Adverts during gameplay

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Adverts during gameplay

Post by -Caz- »

Sims FreePlay have announced on Twitter that we will start to get video adverts after random actions:

“Hey Simmers, alongside the Refined Romance update launch, a portion of you may notice video ads now appear after completing actions. These video ads will provide rewards upon completion ranging from a free quick complete free item, or bonus Simoleons/XP on an action

These video ads will only play a limited number of times per day. We aren’t removing ad rewards via the Paper Boy, meaning you’ll be able to view those to receive the same goodies.

If you are VIP level 3+, you can opt-out of this in Settings. We will be keeping a keen eye on this over the coming updates”

Looks like it will only be a trial at first, with not everyone getting these yet.

Thoughts?

Personally I’m quite mad with this. I understand the need for adverts/sponsor but the nature of the game means I sometimes have to pop on to do a few quick actions and this could prevent that if I don’t have much time or low battery. It just seems disruptive. If they want to add more videos I’d rather have to watch to get my daily reward, party boat and workplace resource spins.
Attachments
5F209480-F54C-41A4-8DB7-623CBE16D66E.jpeg
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Adverts during gameplay

Post by JaneRoettinger »

My game often crashes because of video ads so I never watched them. I don't like this change very much.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

In short — *another* bloody MONEY GRAB!!!

1) To be able to opt out you have to spend RL money to get to VIP level 3.
2) New and lower level players (both over all and VIP) will, if they want badly needed resources/items, will be sucked into watching the ads and by doing so, most likely, will earn RL money for FIREMONKEY and/or EA Games.
3) Higher level over all & VIP level 3+ players that have not completed all the quests/events or bought all the packs from the in-game store will have to weigh the choice between wasting time watching the ads or giving up a chance to get items they don’t have.

Those are the “cons” that I can come up with right off the top of my head and I can’t come up with a single “pro” thing about it. I personally think this is a rotten deal all around.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

It would be ok if there was a "skip ad" option each time. A bit annoying if you never watch ads, but ok if, like me, you do if you have time.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I watch the Paper Boy ads at least once per day. I'm not too bothered (I've found that I'm watching ads a lot of the time anyway, especially after having to remove those Sim-Eating Plants. But this was before this change was announced) - but the free item after watching the ad better be worth it (No XP thanks).

What they should do (Not just for this change, but the Paper Boy as well) is offer us Simoleons, XP, LP, SP and a free item like normal, but instead, we get to CHOOSE what item we want (Because I know what items I'd want). It'd make the ad a lot more worth it imo.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

The ads have been really annoying when I'm trying to complete those 1 minute cooking hobby. Tbh I don't recall getting any rewards after being forced to watch the ad. I don't even watch the ad from the Paper Boy since the rewards didn't seem worth it for me
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

I hate that they are usually for XP or simoleans because I am already at level 55 and my simoleans are generally maxed out. I hope they change the prizes to something players are in need of whether it is items or SP, LP, etc.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I have gotten the ads three times. All three times I got a message from Osiris saying he had quick completed the action. Twice I had no action I wanted to quick complete. (I choose long actions for a reason.) The third time I was petting the pig, and when I tapped on the Sim, the action did complete. Doesn't seem worth watching an ad for though.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

oh dear sweet jesus are they getting GREEDY!!

if they don't cut this shit out any time soon i'll stop playing their silly, money grubbing little ''freeplay'' game. i mean it's bad as it is with all the news unbelievable prices on new things unlocked via events or quests and the ads you're offered in the marketplace events crash more often than not and the unbelievable prices in the online store where you can get a whole extra sim for the absolutely ludicrous 50 dollars or so but THIS this is just ... no thanks.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

I’m past vip 3 but that’s not the point. They’re approaching Sims mobile levels of greed and I’ve all but dropped that game.

I feel another long hiatus coming. :evil: