[LIVE EVENT] Grand Garages Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Grand Garages Live Event

Post by simmare »

And the problem continues with the "unlock or buy a prize" daily goal. I unlocked the garage washer/dryer packs and that didn't count. Unlocking CCs a bit later did. Weird.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

i only found out about this right now (17th march), as life has kept me preeeeetty busy lately. let's see what happens when i update the game! :D
okay so i got 9 days left in the event after updating. kinda okay, actually. i like the final prize garage home house or whatever. the other prizes, tho... horribly poor?? we don't even get different shades of those garage items?? the bins gotta be unlocked separately? first blue and then green? GARBAGE BIN?! you kidding, EA ?!

simmare wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 05:08 And the problem continues with the "unlock or buy a prize" daily goal. I unlocked the garage washer/dryer packs and that didn't count. Unlocking CCs a bit later did. Weird.
yea about that, i don't think it ever counted as 'unlocking' if you just reached that point on the line where buying certain items became avaliable. i don't think this is new, sorry! it however sucks, i agree. :S
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

ErinPW wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:49 The milestones will give 128 CCs, plus 1 every 24 hours and 32 + 10 after completing the daily goals.

Here are screenshots of the prizes in homestore after placing the free items.
sorry, i'm kinda tired today and all, can someone please confirm for me i'm seeing the prices right? 15 LP for a TRASH CAN!? 150000 simoleans for another trash can, blue edition"!? i feel like i'm havign a stroke, i mean ...
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

randy_thrandy wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 12:06
ErinPW wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:49 The milestones will give 128 CCs, plus 1 every 24 hours and 32 + 10 after completing the daily goals.

sorry, i'm kinda tired today and all, can someone please confirm for me i'm seeing the prices right? 15 LP for a TRASH CAN!? 150000 simoleans for another trash can, blue edition"!? i feel like i'm havign a stroke, i mean ...
Unfortunately, yes. My favorite is the §62,000 for a tiny, one-square cleaning bucket.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 18:20

Unfortunately, yes. My favorite is the §62,000 for a tiny, one-square cleaning bucket.
Our sims need a pay raise badly. A sim has to work a whole month (including weekends) for a cleaning bucket.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Am I crazy for not minding the prices for all this stuff? I'm on the old daily reward cycle and am always looking for ways to spend simoleons. I feel really bad for those who get such a limited reward now and have to work so hard to buy any of these things beyond the free ones.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

simmare wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 21:29 Am I crazy for not minding the prices for all this stuff? I'm on the old daily reward cycle and am always looking for ways to spend simoleons. I feel really bad for those who get such a limited reward now and have to work so hard to buy any of these things beyond the free ones.
I have the old reward, too. I get over 12 million simoleons in my daily reward every day. I was able to start the new Feature quest without a thought and less than a day later was at the max allowed simoleons again. And yet, I feel for and understand all the players who are not as lucky as we are. I don't bother trying to spend simoelons - I often collect my daily reward when I'm already at the max and all those simoleons just disappear. Since I don't care about using up all my daily reward and can afford the prices either way, I would prefer that they be lowered so that everyone can enjoy the game and get to use the prizes they worked so hard to unlock.

Put it simply, whether you can afford it or not you have to agree that the prices have gotten out of hand and are extremely unrealistic right now.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 22:01
simmare wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 21:29 Am I crazy for not minding the prices for all this stuff? I'm on the old daily reward cycle and am always looking for ways to spend simoleons. I feel really bad for those who get such a limited reward now and have to work so hard to buy any of these things beyond the free ones.
I have the old reward, too. I get over 12 million simoleons in my daily reward every day. I was able to start the new Feature quest without a thought and less than a day later was at the max allowed simoleons again. And yet, I feel for and understand all the players who are not as lucky as we are. I don't bother trying to spend simoelons - I often collect my daily reward when I'm already at the max and all those simoleons just disappear. Since I don't care about using up all my daily reward and can afford the prices either way, I would prefer that they be lowered so that everyone can enjoy the game and get to use the prizes they worked so hard to unlock.

Put it simply, whether you can afford it or not you have to agree that the prices have gotten out of hand and are extremely unrealistic right now.
I've played a few years now and I'm on the low reward scale. I get 12,844 daily with a town value of over 444 million. Us newer players definitely get screwed.

Maybe we have to start a campaign to give them 1 star reviews in the app store and letting them know why.
mockingbird288z

copperwood wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 22:25
mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 22:01

I've played a few years now and I'm on the low reward scale. I get 12,844 daily with a town value of over 444 million. Us newer players definitely get screwed.

Maybe we have to start a campaign to give them 1 star reviews in the app store and letting them know why.
Some sort of mass campaign like that might work. And/or a boycott of the online store.

As it stands right now it would take you 631 days to save up to unlock the Cars in Lots feature quest. You could shave some time off of that by grinding for simoleons but that would also mean less time spent grinding for LP and SP and not spending any simoleons on anything else. That's beyond ridiculous. We all know they aren't expecting people to save up 2.5 years to be able to do that quest. They're expecting people to give up and spend the $20-$50 dollars on simoleons in the online store to get the money to do it now.

Half the time I expect them to take my daily reward away and half of the time I think they let us older players keep it to "show off" the new features and make the newer players envious and more willing to spend the real life money to "keep up". I still don't fully update without testing the update on one device and making sure I still have my daily reward. I would not be able to cope with the daily reward most people get.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

copperwood wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 18:51
mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 18:20

Our sims need a pay raise badly. A sim has to work a whole month (including weekends) for a cleaning bucket.
you know i'm like tired and sad and disappointed in this game and all sort of stuff but this made me laugh. christ jesus lord in what world does the simulation of a person have to work for a month, cleaning from 9 to 5 with, idk his bare hands to be able to afford a CLEANING BUCKET !!! ...to use to keep on working so that maybe next month he can AFFORD THE GREEN TRASH CAN! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know sims dont use the cleaning bucket to work but like... imagine. just imagine the dystopian world of sims freeplay. :roll:

i'm really feeling cheated bc i missed the times of that sweet ginormous daily reward. if only they hadn't changed those rules and f**ked all of us newer players over like that.... i would love to know what it feels like to just trash those simoleans around freely like some sim version of corrupted billionaire! :o

ps: i'm totally in for whatever campign. i never actually used any real money in the game so far, so i think i'm doing okay, campaign-wise! :D it would be really cool to try something tho because the prices just keep getting higher and it's really unfair. i don't see why would any of the new fresh penniless players even want to keep playing once they find out the state of the game economics. :/
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~