage to score the special prize on top of it, all the better. i do however hope the tasks and times and sims required won't be too crazy bc ... :roll:
In my town there is a pregnant sim, too, with the same hopes for the support tasks. Some of my sims are going to grow older and a baby is wanted for some weekly tasks. I don't know if I'll use the items from the maternity store or the prize 🤷‍♀️

Here are the prices of the wallpapers.
Attachments
BDA5FEE7-29F1-4479-B400-71D308E8858B.jpeg
7BEA3C3B-0F89-48AA-92FB-5E4BFF0766EE.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

thank you, Erin! so far my tasks have been bearable (i just got the hellish 'give parenting advice to 14 sims) which will require 2 turns bc i don't have enough sims), i hope yours are too!

i'm glad the maternity store wallpapers are all ... /affordable/ :D i was however wondering if the special prize mint wallpaper is going to be affordable as well or are they gonna shove SPs on it. i noticed somwhere that the rocking chair in this prize pack comes for SPs so i'm really hoping that if i manage to unlock it, it won't be another overly pricey wallpaper i'll never be able to use. :S
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

randy_thrandy wrote: 24 May 2019, 14:20 thank you, Erin! so far my tasks have been bearable (i just got the hellish 'give parenting advice to 14 sims) which will require 2 turns bc i don't have enough sims), i hope yours are too!

[…]
You're welcome!

Well, I got the parenting advice to 20 sims and had to complete 2 turns as well. What bugs me more is that some short tasks start late in the evening, so I'm going to lose several hours because I'm in bed already when they are done. I never set alarms at night. At the end of the last pregnancy event the support tasks caught up and possibly it does again :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The awful support tasks aside, they need to do something about the ridiculous cost for the yoga instructor and doctor. Like have it charge so much for the "at home" service but get far cheaper options at the hospital and gym. It would at least be a way to incorporate the other buildings around town. So many things in this game are build once, do they quest/event, and then forget about. There's a hospital in the game! Why is the doctor materializing in the front yard!?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update