All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Labellevie88
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by Labellevie88 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:59
Labellevie88 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:46 I seem to have stopped getting free Christmas items. No pop-up and also no free items when I check the section with the Christmas items. I'm so disappointed, I've been loving the free Christmas items and have a whole Christmas house I'm designing that I use them for :cry:
That was only going to be for the first 5-6 days. So that part of the update is over. Now that the Snow Problem quest has started the next thing will be the anniversary gift. This year they will be giving us a free mystery box.
The Sims Freeplay wrote:To celebrate The Sims FreePlay's sixth birthday, we'll be gifting Simmers with a Mystery Box redeemable between December 14 – 18 (AEDT).
It will probably appear as a gift box next to the mailbox and we will only be able to open it between December 14-18 AEDT. If someone waits until the 19th the gift will be gone.
Oh thanks! I thought it would continue until Christmas. Well, it's sad that it doesn't but it was great while it lasted. Thank you for clearing it up!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Um, this is new, right?
Can place items along walls with paintings/wall hangings
Can place items along walls with paintings/wall hangings
Even on walls with staircases
Even on walls with staircases
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

Yes! It looks more real now with paintings behind the furniture. :)
This change happened after that mini update we had 2days back, right? Or it was always like this since this update came out?
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

This is also new..my sim can now walk in front of these urban green lush paintings. Before they couldn't.
20171218_121553.jpg
mockingbird288z

BlueIndian wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 06:21 Yes! It looks more real now with paintings behind the furniture. :)
This change happened after that mini update we had 2days back, right? Or it was always like this since this update came out?
I think it had to have been since the main update came out. IIRC, the French paintings could be placed behind some things but not items like beds and chairs. But now most of wall hanging items can be placed behind furniture. It's awesome, I love it!
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

This is definitely new BUT I’m embracing it with cheer!!😁😁😁
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

BlueIndian wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 06:49 This is also new..my sim can now walk in front of these urban green lush paintings. Before they couldn't. 20171218_121553.jpg
I don’t understand why our sims can’t walk in front of the wall flatscreen TV 📺 sets 🙄...

I don’t understand why we can’t place our furniture up closer to the newer windows with blinds since in real life we can decorate our homes in that way.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 07:15 […]
I think it had to have been since the main update came out. IIRC, the French paintings could be placed behind some things but not items like beds and chairs. But now most of wall hanging items can be placed behind furniture. It's awesome, I love it!
I love it, too! Now I want it for the Sun Sculpture, the clocks and lamps as well :oops: And I want it back for the herb thingy.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Labellevie88 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 21:19
Labellevie88 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:46 I seem to have stopped getting free Christmas items. No pop-up and also no free items when I check the section with the Christmas items. I'm so disappointed, I've been loving the free Christmas items and have a whole Christmas house I'm designing that I use them for :cry:
That was only going to be for the first 5-6 days. So that part of the update is over. Now that the Snow Problem quest has started the next thing will be the anniversary gift. This year they will be giving us a free mystery box.
The Sims Freeplay wrote:To celebrate The Sims FreePlay's sixth birthday, we'll be gifting Simmers with a Mystery Box redeemable between December 14 – 18 (AEDT).
It will probably appear as a gift box next to the mailbox and we will only be able to open it between December 14-18 AEDT. If someone waits until the 19th the gift will be gone.
Oh thanks! I thought it would continue until Christmas. Well, it's sad that it doesn't but it was great while it lasted. Thank you for clearing it up!
Has anyone received their free mystery box? I've been keeping an eye out for it but maybe I missed it??
mockingbird288z

annarose wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 00:33
Labellevie88 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 21:19
Has anyone received their free mystery box? I've been keeping an eye out for it but maybe I missed it??
I got mine on the 14th. I didn't get a pop up notice about it or anything, I just noticed the package at the front of one of my house lots near the garbage can. I would check all of your houses. I'm not sure if the present will be available through the 18th (i.e., until 11:59 on the 18th) or it was available up to the 18th (i.e., until 11:59 on the 17th).