[EVENT] Street Smarts (Aerobics Hobby)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

[EVENT] Street Smarts (Aerobics Hobby)

Post by mockingbird288z »

The Street Smarts hobby event will be starting soon! According to the dates that FM gave to Make2 this event will be starting on January 13th.

It will be with the aerobics hobby and will be new outfits.

StreetSmarts.png
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [EVENT] Street Smarts

Post by Lenny »

I hate the Aerobic Hobby. Why can't they do new outfits with the fashion designer, what would make much more sense?
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

Lenny wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 09:37 I hate the Aerobic Hobby. Why can't they do new outfits with the fashion designer, what would make much more sense?
Watch as when you don't get all of them they're in the store for like $8.99.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

The event has started for me!

I didn't seem to be able to use all of the mats at the fitness centre to do the hobby. After the first sim started the 4.5 options , the following ones only had a 10min "join in" option, that seemed like they were doing a class instead of the hobby. Is this the case for anyone else?
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
ajwa251196
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by ajwa251196 »

You need to buy the mat from the play r' us store and put it in the house lot. Clicking 'join in' wont start the hobby or anything. Hope this helps.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

ajwa251196 wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 09:41 You need to buy the mat from the play r' us store and put it in the house lot. Clicking 'join in' wont start the hobby or anything. Hope this helps.
Yeah, I did end up doing that. I was just a bit bummed that i had to drop over 100 thousand simoleons for 6 mats instead of just being able to use the mats provided at the fitness centre. :(
mockingbird288z

The purple mats at the Health Hub have always been like that. It's so that sims can do the aerobics without needing to actually start the hobby.
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MayaRose »

I just went through and changed everyone's activewear and then realised, after I'd changed my female with a Christmas outfit, that it changed their outfits completely and now I can't get her back into her old outfit because it's not showing up in the wardrobe! And I can't remember if my last save was before or after the laundry event finished! Help!
GC name : MayaRose1138
HH & HFN: 1 & 2 Firehouse Rd
Music: 10 West Side. TV: $22mil
Firepole: 2 Bliss Docks
Animals: Volcano view

GC name: DragonStar249
HFN & HH: 2 & 3 Firehouse Rd
TV: $24mil
Other: same as game 1
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 17:09 The purple mats at the Health Hub have always been like that. It's so that sims can do the aerobics without needing to actually start the hobby.
I think I only ever had one sim complete the hobby to unlock the set, so I guess that's how I never noticed before. I didn't really bother with the aerobics events before because I'm not that interested in exercise gear, but I want the shorts and boots in these outfits.

I guess that makes sense to let us use them without it being a hobby, it's only this one hobby? No other hobbies seem to have this option. It would be really convenient if sims had the option cook plates of food without it being a hobby, for example. It just seems weird to me.
mockingbird288z

contrarysims wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 02:54
mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 17:09 The purple mats at the Health Hub have always been like that. It's so that sims can do the aerobics without needing to actually start the hobby.
I guess that makes sense to let us use them without it being a hobby, it's only this one hobby? No other hobbies seem to have this option. It would be really convenient if sims had the option cook plates of food without it being a hobby, for example. It just seems weird to me.
Yes, it's only this hobby. It would be nice if other hobbies had options like this. Just an option when you click on a hobby (it can be a different color or something) that just has the sim go through the actions without getting an item for the hobby collection or contributing to the hobby. It would be especially nice if doing that option counted for weekly goals, too.