All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by dee simmer »

mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 19:52
The dates are FM's time zone in Australia. It's the 16th already there. The first events in any update usually start immediately upon updating. But most of the time you can delay updating for a couple of days and still get the full allotted time.
Does this mean that the Night of Candy Masters event has already begun but it just hasn’t shown up in my game because I already have all the costumes?
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

dee simmer wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 20:03
The dates are FM's time zone in Australia. It's the 16th already there. The first events in any update usually start immediately upon updating. But most of the time you can delay updating for a couple of days and still get the full allotted time.
Does this mean that the Night of Candy Masters event has already begun but it just hasn’t shown up in my game because I already have all the costumes?
If you already have all the costumes you won't get the Night of the Candy Monsters quest.

That being said, I have a game that hasn't done any of the events that are listed to start on the 15th/16th and I haven't got any pop up about the Prom or Night of the Candy Monsters events. They've never had three (three!!) quests slated to start on the same day before so maybe they mean to stagger it with them starting at different times. It's also quite possible whoever wrote up the schedule made a mistake. But I don't think anyone needs to worry yet.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 19:50
SKatF wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 17:45 Can someone clarify what optional event means?

Fron description, not a re-run, which you don't get if already completed in your gsme.
Last time they used that phrase it meant that it still wouldn't show if you've already completed it and if you haven't completed it yet you would get a pop up asking if you wanted to participate in it. It's not really any different than other re-run events except for the pop up to ask if you want to do it.
Thanks for clarification.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

There is something wrong with how this is showing up as an update with some devices. On my iPhone there was nothing in my update section but by hunting for the app under Search, I could find it and update. With my iPad there was no update visible at all. I had to delete the app off the device and then load it back on the device and it loaded with the updated version. Whew!
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 20:44
dee simmer wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 20:03
If you already have all the costumes you won't get the Night of the Candy Monsters quest.

That being said, I have a game that hasn't done any of the events that are listed to start on the 15th/16th and I haven't got any pop up about the Prom or Night of the Candy Monsters events. They've never had three (three!!) quests slated to start on the same day before so maybe they mean to stagger it with them starting at different times. It's also quite possible whoever wrote up the schedule made a mistake. But I don't think anyone needs to worry yet.
Thanks. I guess I just have to wait for the Stockings hobby event and the day spa event.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Has anyone been able to update the game on a Kindle? I have the update on my android phone but not my Kindle.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

Items that are normally only available in the wizards cottage but not available for sale or to duplicate are currently on sale in the home store. Wizards chess, cottage bookcase (different from the one with floating books), the bathroom set and bedroom set.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181016-191027.png
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 02:29 Has anyone been able to update the game on a Kindle? I have the update on my android phone but not my Kindle.
I had to uninstall and reinstall from store to get it. Thanks for tip.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

hi, sorry if this is a redundant question but i don't get the stockings thing. is that something that would become avaliable in the mall stores/??? immediatelly or do we first have to do the stockings quest/event to unlock the whole stockings concept? thanks!!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

randy_thrandy wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 11:13 hi, sorry if this is a redundant question but i don't get the stockings thing. is that something that would become avaliable in the mall stores/??? immediatelly or do we first have to do the stockings quest/event to unlock the whole stockings concept? thanks!!
For right now I don't think they will be adding any to the mall stores. We have to do the hobby event to unlock the stockings and the stockings tab in the wardrobe.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update