[LIVE EVENT] Grand Garages Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
TwilightMoon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Grand Garages Live Event

Post by TwilightMoon »

Sorry...in that sentence I should've said re-unlock instead of re-purchase because even if it's a different color....it still requires the most resources, so in essence aren't we acquiring/unlocking another roof, but simply a different color. If the A-frame roof is "already" unlocked, and we're only getting a different color, why is it so challenging to obtain.... for simply another color.:)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

TwilightMoon wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 23:35 Sorry...in that sentence I should've said re-unlock instead of re-purchase because even if it's a different color....it still requires the most resources, so in essence aren't we acquiring/unlocking another roof, but simply a different color. If the A-frame roof is "already" unlocked, and we're only getting a different color, why is it so challenging to obtain.... for simply another color.:)
I think the fact that it gives the roof an A-frame shape is what's throwing you. The A-Frame roof is not what is "already unlocked" what was already unlocked (for those who did the Missing Claus quest) is the A-Frame roof in the slate color. And now we have to unlock the A-Frame roof in the dark slate color. And if they add more flat roofs in an event like this we would have to unlock the new flat roof - we aren't automatically given the flat roofs just because we already have flat roofs unlocked.

This is how FreePlay does things all the time. Like the rugs - they added a bunch of rugs in different patterns and colors. When they added more rugs in the same patterns but different colors those who had the first rugs didn't automatically get the new rugs just because they already had the same patterns in different colors.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There's another difference to the A-Frame Slate roof. Have a look at the exterior walls at the ground floor and the upper floor. The older A-Frame roof doesn't do that.
Attachments
A-Frame Dark Slate
A-Frame Dark Slate
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 21:07 I've got a screenshot of the congrats popup.

"These lots also have extra space, allowing you to build up to the footpath."

To me this sounds like the lots have been enlarged but obviously there's no additional space. Wish, all the lots could have this space to the footpath at least for plants and deco.
Thanks. I posted my beef on facebook.
TwilightMoon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TwilightMoon »

Thanks for the info....I guess I stand corrected :?
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 23:27
TwilightMoon wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 22:21 Hi Guys....This may be too little too late but yes, they did state that there would be more space to build on the new lot. It’s included in the description/preview of the Family Garage Home located in the list of requirements necessary to unlock the new template. I have included a copy of it for you. (Sorry guys, I just attempted to attach the photo but I got an error message that said the file was too large/and i’m about to start dinner and do not have time for technical stuff right now).
Yes, Erin's post cleared that up. :)
The message twighlightmoon is referring to is phrased differently than in the screenshot Erin posted. It just says "these driveway homes give more space to build" without mentioning the footpath. I think it's really misleading and I'm glad I didn't spend a ton of SPs to purchase the requirements necessary to unlock the lot. I don't care about assigning extra cars to sims, I just wish they'd make it easy to get rid of a car so you can move a car from one sim to another a different house.
mockingbird288z

tangerine wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 18:05
mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 23:27
TwilightMoon wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 22:21 Hi Guys....This may be too little too late but yes, they did state that there would be more space to build on the new lot. It’s included in the description/preview of the Family Garage Home located in the list of requirements necessary to unlock the new template. I have included a copy of it for you. (Sorry guys, I just attempted to attach the photo but I got an error message that said the file was too large/and i’m about to start dinner and do not have time for technical stuff right now).
Yes, Erin's post cleared that up. :)
The message twighlightmoon is referring to is phrased differently than in the screenshot Erin posted. It just says "these driveway homes give more space to build" without mentioning the footpath. I think it's really misleading and I'm glad I didn't spend a ton of SPs to purchase the requirements necessary to unlock the lot. I don't care about assigning extra cars to sims, I just wish they'd make it easy to get rid of a car so you can move a car from one sim to another a different house.
The whole thing was I just wanted to know if they outright said that there would be more space. Erin's screenshot clearly showed they outright said there would be more space. :)
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

...wow, the sheer number of single CC spins I'm getting this event is staggering. Either I'm way less lucky than usual or they've screwed with the numbers : P
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 19:41 The whole thing was I just wanted to know if they outright said that there would be more space. Erin's screenshot clearly showed they outright said there would be more space. :)
They said it even twice. First time here:

And second time in Erin's screenshot.

More space to build could be some excuse for extremely high requirements in this live event, but they didn't give it to us. During this live event I checked my game 5 times a day and set 8.5 hour crafting shift for a night, I was extremely lucky with CC spins but still didn't get enough resources to get all prizes. I have to spend ~150 SPs to get house template and it is A LOT OF SPs for me. :x
Mariel Bravef wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 21:14 ...wow, the sheer number of single CC spins I'm getting this event is staggering. Either I'm way less lucky than usual or they've screwed with the numbers : P
I usually do all the spins at the end of event because that way I get more CCs. First 2-3 spins usually give me few CCs. During this live event I won 2 triple grasshoppers and it was first time ever.
mockingbird288z

JaneRoettinger wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 15:00
mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 19:41 The whole thing was I just wanted to know if they outright said that there would be more space. Erin's screenshot clearly showed they outright said there would be more space. :)
They said it even twice. First time here:

And second time in Erin's screenshot.

More space to build could be some excuse for extremely high requirements in this live event, but they didn't give it to us. During this live event I checked my game 5 times a day and set 8.5 hour crafting shift for a night, I was extremely lucky with CC spins but still didn't get enough resources to get all prizes. I have to spend ~150 SPs to get house template and it is A LOT OF SPs for me. :x
Mariel Bravef wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 21:14 ...wow, the sheer number of single CC spins I'm getting this event is staggering. Either I'm way less lucky than usual or they've screwed with the numbers : P
I usually do all the spins at the end of event because that way I get more CCs. First 2-3 spins usually give me few CCs. During this live event I won 2 triple grasshoppers and it was first time ever.
I get it guys! I said I was grabbing my pitchfork!