All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

Post by randy_thrandy »

SKatF wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 01:55
JaneRoettinger wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 10:53 Today I won black dishwasher and realized it costs 23 SPs. And you don't get one for free as usual :\
Yes, I was shocked with none free after the extra high price in resources. But I guess an unlock is better than just getting one with no unlock.
i just unlocked mine. 23SPs ???? have they lost their minds???? and not even a single free item? no wait, i don't care about the free item, i had to collect 168000 points for a goddamn sleek as hell dishwasher only to discover it costs SO MUCH i will never be able to afford a single one!?!?!!?!? ...well unless i just quit uni and cancel all my real life activities and just sit myself down and grind ofr LPs for 6 months, turn then into SPs and then try to see if i can afford a black dishwasher then. probably not.

i've never been so disappointed in the entire year, or, rather, given that it's the 1st, TWO consecutive entire years. :evil: i'm positively fuming!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There will be another Event soon and it looks like it's another new main prize "Metal Ring Fountain". I'm pretty sure it will be as expensive as the last new objects. Courious whether it's the same like the Concrete Urn Fountain just with other colours 🤔
Attachments
FC5C5EC0-C366-4E99-87EC-2AF5959540B8.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The Metal Ring Fountain is a different, new fountain. It also requires 168,000 points.

It's frustrating that we could go a year or more without a new marketplace event prize and then suddenly get 3 new prizes in one update. It would have been so much better to draw these new prizes out over a longer period of time rather than shove them down our throats in one go.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 07:21 The Metal Ring Fountain is a different, new fountain. It also requires 168,000 points.

It's frustrating that we could go a year or more without a new marketplace event prize and then suddenly get 3 new prizes in one update. It would have been so much better to draw these new prizes out over a longer period of time rather than shove them down our throats in one go.
I agree. Within the last weeks I had my sims working at the work places again to fill up the storage. Now it starts to become boring again.

The new fountain looks pretty and this time I'll also get an elusive black bar stool :)
Attachments
25C96519-B864-44CA-BDC0-2429A9090B15.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 07:21 The Metal Ring Fountain is a different, new fountain. It also requires 168,000 points.

Hmm! You mean like it was a deliberate ploy having us neglect the workplaces then spring all this so we'd feel pressured into spending RLM to catch up? :roll:

Well luckily for me when it was quiet in my game a few months ago I'd returned to my workplaces to upgrade storage and get rid of the junky stuff we were getting in the market. When the first fountain popped up I thought it was my reward :lol:

But at least it means I was ready for this and I for one (hands on hips) am not going to be pressured :)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I can't believe they're throwing this at us at the same time as a live event. How much time do they think we have? They could've at least waited till the pet event is over.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

So, since I started playing again (stopped right after 2017 Christmas Quest), we've had the Christmas Quest, which I wasted 13 days on and lost out on the big prize, then all at once: new hair, pet quest, Marketplace Event AND Hans Quest and now this. Guess what? I'm over the Sims again. Guess I'll see them at Christmastime. Which is a shame, because I was starting to develop new relationships in my Random Yaboe game (which is slowly becoming my Whovian game).

I have other things in my life that I like to do: writing, making art and you know, also hold down a full time job. I can't have the Sims take over my life like they seem to demand we do.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

chamilet wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 16:16 So, since I started playing again (stopped right after 2017 Christmas Quest), we've had the Christmas Quest, which I wasted 13 days on and lost out on the big prize, then all at once: new hair, pet quest, Marketplace Event AND Hans Quest and now this. Guess what? I'm over the Sims again. Guess I'll see them at Christmastime. Which is a shame, because I was starting to develop new relationships in my Random Yaboe game (which is slowly becoming my Whovian game).

I have other things in my life that I like to do: writing, making art and you know, also hold down a full time job. I can't have the Sims take over my life like they seem to demand we do.
I'm a completer so I know how you feel. My daughter is more disciplined. She just participates in the events she is most interested in and has time for and ignores the rest. The game is becoming more her kind of game. I guess having a choice of events is better than being bored because there are not enough.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

SKatF wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 07:56
chamilet wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 16:16 So, since I started playing again (stopped right after 2017 Christmas Quest), we've had the Christmas Quest, which I wasted 13 days on and lost out on the big prize, then all at once: new hair, pet quest, Marketplace Event AND Hans Quest and now this. Guess what? I'm over the Sims again. Guess I'll see them at Christmastime. Which is a shame, because I was starting to develop new relationships in my Random Yaboe game (which is slowly becoming my Whovian game).

I'm a completer so I know how you feel. My daughter is more disciplined. She just participates in the events she is most interested in and has time for and ignores the rest. The game is becoming more her kind of game. I guess having a choice of events is better than being bored because there are not enough.
I guess? Except that when they are always hand feeding you new quests and such, where is the creativity? No time to just play with your Sims and design homes and create storylines for them. It's grind, grind, grind. I don't need to be constantly entertained with a quest. I'd like to play out their lives. But even if I wanted to do that, there are pop up reminders and those "You missed out" pop ups, which I really hate. There should be a way to toggle off those notifications.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

SKatF wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 07:56

This was a really tough Christmas to jump back in the game as I think most players found this update challenging.
Updates now seem to contain lots of reruns - a chance to catch up on missed stuff for some and a breathing space for others but a real nightmare I imagine for casual players. You have to be in the game a lot and either be selective or time/resource rich (or prepared to spend RLM) to keep up.
As a newbie I unrealistically went for everything, missed out and deleted my first game in frustration. The game has changed but I've not. Still want everything. Still miss out in spite of being (reasonably) disciplined because Ya know the RL thing keeps gettin in the way!
But I for one would abandon the game from boredom (i.e. last Halloween update) and I do love a challenge!