Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by annarose »

mockingbird288z wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 00:39
annarose wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 00:33
Labellevie88 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 21:19
mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:59
Labellevie88 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:46 I seem to have stopped getting free Christmas items. No pop-up and also no free items when I check the section with the Christmas items. I'm so disappointed, I've been loving the free Christmas items and have a whole Christmas house I'm designing that I use them for :cry:
That was only going to be for the first 5-6 days. So that part of the update is over. Now that the Snow Problem quest has started the next thing will be the anniversary gift. This year they will be giving us a free mystery box.
The Sims Freeplay wrote:To celebrate The Sims FreePlay's sixth birthday, we'll be gifting Simmers with a Mystery Box redeemable between December 14 – 18 (AEDT).
It will probably appear as a gift box next to the mailbox and we will only be able to open it between December 14-18 AEDT. If someone waits until the 19th the gift will be gone.
Oh thanks! I thought it would continue until Christmas. Well, it's sad that it doesn't but it was great while it lasted. Thank you for clearing it up!
Has anyone received their free mystery box? I've been keeping an eye out for it but maybe I missed it??
I got mine on the 14th. I didn't get a pop up notice about it or anything, I just noticed the package at the front of one of my house lots near the garbage can. I would check all of your houses. I'm not sure if the present will be available through the 18th (i.e., until 11:59 on the 18th) or it was available up to the 18th (i.e., until 11:59 on the 17th).
Bugger - I've probably missed it!
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Love the new thing w/ the paintings! Now I just need to find the time to redecorate! ;) And let me tell ya, I’ll be doing some *MAJOR* redecorating!!! :D
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Has anyone else had sims struck by lightning while standing outside? Twice now I have had a message pop up telling me that my sim was struck by lightning and is "feeling charged". Has this always been a thing when standing in a storm? A newly introduced way of inspiring sims (mine were already inspired with cake slices, so I can't tell whether that's what is meant by "feeling charged")? Or is it just a gimmick with the current Snow Problem quest?
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

contrarysims wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 13:13 Has anyone else had sims struck by lightning while standing outside? Twice now I have had a message pop up telling me that my sim was struck by lightning and is "feeling charged". Has this always been a thing when standing in a storm? A newly introduced way of inspiring sims (mine were already inspired with cake slices, so I can't tell whether that's what is meant by "feeling charged")? Or is it just a gimmick with the current Snow Problem quest?
I keep getting that, but all the sims hit were already inspired :roll:
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I haven't had this happen this update, but it does occur sometimes. I believe it began the update we got the weather machines.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Has the Blood Bank refrigerator been removed? I was going to add one to a "survivalist bunker" in the basement of one of my houses, now I don't see it listed anymore.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

PyroSpazz wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 18:55 Has the Blood Bank refrigerator been removed? I was going to add one to a "survivalist bunker" in the basement of one of my houses, now I don't see it listed anymore.
I am still able to purchase it. :?

Mine is by the Dr. Freeze fridge.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

PyroSpazz wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 18:55 Has the Blood Bank refrigerator been removed? I was going to add one to a "survivalist bunker" in the basement of one of my houses, now I don't see it listed anymore.
Hmmm that’s strange, I still see it in my home store, though I do feel like it was acquired from the anniversary gift but I could be wrong about that.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Savage_Xeno wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 21:42 Hmmm that’s strange, I still see it in my home store, though I do feel like it was acquired from the anniversary gift but I could be wrong about that.
The anniversary gift was a free fortune box so you could have gotten one of the Blood Bank Fridges for free from that. But it wouldn't be an unlock.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

garishplum wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 19:36
I am still able to purchase it. :?

Mine is by the Dr. Freeze fridge.
Yep, I still have it too. Between the Dr. Freeze Fridge and the Drink Fridge. It's the third fridge from the end of the fridges (if that makes sense) before you get to the ovens.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update