Kids Party Community Challenges

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by randy_thrandy »

telemwill wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 12:20 Well, that's unexpected. And it makes me nervous.

Ruth
I love how suspicious you are, finally someone whose ability to anticipate the worst matches my own. :lol: Let's just hope we're wrong, huh? Maybe they've just come to their senses after so many greedy tricks and all. ... specially the last one with 4 keys/box. MAybe that's their way of apologising? C:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

randy_thrandy wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 13:50
telemwill wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 12:20 Well, that's unexpected. And it makes me nervous.

Ruth
I love how suspicious you are, finally someone whose ability to anticipate the worst matches my own. :lol: Let's just hope we're wrong, huh? Maybe they've just come to their senses after so many greedy tricks and all. ... specially the last one with 4 keys/box. MAybe that's their way of apologising? C:
It is weird! They might have been having too much trouble with these events lol Who knows?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Ruth
Maybe tallying all the actions was hard on their system. Or alternately, they found relatively few players were participating as everyone expected to get the prizes whether they did or not.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

SKatF wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 16:54

Ruth
Maybe tallying all the actions was hard on their system. Or alternately, they found relatively few players were participating as everyone expected to get the prizes whether they did or not.
you're right, that sounds very likely. however, the idea of them just shoving the prizes into our faces as an equivalent of a giant plastic please-forgive-us grin pleases me more. ^^
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Kids Party Community Challenges

Post by contrarysims »

My thoughts on the challenges, changes to the mystery boxes, the appearance of online store packs that cost SP or LP instead of real dollars...these are all just ways to get eyeballs on the online store and potentially get people to see things they might spend real dollars on. Since we have to go into the online store and purchase our prize for 1 simoleon, when they've never had issues pushing prizes directly to us in the home store or the wardrobe before now, it seems pretty blatant to me.

I'm not necessarily against it. Things like this are more tolerable to me than them making things so difficult or tedious that we are compelled to spend money on currency (obviously they do plenty of that already). But then, I think I have pretty good impulse control when it comes to seeing things that I could spend money on but really shouldn't. Obviously I'm not the type of person they're targeting with this.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road