Mystery box shop - Preteen Special Box

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

So I'm a little irritated right now. The new preteen special items mystery boxes are out, you unlock 9 items per box with 81 items total so you need to purchase 9 boxes to get them all. But, instead of 1 key per box like the Villa items they are 4 keys per box! That's 36 total keys needed! Timer says 63 days which is enough time to earn 9 keys, I have 12 keys stored and still won't have enough. :evil:
Last edited by ErinPW on 16 May 2018, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

This has shown up in my game. We have about 9 weeks to claim the items. But it's 4 keys per box this time for 9 items per box. If I counted correctly, there are a total of 81 items and we would need 36 keys to claim them all. Yikes.

Guess they are trying to make money selling the keys in the online store. I calculated that if I had to buy all the keys it would cost me $215.88 (Canadian dollars). Yeah :shock: :o :evil: not gonna happen. I may get a couple of boxes with the keys I have and call it a day.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by Desiree »

simsally wrote: 15 May 2018, 13:36 So I'm a little irritated right now. The new preteen special items mystery boxes are out, you unlock 9 items per box with 81 items total so you need to purchase 9 boxes to get them all. But, instead of 1 key per box like the Villa items they are 4 keys per box! That's 36 total keys needed! Timer says 63 days which is enough time to earn 9 keys, I have 12 keys stored and still won't have enough. :evil:
I am more than a little irritated! They never add things for the pre-teens and when they FINALLY do it’s set up in this ridiculous way! :evil: :evil:
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simsally wrote: 15 May 2018, 13:36 So I'm a little irritated right now. The new preteen special items mystery boxes are out, you unlock 9 items per box with 81 items total so you need to purchase 9 boxes to get them all. But, instead of 1 key per box like the Villa items they are 4 keys per box! That's 36 total keys needed! Timer says 63 days which is enough time to earn 9 keys, I have 12 keys stored and still won't have enough. :evil:
This is ridiculous. That's $155.88 dollars worth of keys. 9 months worth of keys. :shock: :x

I've got 6 keys. I had heard we would need 9 boxes to get all the items but I just assumed it would be 1 key like last time and thought I would have enough time to get everything. Now I don't think I'm going to bother getting even one box.

If they ever end up selling these items in the online store they most likely won't put them in one huge bundle for $150. They'd split it up for less. That's what I'm going to hope for and maybe I can then get just the hair.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Mystery box shop - Preteen Special Box

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Wait really? That is a shame I hoped we would be able to get everything from regular gameplay
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Desiree wrote: 15 May 2018, 15:30
I am more than a little irritated! They never add things for the pre-teens and when they FINALLY do it’s set up in this ridiculous way! :evil: :evil:
I share the irritation. This is the part of the update I was most looking forward to. The party stuff was fun, but I'm not likely to use it often. I was hoping for new actions on items we already own like the piano, chores around the house, playing with baby brothers and sisters. And, of course, new clothes and hair. Now it looks like we won't be able to get them.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

UGH! Well that explains the hugely overpriced keys in the online store :cry: it feels very unfair when they introduce something that’s just not possible to achieve for free.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I agree. I can't imagine there are very many players, if any, that have 27-36 keys saved up. This is obviously an attempt to sell those keys in the online store. They have enough stuff in the mystery boxes that they didn't need extra incentives to buy the keys. Adding these preteen items like this feels like a slap in the face to all of us. Much more than if they had just added them to the online store.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Tartanfairy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tartanfairy »

I used 9 keys to get the villa stuff in the special boxes last time. And I’d saved up 8 keys for this event starting but I don’t want to spend them on pre-teen stuff and get a mix of things incase they release it as sets in the future (like a set of hairdos or a set of trainers). I have 47 rare items to collect anyway in my fortune boxes so I’d rather use my keys there as that would take me over 5 years to collect anyway.
I used 6 keys to get a fortune box and got a new rug!!! I have no use for them!!!
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

bluebeariscool wrote: 17 May 2018, 08:54 UGH! Well that explains the hugely overpriced keys in the online store :cry: it feels very unfair when they introduce something that’s just not possible to achieve for free.
Welp! :cry:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~