[LIVE EVENT] Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Post by dee simmer »

mockingbird288z wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 06:24 I don't know if it's because I'm out of the habit of doing these types of events (the last new one was 5 months ago) or because I know I'm never going to use the hair-specific items but this event hasn't been fun for me. Can't even really look forward to using the items I do like because of the cost for them. The last thing I need to unlock before finishing is the angled chairs - angled chairs! something most of us have been wanting for years. But it's hard to get excited about them when each one costs about 30sps.

I like most of the wall hangings - I don't like "Infinity" that lady looks like an alien to me. :lol: I wish the magazine racks were interactive so sims could use them for magazine goals. The coat racks are a nice, unexpected item - I hope we see more types in the future. Same for the table decorations, it's nice to see some new ones from the Snow Problem quest and this one - again, hope we see more of those in the future. And new hairstyles are always nice - but why is it always only adults?

If we have more of these events in our future I really hope preteens and seniors get new stuff and the prices for items are more reasonable.
I also feel the same. The last time i almost pulled my hair out trying to complete the french chateau event because i was really looking forward to using the furniture and the house (That event was almost impossible; i had to use social points to complete it). I have just completed the salon event but for some reason i felt like the event an inconvenience especially when i have to pay SPs to purchase the salon items.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Oh good lord. I've missed most of this, haven't I? I was burned out on the holiday quest and haven't checked back in with SFP since it ended. :evil:
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

So I have one more item to purchase (ladies long hair, men’s short, I decided to purchase the hair washing station first) I have about 30,000 items to craft and 25 construction coins to spin for with this evening and tomorrow left. I’m doing the 2.5 hour during the day up to 10pm, with checking to collect the bonus items all the time to get as many as possible and doing the 8.5 hours overnight starting again ASAP (i’m Currently off work with a broken ankle). I don’t think I’ll make purchasing the last item which makes it all pointless because what use is everything else without the hair cutting chair! I really wish they didn’t haven’t as many hair styles to unlock.
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

chamilet wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 18:58 Oh good lord. I've missed most of this, haven't I? I was burned out on the holiday quest and haven't checked back in with SFP since it ended. :evil:
That was me with the last event (French furniture) seeing it in everyone else’s games makes me want to bring it back even though I don’t find it fun.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

chamilet wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 18:58 Oh good lord. I've missed most of this, haven't I? I was burned out on the holiday quest and haven't checked back in with SFP since it ended. :evil:
Yeah, they started this one practically right after the Snow one ended. Some holiday. :roll: I think there's about 5 days left if you start now, maybe you could get some of the stuff.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I got lucky with a mega spin, so I have plenty of coins, but I need around 10,000 more of each craft item and around 36 hours to finish. This is the first time I feel like I won't be able to finish a live event. Of course, having the flu hasn't helped. Guess I'll just have to hurry some shifts with sp. Wish they'd let us use time extensions for this!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

I couldn’t agree more I have two time extensions and an extra 24 hours would be perfect. The last two quests have been fairly easy to Finish within the time limit, so they’re just sitting there.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I don't think that I will finish this either. I still have the last two items to unlock. :(
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

Did anyone else just get 10 social points as a gift? I wonder if it has anything to do with this event being so difficult? (I have a spread sheet I use to track if I'm going to complete these events or not and this one seemed like a day shorter then other have been.)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I just got a mini push update and then a pop up that said something about a gift to me and 10SPs were added.

And I haven't checked all of the prizes but some of the angled chairs now cost simoleons!!!!!!!! :D And the ones that still cost SPs don't cost as much.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update