Downtown High School Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Downtown High School Update - Changes

Post by BlueIndian »

SunshineCat wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 05:01 I only started playing about 2 months ago and don't have everything unlocked (by far). I'm saving up money by waiting to complete the original high school quest, but it's slow going to get enough to buy new community buildings. Is there anything special for the event I need the downtown or new high school area right now, or is everything new there permanent? Would it be better to try to build the health spa right now so I can participate in the hobby event for aerobics? I already had a sim max out the Internet Kitten hobby after there was confusion about if that or woodworking was going to happen a couple weeks ago.

Edit: It sounds like there is also a 7-day limit for other aerobics prizes as a regular time-limited hobby prize. Will this event conflict with this if they happen at the same time?
Months back I was collecting regular baby outfits available with musical expression hobby. Next day baby onesie event started which also required same hobby. So my regular event was paused automatically till I finished collecting all the baby onesies..it resumed after I collected all of them. So I think if you are in middle of aerobic activewear collection and this upcoming event starts, you can collect your regular prize after special event is over.
I don't know if this has changed recently though..

Also about new downtown high school, it doesn't give anything new furniture etc...you'll unlock cheerleader outfit and a pet pig..if I were you I wouldn't spend my money on it now. You can start this quest anytime as it is a discovery quest :)
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

BlueIndian wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 06:43
SunshineCat wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 05:01 I only started playing about 2 months ago and don't have everything unlocked (by far). I'm saving up money by waiting to complete the original high school quest, but it's slow going to get enough to buy new community buildings. Is there anything special for the event I need the downtown or new high school area right now, or is everything new there permanent? Would it be better to try to build the health spa right now so I can participate in the hobby event for aerobics? I already had a sim max out the Internet Kitten hobby after there was confusion about if that or woodworking was going to happen a couple weeks ago.

Edit: It sounds like there is also a 7-day limit for other aerobics prizes as a regular time-limited hobby prize. Will this event conflict with this if they happen at the same time?
Months back I was collecting regular baby outfits available with musical expression hobby. Next day baby onesie event started which also required same hobby. So my regular event was paused automatically till I finished collecting all the baby onesies..it resumed after I collected all of them. So I think if you are in middle of aerobic activewear collection and this upcoming event starts, you can collect your regular prize after special event is over.

Also about new downtown high school, it doesn't give anything new furniture etc...you'll unlock cheerleader outfit and a pet pig..if I were you I wouldn't spend my money on it now. You can start this quest anytime as it is a discovery quest :)
Haven't done Puppy Odessey or the Health Centre on my new game! So now figuring out a plan of action as I've already started building the Downtown Highschool
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

With this update I can't access architect homes like I could before even though I didn't complete the quest, boo! Guess I'll have to hurry up and do it as there is a house with statue I want.
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
AeroSmash
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AeroSmash »

I really love that they are repeating Live Events! Because I was not able to complete them when they were live! I really need the Love Island and Magic Island (don't know the original names on english because I play in spanish)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

AeroSmash wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:44 I really love that they are repeating Live Events! Because I was not able to complete them when they were live! I really need the Love Island and Magic Island (don't know the original names on english because I play in spanish)
Sounds like you are talking about the Tropical Romance Island event and the Prince and the Pocket-sized Princess event (that unlocked the magical rainforest). Those are community events and so are a little different from live events. The Tropical Romance Island has happened twice, both times in February around Valentine's Day. My guess would be if it does repeat again it will happen next February. The Magical rainforest one happened last December. Typically they don't repeat the December events again but those are also usually Christmasy/Wintery. Which the magical rainforest one wasn't. The only ones who know of that will repeat are FM.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

But baby outfits is a regular collecting-random-prize task while limited edt activewear is timed for 7-days (like the baby jumper and beauty vanity). So I guess if you haven't finished the aerobic hobby the event might not appear. I think SunshineCat should start building the gym right now :)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Valgon wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 10:52

But baby outfits is a regular collecting-random-prize task while limited edt activewear is timed for 7-days (like the baby jumper and beauty vanity). So I guess if you haven't finished the aerobic hobby the event might not appear. I think SunshineCat should start building the gym right now :)
What BlueIndian experienced also happened for people before with other hobbies that have permanent limited time events like the picnic basket for the survivalist hobby. Unless FM drastically change something in this update what BlueIndian said is what will happen.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 14:17What BlueIndian experienced also happened for people before with other hobbies that have permanent limited time events like the picnic basket for the survivalist hobby. Unless FM drastically change something in this update what BlueIndian said is what will happen.
:oops: Thank you for clarifying, that's really nice of them.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

So there's no new furniture/items for this update?
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Not that I can see. Only outfits for adults and teens in my game.