[Holiday Quest] Snow Problem

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [QUEST] Snow Problem

Post by mockingbird288z »

Ahdyenne Lodis wrote: 23 Dec 2017, 22:46 Day 13 is the 24th right??
In short, yes, for most of us.

But it depends on what time zone you are in. This quest is different than any other quest or event prior in that instead of starting at midnight for whatever time zone you are in it started at the same for everyone.

The quest started at 6:00pm AEDT on December 12th. So each day starts at 6:00pm AEDT. And day 13 will start at 6:00pm AEDT on the 24th. But that means anyone who is in the PST time zone or west of that will actually start Day 13 on the 23rd.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Just a reminder or an FYI for those who don’t know yet:

The open loft area in the Snow Chalet is actually an item that can be moved an used in another house. It’s called Landing Blonde and can be found in the Stairs tab after removing it from the chalet. To select it go to the second floor in build mode and tap anywhere in the open area.
0AE540F3-1ED5-4FE5-B83D-F6EBB7BDDE21.jpeg

0ED4096B-E1F7-4F1E-87B1-D412B195B176.jpeg
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I really like that we can place items on the chalet kitchen counters/benchtops even if it is those with upper cabinets. It's rather difficult to remove items placed on these countertops. I had to put the countertop in inventory and then re-place it to get rid of an item I no longer wanted on it. A minor inconvenience.

However, I don't like that the cupboard pictured has a tile backsplash but other units don't, so it looks rather odd when you use a variety of cabinets together.
Attachments
20171224_061806-1.jpg
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Madlyaddicted »

Got zero chance of getting the chalet yet I've been doing the quest at every opportunity. Spent over 40 lps trying to get through it quicker, still 2 sections to get through and only a few hours left. What a waste of time and lps
mockingbird288z

The only difference between a standard and oceanview Lot that I can see is that the oceanview Lot has more room to build and dark chalet carpet in the bedrooms instead of the white chalet carpet. And the standard Lot has a Tall Succulent in it.

The dark chalet carpet is not unlocked in the home store.
7D2A1D85-B6E5-480D-BF1E-0A41DB1906D6.jpeg

The standard Lot has a Black Shag Small in the front of the front door that the oceanview Lot doesn’t have (that rug is unlocked in the home store).
Ahdyenne Lodis
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Ahdyenne Lodis »

How do I move the open loft area (aka The Landing Blonde) into a empty lot... because I heard you can do that!?!?
mockingbird288z

Ahdyenne Lodis wrote: 25 Dec 2017, 01:26 How do I move the open loft area (aka The Landing Blonde) into a empty lot... because I heard you can do that!?!?
Maybe this or this can help.
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

I believe that is just the black carpet flooring and not specifically a dark chalet carpet is it not?
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

No Santa sleigh for purchase this year? 😫
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Hate this kind of specific day quest right now. I was totally on target but spent the 24th at the hospital after my mom fell. On return home I was able to finish last day in my main game but it ended before I could finish a secondary game. I had plenty of time extensions or LP If there had been an option to extend. Merry Christmas from EA. I hope an option to purchase or finish game comes along. I would enjoy playing around with the balcony option.