[QUEST] Missing Claus

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Missing Claus

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Randy, I believe the floors/wallpapers for the farmhouse are the ones that cost LP/SP. If you haven’t built it and/or tried to use the floors/wallpapers you might not see the prices yet. So you’re not going crazy!😁 (But FM IS beyond insane!)
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 26 Dec 2018, 23:05 Randy, I believe the floors/wallpapers for the farmhouse are the ones that cost LP/SP. If you haven’t built it and/or tried to use the floors/wallpapers you might not see the prices yet. So you’re not going crazy!😁 (But FM IS beyond insane!)
oh dear, you must be right, i haven't used any of those yet so they must still be showing the ''free x 1'' label in my architect tab.

canny imagine a situation i'd use floors or walpapers that cost LPs and SPs, tho. i mean except right after winning the lottery. :roll:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
adm82020
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by adm82020 »

I have a question. My phone crashed before saving game, after completing Missing Claus Quest, my last save was day 10. Will we get another opportunity to redo this or are we just out of luck?
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

adm82020 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 20:05 I have a question. My phone crashed before saving game, after completing Missing Claus Quest, my last save was day 10. Will we get another opportunity to redo this or are we just out of luck?
It is quite likely that this event will occur again at some point as the 2017 Christmas Quest came back around September/October last year. It might be a few months before it comes back, but fingers crossed for you and any other unlucky players that the quest comes back before next Christmas.

Should the quest come back, it'll start from where you finished so if you completed Day 10, you should start with the Day 11.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 20:26
adm82020 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 20:05 I have a question. My phone crashed before saving game, after completing Missing Claus Quest, my last save was day 10. Will we get another opportunity to redo this or are we just out of luck?
It is quite likely that this event will occur again at some point as the 2017 Christmas Quest came back around September/October last year. It might be a few months before it comes back, but fingers crossed for you and any other unlucky players that the quest comes back before next Christmas.

Should the quest come back, it'll start from where you finished so if you completed Day 10, you should start with the Day 11.
So sorry you missed the final prize. Some Christmas gift from EA wasn't it?

In 2018, the repeat of the Holiday 2017 quest did NOT start where you left off. You had to do it all over again to get the final prize even if you'd done all but the last day the first time. It happened to me. It was a drag, but still worth the ski lodge template. And I think Santa's farmhouse would be worth a redo also.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

SKatF wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 23:09

In 2018, the repeat of the Holiday 2017 quest did NOT start where you left off. You had to do it all over again to get the final prize even if you'd done all but the last day the first time. It happened to me. It was a drag, but still worth the ski lodge template. And I think Santa's farmhouse would be worth a redo also.
Wasn't aware of that last bit. I had heard and read somewhere that you picked up where you left off. Thanks for the correction.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
adm82020
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by adm82020 »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 23:40

Wasn't aware of that last bit. I had heard and read somewhere that you picked up where you left off. Thanks for the correction.
Thanks so much, was hoping it would come back.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 23:40

I had expected it to work that way, as that's what happens when a crafting event (the kind with candle & pottery stations etc.) is repeated. You pick up where you left off if you didn't complete it. And I think it's the same when a hobby event (like fashion design for stockings) repeats. But with the special holiday events, it's different.
madscientist
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

[Quest] Missing Claus - Issue on Day 4

Post by madscientist »

One of the quests on day 4 for is to Look for a Cure on a bookshelf. I was doing this as normal, but getting the footprints above the sims head and they were refusing the task. I first tried to restart the game, but no difference. What worked for me was to click in front of the bookshelf to place the sim right in front of it. I also have a room with several bookshelves and if I clicked on one that didn't have the exclamation on it, it seemed to work better. You have to do this task with 5 sims, so I kept trying the same thing, sometimes they still refused, but I just kept clicking on the bookshelf and eventually they start the task. Hopefully this will work for you if you get the same issue.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

madscientist wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 14:48 One of the quests on day 4 for is to Look for a Cure on a bookshelf. I was doing this as normal, but getting the footprints above the sims head and they were refusing the task. I first tried to restart the game, but no difference. What worked for me was to click in front of the bookshelf to place the sim right in front of it. I also have a room with several bookshelves and if I clicked on one that didn't have the exclamation on it, it seemed to work better. You have to do this task with 5 sims, so I kept trying the same thing, sometimes they still refused, but I just kept clicking on the bookshelf and eventually they start the task. Hopefully this will work for you if you get the same issue.
I have moved your post to the propper topic.

Try using different bookcases for each sim like pointed out by telemwill at this post on page 3 of this topic.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View