(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Grand Garages Live Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 20:41
mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 18:13
SKatF wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 17:40
kls1st wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 17:34 It’s the same. 18x36. :roll:
Thanks. False statement by EA saying lot was bigger. Wish I'd made a screenshot. I'd call them on it.
The only screenshot I have says "Driveway Lots also allow you to build your house up to the footpath!".

Did they actually say somewhere else in the game that the lots were larger or did someone just misinterpret what was said and then repeated the misinterpretation? It's easy to misinterpret, for sure, though. But all the screenshot I have says is basically "Driveway Lots have moved the buildable area to touch the footpath".
I'm pretty sure I read it carefully. It was a lengthy notice right after you claimed the garage lot template.
Okay, I don't take screenshots of those screens so I don't have any of those pop ups. I was just curious if they did explicitly say somewhere that the driveway lots had more space.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I've got a screenshot of the congrats popup.

"These lots also have extra space, allowing you to build up to the footpath."

To me this sounds like the lots have been enlarged but obviously there's no additional space. Wish, all the lots could have this space to the footpath at least for plants and deco.
Attachments
677081D0-C771-4AFA-AF42-D12AB1DCE249.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 21:07 I've got a screenshot of the congrats popup.

"These lots also have extra space, allowing you to build up to the footpath."

To me this sounds like the lots have been enlarged but obviously there's no additional space. Wish, all the lots could have this space to the footpath at least for plants and deco.
Alright, I'll grab my pitchfork!

For real, though. They can't say there's more space but then not actually add more space.
TwilightMoon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TwilightMoon »

Hi Guys....This may be too little too late but yes, they did state that there would be more space to build on the new lot. It’s included in the description/preview of the Family Garage Home located in the list of requirements necessary to unlock the new template. I have included a copy of it for you. (Sorry guys, I just attempted to attach the photo but I got an error message that said the file was too large/and i’m about to start dinner and do not have time for technical stuff right now). Now...that being said is anyone other than me ticked that we are required to basically RE-PURCHASE THE A-FRAME ROOF THAT WE ALREADY UNLOCKED WITH THE FARMHOUSE LIVING UPDATE. That’s soo unfair. Not to mention I purchased additional sp’s to make sure that I was able to complete this event and I STILL DIDN’T COMPLETE IT!!! If I didn’t have to try to obtain enough requirements to re-unlock that roof...I WOULD’VE FINISHED!! I’ve been playing SFP a looong time, and I’m sure me, like many other players thought that this home template was the cutest thing ever and a long time coming and something we would love to add to our collection but they make it so nearly impossible nowadays to complete their quests/events, etc... without digging in your pockets that it’s just plain ludicrous. :x Thanks for listening. ;) :roll:
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

I got it, took me a while of grinding LP, but I got it.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

TwilightMoon wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 22:21 Now...that being said is anyone other than me ticked that we are required to basically RE-PURCHASE THE A-FRAME ROOF THAT WE ALREADY UNLOCKED WITH THE FARMHOUSE LIVING UPDATE. That’s soo unfair.
I think the A-Frame roof for this event was in a different colour than the Farmhouse roof...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I didn't get the template so it's no bother for me, but in Make2's video they said that the first template for a premium lot cost Simoleons instead of being free. Yet AFTER the template was built, it was free on the standard lot.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

I am building it on a large lot and the first one was free.
mockingbird288z

3luv4eva3 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 22:44 I didn't get the template so it's no bother for me, but in Make2's video they said that the first template for a premium lot cost Simoleons instead of being free. Yet AFTER the template was built, it was free on the standard lot.
In my test game the first house was free on a premium lot. Probably one of those changes from early release to actual update.
mockingbird288z

TwilightMoon wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 22:21 Hi Guys....This may be too little too late but yes, they did state that there would be more space to build on the new lot. It’s included in the description/preview of the Family Garage Home located in the list of requirements necessary to unlock the new template. I have included a copy of it for you. (Sorry guys, I just attempted to attach the photo but I got an error message that said the file was too large/and i’m about to start dinner and do not have time for technical stuff right now).
Yes, Erin's post cleared that up. :)
TwilightMoon wrote:Now...that being said is anyone other than me ticked that we are required to basically RE-PURCHASE THE A-FRAME ROOF THAT WE ALREADY UNLOCKED WITH THE FARMHOUSE LIVING UPDATE. That’s soo unfair. Not to mention I purchased additional sp’s to make sure that I was able to complete this event and I STILL DIDN’T COMPLETE IT!!! If I didn’t have to try to obtain enough requirements to re-unlock that roof...I WOULD’VE FINISHED!! I’ve been playing SFP a looong time, and I’m sure me, like many other players thought that this home template was the cutest thing ever and a long time coming and something we would love to add to our collection but they make it so nearly impossible nowadays to complete their quests/events, etc... without digging in your pockets that it’s just plain ludicrous. :x Thanks for listening. ;) :roll:
It's not the same A-Frame. The A-Frame unlocked during the Missing Claus quest is called A-Frame Slate while the one unlocked from the Grand Garages Live Event is called A-Frame Dark Slate. We aren't having to unlock the same roof again. We are unlocking a darker roof.